Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they actually pull the trigger and give GFW champ Del Rio the TNA World title too next month, I'd say he's had a better run there than in WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ironically even if Angle's in WWE for another 365 days he still won't have been in WWE (would be around 8.5 years total) for as long as he wound up being in TNA (almost 9.5 years)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am more amazed he didn't die

Yep!

Didn't think I could be more ":stare: what the gently caress" at anything he did after he signed with TNA literally a month after Vince told him "I genuinely think you'll die if you don't go to rehab right now, go or you're fired"

but uh, him going a year with a tumor in his neck and refusing surgery on it until it pressed on a nerve definitely was one of the more stunning things I've ever seen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris Masters' injury apparently isn't severe enough the match has been pulled
https://twitter.com/Michael_Fabiano/status/873245853145735169

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Last thread was the first one in a long time that didn't get even 10 pages

I think stuff will definitely hit 10 pages next month when GFW World Champ Del Rio becomes TNA World Champ Del Rio too, that's definitely the type of thing that'll bring the ratings

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren: Don West is coming back to commentary for Slammiversary :siren:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I must admit it is making me interested in seeing the live show, at least

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says they've also talked with Tenay about bringing him back for Slammiversary too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Scott Steiner cuts a promo on FaceTime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg28MS9li7E

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG-xk-2zrsE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another one gone

https://twitter.com/therealalsnow/status/876919074034298880

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I knew we couldn't go 2 full months without something amazing happening involving this company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/878263278178271233

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

but the LOLTNA lives on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my loving god it's Shaq

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Recap:

Jarrett creates TNA
Jarrett leaves TNA
Jarrett creates GFW
Jarrett goes back to TNA, which rebrands
Rebranded TNA buys GFW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah

He obviously came free, they could never pay multiple people at once

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Wilt Chamberlain famously claimed to have slept with 20,000 women throughout his life … but that ain’t nothing to Scott Steiner, because Big Poppa Pump claims to have slept with 15K in one year.

Steiner took part in a media conference call on Wednesday to promote Impact Wrestling‘s upcoming Slammiversary PPV and the 54-year-old covered a whole host of topics.

Editor-in-Chief Ryan Satin was on the call and chose to speak with Scott about one of the approved topics, “Freaks Around the World” — asking how many Steiner possesses.

That’s when the wrestler made a bold claim.

“Back in 1998-1999, I broke Wilt Chamberlain’s record with 15,000 women.” Adding, “I always thought that even though it’s not listed in the Book of World Records, I was a fan of Wilt Chamberlain and that was one world record I tried to break. In 1999, I broke it.”

For those doing the math, that would mean Steiner slept with about 41 women a day.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hell yeah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Full card:

*Bobby Lashley [TNA champ] (w/ Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal) vs. Alberto El Patron [GFW champ] (w/ Dos Caras) for the TNA & GFW heavyweight titles
*Scott Steiner & Josh Mathews vs. Joseph Park & Jeremy Borash
*EC3 vs. James Storm in a Strap Match
*Santana & Ortiz (LAX) [TNA and GFW champs] vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Taiji Ishimori vs. Drago & El Hijo del Fantasma vs. Laredo Kid & Garza Jr. for the TNA & GFW tag titles
*Rosemary [TNA champ] vs. Sienna [GFW champ] for the TNA & GFW women’s titles
*Sonjay Dutt [X champ] vs. Low Ki in a 2-of-3 Falls Match for the X Division title
*Davey Richards & Angelina Love vs. Eddie Edwards & Alisha in a Full Metal Mayhem Match
*Moose & DeAngelo Williams vs. Eli Drake & Chris Adonis

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If TNA lasts three more years, there will be as many Slammiversarys as there are Starrcades.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Every GFW champ (except I think Sonjay Dutt on his first defense) held their belts for 2 years because there were never shows to defend it on because GFW was never real

Even the tag champ Bollywood Boys, who wound up going to WWE and vacating their belts for it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Who the heck is in LAX these days?

Konnan, Homicide, Ortiz, Santana, and Diamante (Angel Rose from indies)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mon..._medium=twitter

quote:

Anthem Sports, the Canadian company that also owns the Fight Network, will rebrand its wrestling league as GFW and Nashville native Jeff Jarrett will helm the creative aspects of the promotion. Its staple weekly program on Pop TV will continue to be called “Impact.”

TNA, which was officially rebranded as Impact Wrestling, is now officially rebranded as GFW

Holy loving poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

no sir it's dead sir

• Locked thread