Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Any Ontario Canada goons want to split a Dark Imperium box set? I want the plague side, you get the Bigly Marine side. Meeplemart has it for $162 CAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

So what the hell happened to the ork aesthetic? I made the mistake of doing some work on my old Gorkamorka stuff and so I've been looking at the new orks and it's loving hideous. Everything has been cranked up to 11 and covered in ten million tiny bits and doodads. I was most interested in getting some bikes, but they're worse than the Gorkamorka bike and that's not available anymore. I've seen one on eBay for $55, gently caress.

I like the look of the orks themselves, but yeah, gently caress the half dozen belts on the average boy. And I agree about bikes. I have eight or so I've been worried about painting due to the complexity of their gubbins.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I haven't been paying much attention, is it true that GW's plan to save themselves is taller space marines?

Not the whole plan. The whole plan is to start introducing a set of rules that aren't 100% arse (8th edition). Release codexes for all the armies at once in a "get by" format then rapidly follow up with full codexes for every army. Release "cheap" get started sets of monopose models. And perhaps most interestingly, take part in this exciting new thing called social media, and listen to what the community has to say.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

They're still 95% arse though, and the bigly marines are replacing the old marines in development and long term production, encouraging people to rebuy the same army over again through whaledom or social anxiety.

95% compared to some other games? Maybe. But compared to 7th ed. they are a big improvement.

Bigly marines are just this years model. Very few people don't like them. They look nice. As always they are way too expensive, but if you don't just hate the look of Space Marines, they are really nice.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Doesn't really matter whether you think they're nice or not, the point is that there won't be any new development for the old marines anymore - even though they'll still keep selling the old marines for quite some time, all future new marine releases are going to be bigly soldiers and their bigly vehicles. And, as a terrible hobby full of terrible people, there are going to be whales leaning on and poo poo talking players who keep bringing regular marines to events and tournaments 3, 5 years from now.

I guess. I play orks, so I don't much care. Also LOL if you play with anyone but friends/cool bros, and hopefully at someone's house (with beer).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

For some people the FLGS or a local club are the only places a game can be had, which is why a game that's just barely well written enough to be houseruled between friends over beer in a basement into some semblance of effectiveness isn't close to being actually well written.

Just out of curiosity, what games do you play?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

All I've played recently is Kings of War, though it wouldn't matter either way, because none of my friends play minis games. I also don't have a FLGS with gaming tables within an hours drive, which means I have to hit up one of the three clubs here.

That sucks. Genuinely sorry to hear about your situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Iceclaw posted:

It' an ork dok with two inflated ballons. His only training material was looney tunes cartoons.

Clearly those are chest squigs. Duh.

• Locked thread