Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's the kind of match that seems like a political nightmare to book. Jeff Jarrett is a genius

Laredo Kid is definitely eating the pin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

it's the kind of match that seems like a political nightmare to book. Jeff Jarrett is a genius

Konnan bribes the ref, Drago eats the pin.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hell yeah

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

a 4 team tag match in that tiny shitbox ring is going to be an incredible clusterfuck

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

oatgan posted:

If he doesn't kill himself botching a spot first.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Gorgolflox posted:

Found a picture of Bram's X-Ray

carrying the Impact brand to infinity...and beyond!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DJExile posted:

a 4 team tag match in that tiny shitbox ring is going to be an incredible clusterfuck

That's the solution, nobody can get pinned when there is no space for anyone to lay down.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it probably going to be a great match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Full card:

*Bobby Lashley [TNA champ] (w/ Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal) vs. Alberto El Patron [GFW champ] (w/ Dos Caras) for the TNA & GFW heavyweight titles
*Scott Steiner & Josh Mathews vs. Joseph Park & Jeremy Borash
*EC3 vs. James Storm in a Strap Match
*Santana & Ortiz (LAX) [TNA and GFW champs] vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Taiji Ishimori vs. Drago & El Hijo del Fantasma vs. Laredo Kid & Garza Jr. for the TNA & GFW tag titles
*Rosemary [TNA champ] vs. Sienna [GFW champ] for the TNA & GFW women’s titles
*Sonjay Dutt [X champ] vs. Low Ki in a 2-of-3 Falls Match for the X Division title
*Davey Richards & Angelina Love vs. Eddie Edwards & Alisha in a Full Metal Mayhem Match
*Moose & DeAngelo Williams vs. Eli Drake & Chris Adonis

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

Full card:

*Bobby Lashley [TNA champ] (w/ Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal) vs. Alberto El Patron [GFW champ] (w/ Dos Caras) for the TNA & GFW heavyweight titles
*Scott Steiner & Josh Mathews vs. Joseph Park & Jeremy Borash
*EC3 vs. James Storm in a Strap Match
*Santana & Ortiz (LAX) [TNA and GFW champs] vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Taiji Ishimori vs. Drago & El Hijo del Fantasma vs. Laredo Kid & Garza Jr. for the TNA & GFW tag titles
*Sonjay Dutt [X champ] vs. Low Ki in a 2-of-3 Falls Match for the X Division title
*Davey Richards & Angelina Love vs. Eddie Edwards & Alisha in a Full Metal Mayhem Match
*Moose & DeAngelo Williams vs. Eli Drake & Chris Adonis

I can't wait to see Steiner shoot on Borash.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ahahaha how did I miss King mo coming back

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If TNA lasts three more years, there will be as many Slammiversarys as there are Starrcades.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
2 observations

1. That is a lot of tag matches
2. I am honestly not sure who is the worst wrestler in borash/park/Matthews/steiner

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

I was going to say that I could have sworn Christinia Von Eerie was the GFW Women's Champ. But I just checked and saw that she dropped it to Sienna, which makes no sense to me? I realize no one cares, but Eerie had the title for almost 2 years, why not have her beat a few jobbers before facing Rosemary and build up that she had held the title for so long. Instead she drops it to Sienna, whose just going to lose to Rosemary again anyway.

Meh, TNA.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Every GFW champ (except I think Sonjay Dutt on his first defense) held their belts for 2 years because there were never shows to defend it on because GFW was never real

Even the tag champ Bollywood Boys, who wound up going to WWE and vacating their belts for it

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

If TNA lasts three more years, there will be as many Slammiversarys as there are Starrcades.

"If"?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The bigger if is whether TNA manages to hold a Slammiversary every year of their endless existence.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Grado's Visa got sorted recently but Spud and Shera's is still up in the air/a race against time.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

2. I am honestly not sure who is the worst wrestler in borash/park/Matthews/steiner

Did they look at the never ending Cole/Lawler feud and say "We can make this shittier and last longer"?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did they look at the never ending Cole/Lawler feud and say "We can make this shittier and last longer"?

Take what WWE is doing but make it shittier and longer is the company motto

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Take what WWE is doing but make it shittier and longer is the company motto

Seriously this has been their strategy for over a decade now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I mean for christs sake they went and gave their own Indian Steroids

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

one of my favorite copycat moments was when they tried to do the Daniel Bryan storyline with Eric Young

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DJExile posted:

one of my favorite copycat moments was when they tried to do the Daniel Bryan storyline with Eric Young

Was this before, after, or during them doing the Eric Young is retarded gimmick

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

RZApublican posted:

gimmick?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

RZApublican posted:

After, I think. It gave us that amazing period where TNA claimed they invented beards and tried to sell hats with beard on them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who the heck is in LAX these days?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Who the heck is in LAX these days?

Konnan, Homicide, Ortiz, Santana, and Diamante (Angel Rose from indies)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Sadly not Hernandez

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

After, I think. It gave us that amazing period where TNA claimed they invented beards and tried to sell hats with beard on them.

Didn't they accuse wwe of ripping off their Eric young gimmick with Daniel Bryan lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Didn't they accuse wwe of ripping off their Eric young gimmick with Daniel Bryan lol

I think Dixie did, yeah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mon..._medium=twitter

quote:

Anthem Sports, the Canadian company that also owns the Fight Network, will rebrand its wrestling league as GFW and Nashville native Jeff Jarrett will helm the creative aspects of the promotion. Its staple weekly program on Pop TV will continue to be called “Impact.”

TNA, which was officially rebranded as Impact Wrestling, is now officially rebranded as GFW

Holy loving poo poo

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
e: beaten

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess you could say TNA... hashtag joined the force

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
That's a clever way to confuse their creditors.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We just need Jeff Jarrett, CEO of Global Force Gold

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
TNA is dead

long live GFW

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JULY GFW THREAD

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ain't he great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Someone should update the TNA thread tag to GFW. That's it. Keep the :psyduck: in.

• Locked thread