Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i have performed secret surveys of the palate of CSPAM, and i have calculated three special ingredients that truly embody the cuisine of this wonderful subforum. i have decided to challenge myself by producing a wonderful meal using these ingredients, and i welcome all of you to join me in this endeavor! the rules are:

1) there will be three secret ingredients, and you must use at least one secret ingredient in every dish. these ingredients' flavors should be emphasized in the dish, not hidden. celebrate them!!!
2) you must produce a three course meal. appetizer, main course, dessert. inventing an alcoholic refreshment to go along with the meal is a wonderful way to receive bonus points!!!
3) creativity is important, but so is edibility! there are starving kids in kansas that u should think about before wasting food in a dumb gag that you'll take a taste from and then throw out. make it tasty, then give us a trip report!!!
4) post your recipes!!! especially if its tasty, there is no greater joy in life than to share and be shared in return 🌹🌹🌹
5) im going to close the thread on the 18th at around midnight, so get your entries in! im going to try to get my presentation done in the next two days or so
6) remember this is the part of the dead gay comedy forum where shitposts go to have existential crises so try to have fun!!! also you wont win anything except the respect of your peers~~~~~~~

so with no more blabla, on to the show

your secret ingredients are:

:siren:RANCH DRESSING:siren:

:siren:RANCH SEASONING:siren:

:siren:COOL RANCH DORITOS:siren:

allez cuisine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
you got plenty of time, friendo! ive been thinking for a few days so i have a head start

i still need to pick some things up tomorrow but im v excited to see if the wackier ideas end up edible

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
nothing is mandatory friendo, if you can't think of something i'd def rather u share what u have than just quit because ~the rules~

gently caress the police

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Duscat posted:

e2: actually let me withdraw that, we're doing this poo poo old school, and if hidden valley ranch kills the dish, that dish deserves to die

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im looking forward to everyones pictures!!!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

im just in the planning stage right now, i need to find out if ranch seasoning will dissolve in melted sugar

you should see the monstrosities in my freezer

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
alrightttt did all my shopping so im going to be cooking all day tomorrow whooo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
this is going to be a loving circus in the kitchen so im actually doing up a cooking order lmao

also gently caress i bought dates and not figs

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bip Roberts posted:

I wonder if there's a way to get a heat stable ranch so you can replace the deep fry oil with ranch itself.

from testing, if you bake ranch it doesnt crisp at all, and in fact kind of degenerates into gooey oil

would probably need to strain the solids through like cheesecloth and then add some extra oil to reduce its thickness but~~~

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

it begins

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
oh my loving god these fritters might be one of the best things ive ever eaten

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
more (and better) pictures and a writeup coming after im done cooking but here's the more straightforward first course:

ranch sliders with partially hydrogenated dorito fritters and of course some cilantro-lime avocado ranch for dipping

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
for the sliders:

base is a pound of beef mixed with a whole ranch packet and half a diced onion, grilled into patties. veggies are a tomato and little lettuce squares both marinated for about half an hour in oil with about a tablespoon of ranch seasoning, also grilled (i like slightly charred lettuce gently caress you). added a cheese crisp made with 1 part ranch to 3 parts parmesan cheese (not super crispy but tasty) and some leftover bacon from...course 2. then the bun is a king hawaiian original, basted with like 2 tbsp of butter with half a tbsp of ranch and toasted so its got this ranch garlic bread feel, all stacked high

two tiny avocados, a fresh squeezed lime, about 2 tbsp cilantro, and a shitload of ranch made the dressing

the corn fritters are:

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup crushed doritos
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 (10 oz) package frozen corn

whisk dry, make a well, add the wet, just stir until its incorporated, then fry

and they are so light and airy while also having that tough crisp oh my god

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the purpose of course 1 is to ease you into the ranchtivities, while course 2 is more...acceptance

i present chicken and waffles(?) with a maple ranch glaze

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the chicken is normal three dip fried chicken, took a tenderloin and dipped it in ranch seasoned flour -> 3 eggs/half cup of milk -> crushed doritos

the waffle is actually...well...

first, i baked some wedged small red potatoes in ranch seasoning, oil, fresh thyme and sage, and half a diced onion for about 35 minutes until they were dark and toasty and delicious

then i roughly diced them and threw them in a bowl with 1/2 cup of ranch, 1 egg, 1/2 cup flour, and some diced bacon and stirred

then mashed into a waffle maker

the sauce is just literally 1 part ranch to 4 parts maple syrup and a bit of ground chipotle and is legit super tasty

mormonpartyboat fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 10, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
ok im drunk, my kitchen is destroyed, and i have people coming over to help me finish all the poo poo i made for courses 1 and 2 so i will have to do dessert tomorrow

its going to be the strangest thing ive ever cooked so ~~~~~

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Duscat posted:

e: just received hell's Sunday menu!

Tempura Mushrooms with Hot Ranch
Stuffed Poblanos and C-SPAMish Rice
Cornbread with Lime Ranch Butter
Deep Fried Jello, Game Store Flavor

im loving pumped

i dont even know what deep fried jello is

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
oh my

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
yum

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
course 3 is a-go

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
nothing says dessert quite like onions caramelizing into a brown goo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

because i can

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
it is done

franch toast stuffed with a savory filling with handmade ranch ice cream, topped with a dorito brown sugar butter crumble and drizzled with a a ranch-dark chocolate sauce

god have mercy on us all, this is delicious

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
so the ice cream is 1 cup heavy cream, 1/3rd cup ranch, 3/8ths cup of white sugar. i just poured it into a ziploc baggie and shook it up/massaged it to aerate it every half hour for about four hours before letting it rest

the dorito crumble is:
  14 tablespoons unsalted butter
  1/2 cup white sugar
  3/4 cup brown sugar
  2 cups crushed doritos
melt the butter, mix in the white sugar, mix in the rest until everything is moist, then smash it flat on parchment paper and throw it in the fridge for an hour. then bake it at 350 for ~30 mins and it'll be crumbly dry

chocolate sauce was 6oz of dark chocolate melted over a saucepan with about half a cup of heavy cream, a tbsp of sugar, and a quarter cup of ranch? mostly eyeballed the amounts and tweaked to taste

franch toast stuffing is an onion caramelized down to a brown goo, then a bunch of blackberries, dates, figs, bit of rosemary, a third a packet of ranch, a tbsp of sugar, and 2 tbsp of butter and that simmered until the liquid was gone, then i deglazed with like a half cup of port and let all that boil off so theres just a gooey fruity sweet and savory mess

i crammed that into some challah bread cut like two inches tall, dipped the tower in the normal 2 eggs, 1/3rd cup milk, and a third a pack of ranch seasoning, then pan fried to make french toast

then put it all on the plate

~~~~

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lmao

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im frankly astonished, what a good loving post

though

Duscat posted:

stuff them up but good

phrasing

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
god drat

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

The Glumslinger posted:

Ranch Meringue Cookies

i was really thinking about doing a ranch meringue pie but i dont have a mixer and i didnt want to try to whip it up by hand and then see it collapse since im dumb as poo poo when it comes to cooking science and i dont know how meringues work

but it sounds like there might be something there, though!! what might work would be pulling the ranch out of the meringue itself, then doing like a lemon tart cookie with a bit of lemon jam on it, with a smaller dollop of meringue so it cooks all the way through, and sprinkling that with a bit of ranch powder before throwing it in the oven??????

im loving intrigued by meringue cookies now, this thread is pure magic

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

main course:

theme: in-edibility

holy poo poo from the picture that gnocchetti legitimately looks delicious

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
you beautiful monster

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
more than half a half dozen fried orbs posted itt

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
some real haute poo poo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
senator i would gladly consume every one of those not knowing what they were

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
ya'll have been so beautiful i needed a nightcap

so i made myself a White Texan

2 oz kahlua, 1 oz bourbon, 1 oz heavy cream, 1/2 oz of ranch dressing

stirring was not working so i threw it in the shaker and it looks better even if i didnt want to change out glasses for a ~clean picture~

it's surprisingly pretty good!! with the cream, the ranch dressing is more like the vermouth of dairies, adding just a bit of spice and acidity

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

shrimp:

marinated in lime, scallions, thyme, coriander, chili, garlic, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, parsley, habanero pepper, and chili pepper

then they are dredged in flour and crushed cool ranch Doritos

a tomato flour roux was made with onion and orange bell peppers with fish stock to which the shrimp was reintroduced

more coming...

gently caress whwats the smiley for horny again

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
duscat there is a thing in hawaiian cooking called poi balls which is like one part sweet rice flour, one part poi, and 1/2 part sugar and you fry it and it is loving astonishing

im wondering if there is a way to make mountain dew pudding instead of mountain dew jello? or maybe adding more gelatin, then breaking up the jello, like putting it in a bag and then mashing it to give it a gooey consistency rather than firm consistency?

i really want to see fried mountain dew balls and i might try a few incredibly stupid things that might end with me dying to do so

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i might do another round, esp if it'll get more people to join in

:getin:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the poi balls are just the poi and flour (and sugar) mixed completely and you end up with a crispy outside and gooey inside kinda like in this lovely pic

might be easier to go for that kind of a thing than a battered orb of mountain dew

also reducing it sounds so horrific that i think it might be better than gelatin. reduce it to a third, where its almost a syrup, then add a bit of flour and sugar and go

i might need to buy a pot that i intend to destroy if im gonna do that tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

same.

appetizer

:yum:

• Locked thread