Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

akadajet posted:

i live in central texas, where there is 0 need for fireplace. Yet half the homes here have one and a tv mounted right above it.

we have a fireplace here in phoenix. they probably envisioned never having to buy central heat but a furnace is like $200 so you might as well do it, plus there's so many no burn days during the winter you could never use the fireplace now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

no burning wood

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

my magnesium fireplace is still ok though right

there's separate rules for burning trash, evaporating solvents, etc, where it's probably banned

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

load bearing paint

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

BiohazrD posted:

i love this image, but for reasons other than the tv

its the most slap shod flip a house in 3 weeks bullshit. the loving fake stone tile, fake marble mantle held on with mortar and no anchors. it pleases me

really tacky lazy boy too

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it's a recliner and i dont see pink threads. i found a higher res one and the grout is this sandstone color which doesnt match anything

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

akadajet posted:

seems like every nerd i work with now collects studio monitor crts for their retro gaming whatever

yeah and they're like $500 thanks to the idiot rush for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not very well.

this reminds me of some kind of toilet

• Locked thread