Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

n/t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
why, who does it?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

every time i see a house on zillow with a tv in every room but absolutely nothing in the back yard i lol a little

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

why, who does it?

you, probably.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i live in central texas, where there is 0 need for fireplace. Yet half the homes here have one and a tv mounted right above it.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
for that authentic at home experience of sitting in the front row of a movie theater

pram
Jun 10, 2001
agree op you should be placing tasteful things on your mantle like classic marble busts or perhaps a trophy from a safari expedition

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

as a millennial I have so many trophies im considering getting a second fireplace

pram
Jun 10, 2001
10 ways millennials are killing tvs mounted on fireplaces

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
this wouldn't be happening if we'd kept using crts like god intended

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

this wouldn't be happening if we'd kept using crts like god intended

agreed

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

but people used to mount crts above fireplaces

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

OldAlias posted:

lol at this

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

center of screen and the tweeters on your l/r channel speakers should be at eye/ear hight, you can fudge a little on the center since perceptual effects will make it feel like it's coming out of the screen but an acoustically transparent projection screen would be ideal for a dedicated theater

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

OldAlias posted:

well yeah but it was harder to do so it wasn't as common. eg this garbage:

akadajet posted:

lol at this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

akadajet posted:

lol at this

:barf:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
a c/w bought an up/down motor with a remote on alibaba and built a trapdoor cabinet thing for this tv. its p neat

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i don't even use my fireplace, why should i let all that primo wall space go to waste??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my dad has a tv beside his wood stove

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol if oyu watch tv

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
lol if you own a tv

actually let me tell you about how i don't have a tv

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
so what about a tv mounted inside the fireplace :mrgw:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

why, who does it?

lots of fucktards

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

akadajet posted:

i live in central texas, where there is 0 need for fireplace. Yet half the homes here have one and a tv mounted right above it.

we have a fireplace here in phoenix. they probably envisioned never having to buy central heat but a furnace is like $200 so you might as well do it, plus there's so many no burn days during the winter you could never use the fireplace now

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"no burn days" means you cannot build a fire in a fire place, a pretty safe place for fire?

does this extend to gas ranges too, like shabbos but not quite?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Most people have crappy old inefficient fire places that put out a ton of smoke with tiny fires so yeah lots of areas have burn ban days for air quality

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

no burning wood

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
my fireplace leaks into my attic and i almost burned my house down, op

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

hifi posted:

no burning wood

my magnesium fireplace is still ok though right

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

does anyone have the picture of the mantle that broke off because it was fake wood styrofoam and smashed a big plasma on the floor

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

my magnesium fireplace is still ok though right

there's separate rules for burning trash, evaporating solvents, etc, where it's probably banned

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
how about hard drives and dvd-rs? cause i've got a lot of those that need to go, like, right now

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

does anyone have the picture of the mantle that broke off because it was fake wood styrofoam and smashed a big plasma on the floor

haven't seen that one, but the owners surely deserved it for trying to mount a tv there.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol indeed

and if you're an architect and design a fake fireplace into your plans, come up with some other ideas for a focal point you lazy gently caress.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 12, 2017

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

akadajet posted:

haven't seen that one, but the owners surely deserved it for trying to mount a tv there.

that's not a load-bearing decoration, dingus

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

that's the spicy content I crave

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

flakeloaf posted:

that's not a load-bearing decoration, dingus

i love this image, but for reasons other than the tv

its the most slap shod flip a house in 3 weeks bullshit. the loving fake stone tile, fake marble mantle held on with mortar and no anchors. it pleases me

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

load bearing paint

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

BiohazrD posted:

its the most slap shod flip a house in 3 weeks bullshit. the loving fake stone tile, fake marble mantle held on with mortar and no anchors. it pleases me

really tacky lazy boy too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

BiohazrD posted:

lmao this is so many houses in my city. they put in all this home depot poo poo and don't fix jack. we looked this this one that had a crack in the ceiling running from the front to back of the house

• Locked thread