Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Three course meal

spaghetti, fettucini, and veal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Al! posted:

my concept is that i want to produce three courses that accruately communicate my feelings about ranch to the diner. i will introduce the theme of each dish as it is presented to you.

the theme of first course is pain. i have plated a trio of ranch-dusted penny nails, a ranch-dipped chile japones and as a drink pairing, a shot glass - rimmed with crushed cool ranch doritos - of seagrams gin, with a single drop of blood.

:eyepop:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Al! posted:

dessert:

theme, nausea

this one actually takes a bit of explaining. the lines of turbinado sugar and "spicy ranch seasoning" are meant to be insufflated into the sinus cavity, causing an immediate, intense, and lasting sense of pain and nausea. this is paired with a cube of pepto bismol gelatto, and a trifle with layered ranch, salsa, "sandwich spread" (i think its mayo mustard and relish, real vile stuff), and barbecue sauce, served with a cool ranch corn crisp ;) and another cube of the pepto

You're an artist.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Can you reduce mountain dew down a lot and use it like a syrup?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i don't see why not, but i've never tried it

I've had yuzu creme brulees before at a really nice japanese restaurant and they were excellent, I wonder if mountian dew creme brulee would be any good.

I'm making pots de creme/ creme brulee in my sous vide this week maybe i'll get a bottle of mountain dew and reduce it down and add it to one of them.

• Locked thread