Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

YOU STOLE MY loving POST YOU MOTHER FUCKER

THIS MAN ACTUALLY LIVES IN MY CITY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

hard counter posted:

it is a good story, i'm sorry you weren't the one to share it with us friend

I did share it though in the last thread :(

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

this thread is

missing

SOMETHING

I like to imagine he's just getting ready for a cosplay contest

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

A chapter of women marines maybe don't need a name that mainly points out that they're women. Like, if being women is their defining feature, that's reducing them to their gender.

Call them something like the rear end Kickers or the Battle Killers or whatever. Oh, the Battle Killers are all women? Yeah, but they're best known for all the famous battles they killed.

I think those were names his wife came up with for her chapter, though?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Any companies out there that do versions of the Phoenix Lords? Too many of their models are old and busted.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I kind of assumed, but still. Guess I'll just have to convert an Autarch or exarch.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 22, 2017

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Galaspar posted:

This is the Death Thread? poo poo, I'm out of the loop. Still, my question stands. What's up with that?

There's an answer. A good answer. But you might not like it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I dunno how you'd manage to make a normal game of 40k last 5 hours to begin with

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

"You don't have to play with higher points" is what you'll hear but the apocalypse stuff is now standard in the game. Everyone has giant robots and giant tanks.

I don't think any of that stuff still has really Apocalypse levels kinds of rules that it used to have, but they're also pretty expensive to take in normal games, too. The Stompa is 900 points before wargear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The Skeleton King posted:

I've been wondering if I should sell my Black Templars. I really only have them anymore because I painted them with my dad. I haven't played a game of 40k since 4th edition.

On the same note, does anyone know a relatively cheap tabletop game that doesn't take too much effort to get into? My dad and I have been wanting to get back into the hobby, but don't want to have to put as much time into collecting, assembling and painting as we did with 40k. I mean, assembly and stuff is cool, but I don't want as much hassle.

Infinity, Frostgrave, and Guild Ball are all good options.

• Locked thread