Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Had a threeway with 2 bearded men yesterday I brought my wych cult. They brought Necrons and AdMech. My list was 2 raiders full of wyches, a couple minimum units of bikes and a minimum unit of hellions. Tossed in a succubus for HQ and some trueblood in a venom to round out the points and fit the whole thing in an Outrider detachment. It was 1000 points per player.

Was alright, I guess. Not a particularly eventful game, I knew from past experience playing equivalent games against these 2 that usually the guy who scores points early comes out on top so since I seized first turn I straight up threw away a unit to get those early points and ultimately win, we called it at the end of 4th due to time constraints with me at 3 points from objective, AdMech at 2 from warlord kill and first blood and Necrons at 2 from objectives.

The whole "disembark wyches, move up raider, charge raider, charge wyches" thing worked well enough to eat overwatch. Wyches themselves still really struggled to wound anything but they sure as hell stuck in there like motherfuckers. Necron wraiths, scarabs, destroyer lord, all perfectly survivable. The big damage came from the bikes and the hellions really, hellions feeling like far the more efficient out of the 2. The one time wyches ended up taking fire though, yeah, shreds. Cover is pretty much garbage now for the models that need it most, the only remotely safe places are the inside of your transports and behind hard LOSblock. That said the ability to move and charge through (most of) that cover made up for some of that.

Morale came up exactly once in the entire game, when a vanguard unit first ate a phantasm grenade followed by 6 casualties, the last 4 were lost.

Off this one experience, playing 8th was honestly almost exactly the same as playing 7th. Moving around and getting into fights was easier, vehicles were much harder to take out and some of the pointless bloat was gone, but the core experience was essentially the same. The new alternating activations combat wasn't all that, but this might've been more because I had equally expendable units in equally important combats. Allowed for some player choice but not in a meaningful way this time. In a theoretical follow-up list where I'd take a lot more hellions I'd have to be more careful about ensuring they get their payloads in where possible at the expense of the relatively limpwristed wyches and whatever the hell Reavers are supposed to be now. I guess you're supposed to just soak overwatch with a tiny Reaver unit bunched up into a tiny crater if you've lost your Raider or something.

So that's my take but here's a cupola with a skull in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
You know I bet that juice story would be a real let-down if it hadn't been passed down by a turbo-grog and in reality the juice-kids said "can we choose this week" and Grog-dad said "No, I'm getting the new Grey Knights". But if we let ourselves accept that this might be the truth of it the story of juice is dead.

I am neither the juice kids, Grog-dad or the juice itself.

I wish I was all three.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
There's 2 animes in there. Both animes like the marine and the second anime is jelly because the first anime is trying to get with marine anime. Ok so there's 3 animes.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

:same:

• Locked thread