Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

space marines have small stools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A chapter of women marines maybe don't need a name that mainly points out that they're women. Like, if being women is their defining feature, that's reducing them to their gender.

Call them something like the rear end Kickers or the Battle Killers or whatever. Oh, the Battle Killers are all women? Yeah, but they're best known for all the famous battles they killed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah and they're fine, just offering another perspective.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I feel like she would have some sort of patriotic tattoos on that gut

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Moola posted:

maybe some elf models?

yeah just get an elf and give it a space gun.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Soggy Chips posted:

When was the original death thread and when it predicted GW to shut?
Part of me wants to say 2012-13~

What happened to Broken Loose?
/goes back to lurking

January 20th, 2014 (archives required).

Essentially all of the predictions made that predicted GW failure have already passed by. A few of us predicted GW would not fail, but we were a tiny minority.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

There's an active Death Thread, but it's more about discussing the industry in general and doesn't predict the death of GW any more.

Yeah "death thread" is a TG slang word that really just means "in this thread you can discuss GW without having to be constantly engaging for multiple pages with GW's ardent defenders." Unfortunately that idea has been thoroughly dispelled in recent months; there is no way to create and maintain such a space. Goodby, death thread.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Eh we've done ok since we reopened it.

hah I didn't even notice, I'd de-bookmarked it when it closed.

TTerrible posted:

The problem with the death thread was absoultely on both sides of the argument and its telling that noone can admit that still.

nah

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm subtracting 2.4 points for plugging three things into the zygomatic, which is just solid bone. It's not realistic.

However that's still a solid A, well done good job.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They charge more for models that have high points costs and/or a given player only needs one of, because they will sell a lot fewer of those models to the game-players.

Self-fulfilling prophecy, though, because by charging far more for those models, they limit their appeal to the non-gaming hobbyists who just want it to paint and display.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Moola posted:

first you must complete these riddles

1. f__k
2. I am ____
3. good and ____

fork
groot
plenty

how did I do?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the answer is yes, there are space wolf loving stickers, a fact which I determined by typing "space wolf sticker" into google, a thing which really let's be honest buddy, would have taken you a tiny fraction of the amount of time you spent telling us utterly unnecessary details about your dead family members:

https://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-Space-Vinyl-Decal-Sticker/dp/B01N5MXQP9

it is $8.99 with free shipping and it is gonna look completely retarded on your wife's dead uncle's car, but you go ahead and shamelessly advertise your terrible childish hobby to the world, why the hell not? You're already married so it's not like it's gonna hurt your sex life.

here is a place that will do them in several sizes and colors!
https://a1decals.com/products-page/animation-toys/anime-decals/warhammer-40k-space-wolves-decal-sticker/

here is a much stupider sticker depicting a space wolf
https://www.teepublic.com/sticker/545774-space-wolves

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 10, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

You have to kill an Orc first, then you just boil everything off it's bones, and then you have an Orc skeleton :ms:

Boiling is pretty hard on bones, it's better to use corpse beetles to strip the skeleton. This has the added benefit of leaving the cartilage intact, so you get an actual skeleton and not just a pile of bones.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tolkien Estate already established pretty firmly in courts where the line was drawn between defensible copyright and not, back when RPGs first started ripping off Tolkien with hobbits vs. halflings and the ensuing legal battles were hashed out.

Suffice it to say that GW is totally in the clear, and if they weren't, Angry Florida Guy has no standing to sue, nor can he rely on some theoretical, not-established copyright violation of some third party's copyright to demand that GW refund all the money it made by selling violating products in his store or whatever.

Angry Florida Guy's lawsuit will not go anywhere, and while it's possible that he's stumbled vaguely near claims with legal merit somewhere in his screed, that will not really matter because he is plainly incompetent to press them.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I dunno if this is even the successor to the death thread or what but I wanted death thread goons to know the cat got adopted today. So that's good.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My wife and I rescued a half-dead cat. He had a broken jaw, a horrible wound on his rear/scrotum/etc that was covered in maggots, and was starving and weighted like 6 or 7 pounds. Also he has FIV.

Now he has all his weight back, his fur back, is neutered, his jaw was wired and is fully healed, he's super friendly and affectionate and playful, and he got adopted yesterday by a nice lady who teaches high school English and just wanted a companion.

We ran a gofundme and goons from the death thread, combined with people on facebook, donated $900 towards his medical costs, which in the end covered about three quarters of his vet bills. Our local cat rescue org covered a lot more stuff, including all of his medicine, his neuter op, and some minor surgery on his eyelids.

Cat Face Joe posted:

Good news. Does he still have complications or costs associated with his injuries or is he good as new?

He's as good as one could ask of an FIV cat. He'll always be at risk of infections and stuff, and eventually that will probably get him, but he could easily live 10+ more years.

Here is a recent photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah he doesn't always stick out the tongue, but he does it fairly often. His jaw isn't shaped exactly the same as before; we actually had to have one of his upper incisors filed down a bit because it was digging into his jaw and caused an abscess. But I think the tongue thing isn't that: he has always been a bit of a mouth breather, probably due to chronic nasal infection/blockage (now cured) and it's just kind of his habit to sit with his mouth open a little. It makes him look really dopey and cute.

Here he is not doing it

• Locked thread