Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i absolutely hate ranch to the point where the smell makes me gag and im looking forward to participating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what im planning on doing to myself is going 2 be brutal

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

im looking forward to everyones pictures!!!

im just in the planning stage right now, i need to find out if ranch seasoning will dissolve in melted sugar

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

you should see the monstrosities in my freezer

never go home with a guy who tells you this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im thinking about some kind of deconstructed sloppy joe on a cool ranch crostini

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

from testing, if you bake ranch it doesnt crisp at all, and in fact kind of degenerates into gooey oil

would probably need to strain the solids through like cheesecloth and then add some extra oil to reduce its thickness but~~~

need to figure a good substance to mix with and work into a mozzarella style consistency, wash and roll in panko and u got ranchzarella stix that would bring a tear to the most hardened fieri

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

ok im drunk, my kitchen is destroyed, and i have people coming over to help me finish all the poo poo i made for courses 1 and 2 so i will have to do dessert tomorrow

its going to be the strangest thing ive ever cooked so ~~~~~

looks like some stiff compo but my meal is coming together in my head bit by bit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ok, im back from the store, got my shopping done, pepto's in the freezer, now all i gotta do is find my wire cutters..........

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my concept is that i want to produce three courses that accruately communicate my feelings about ranch to the diner. i will introduce the theme of each dish as it is presented to you.

the theme of first course is pain. i have plated a trio of ranch-dusted penny nails, a ranch-dipped chile japones and as a drink pairing, a shot glass - rimmed with crushed cool ranch doritos - of seagrams gin, with a single drop of blood.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

main course:

theme: in-edibility

this course includes hdmi cable gnocchetti served room temperature tossed lightly with a ranch balsamic vinagrette and locally-sourced microgreens, a ranch and egg yolk mock-egg, a blackened-tortilla "taquito" with ranch/sardine foam, topped with a fillet of sardine with mustard sauce

because i like you guys im gonna share my favorite forging location but do not absolutely DO NOT share this plz

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jazerus posted:

where's the fried orbs

did you skip duscats post

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

dessert:

theme, nausea

this one actually takes a bit of explaining. the lines of turbinado sugar and "spicy ranch seasoning" are meant to be insufflated into the sinus cavity, causing an immediate, intense, and lasting sense of pain and nausea. this is paired with a cube of pepto bismol gelatto, and a trifle with layered ranch, salsa, "sandwich spread" (i think its mayo mustard and relish, real vile stuff), and barbecue sauce, served with a cool ranch corn crisp ;) and another cube of the pepto

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

some real haute poo poo

the man would never let you serve nails as a course

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

everybody i've shown the photo with the cable has agreed they kinda want to eat that cable

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

i might do another round, esp if it'll get more people to join in

:getin:

same.

appetizer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

entre

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

dessert

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

drat this would be a good av

its up for grabs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

welp my water heater blew so things might get interesting

condolences, my hot water heater blew up on november 9 (really lol) and they had to destroy my kitchen counters to fix it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

luckily its out in the garage so i can kind of ignore it but lol

maybe i can get a fathers day deal on one

oh poo poo today is fathers day

• Locked thread