Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive used it a bit and its genuinely not bad for exactly that use. It has an autotracking feature that tries to focus on faces but doesnt work right for groups, but you can just turn that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive gotten decent value from it, but its chock full of trash like De Blob 2 and Resident Evil 0.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

You have been given a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct.

- FIFA

The best implementation of the microphone, yes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

univbee posted:

I'm actually surprised other companies haven't gone into it like EA have.

Other than Bungie with Destiny at least. :v:

Microsoft launched a service for this already, although obviously ubi and other massive publishers arent part of it its still a real good value.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

The Xbox Game Pass looks like it has a completely garbage selection, EA's has more stuff that's interesting to me at 1/4 the cost. What am I missing?

Im enjoying it, but like, its not top of the line content but its a solid breadth of titles. Id never buy Mad Max or Metal Slug XX but Ive enjoyed both through it. If youre eyeing it ror specific games you should jusy buy though, obviously.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Congratulations to Ryse: Son of Rome for being the worst current gen game I've played

Get you some Lococycle

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zune and ZuneHD were fantastic devices. Shame about like, everything else.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Instant Sunrise posted:

It's coming "later this year."

The only confirmed games are Fuzion Frenzy and Crimson Skies.

(though i'm still holding out for drake of the 99 dragons.)

You will somehow, inexplicable get Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pokemon OH SNAP! posted:

Protect Me Knight is a top 10 360 game and not available in any other form. There's a sequel on 3DS but it's not as good.

100% Agreed. I played a crapload of it when it came out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dreamcast wire, why do you haunt me?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dunno, given tbe length of time before you can do things does build a certain sense of dread

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently the windows store is complete garbage is its overseen by the head of the Windows department who doesnt give much of a poo poo. Phil getting promoted and gaming being its own division means its possible things like that will get unfucked*.

*They absolutely wont.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hell yeah, we can play the worst Red Faction game in a franchise with some mindboggingly bad ports and a N-Gage title.

Fusion Frenzy remains great but what we really need is the greatest sports game of all time, Death Throw.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Prince of Persia is gonna be rough going back to because its entire genre is just completely dead and has been for more than a console generation. It doesnt help that as the game progresses it becomes a mixture of terrible fights and platforming sequences that are basically QTEs without onscreen prompts.

Hope they bring back that failed Cowboy Vampire FPS or Pariah, first of the many failed Halo-Killers so we can all look back and enjoy just how tremendously far FPS gameplay gas evolved.

Edit: Red Faction Armegeddon is a nothing burger of a third person shooter. Red Faction two is a beige brown smear of empty, confusing level design and bullet sponge enemies.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please do not forget Batman: Rise of Sin-Tzu which a friend of mine got paid under the table to review by a long defunct website.

Or whatever that Chinese futuristic fantasy game was with the sprawling, empty infinite levels of boredom.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zachack posted:

This isn't really a hot take, though, the game is an excuse to plug the controller in like a giant, hideously overpriced Playmobil play set. The game itself was kinda ok for its time, not great, and bad now. And the online version was completely broken.

I remember the online sequel being decent.

And everyone remembers it too because the eject button actually means something in that mech game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is somebody poo poo talking MechAssault up in this thread? It's not MechWarrior but an arcade racer isn't a simulator.

I hope Breakdown ends up working so people can finally play it instead of just hearing it get hyped for its ahead of its time details and touches only to find out a reason not many people really liked it for gameplay is because it is extremely unforgiving at certain junctures.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Maneki Neko posted:

Some decent stuff hitting Game Pass in November (does stuff actually disappear? I haven't noticed):

I believe when it was launched it was "nothing will disappear from the service before November" so now that that threshold is met stuff may start rotating out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Someone, and it really frankly doesnt matter who, should buy Capcom and put them out of their misery.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Does it do it for any good games, or just Microsoft published stuff?

Q: Is Ninja Gaiden Black a good game?

Answer: No, because the camera is an abomination unto the digital gods

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Destiny 2 balancing for PvP made PVE less fun, there isnt really any content after the story other than the Raid and the lust of watching numbers gently go up, PvP is E-Sports so its trash to actually play. I bought it, did my time, realized the raid didnt even have a lot of shooting and was mostly puzzles, and will never play it again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you have an unhealthy passion for Panzer Dragoon and cant wait for Orta to be bc, crimson dragon exists.

Gears of war 4 aint bad and has some much appreciated updates to the formula even if they arent consitently present.

Ryse is great if you get it free.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 12, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nullsmack posted:

Have they said anything about any more OG xbox titles coming to backward compatibility?

They will release a new title once a single customer buys and successfully beats Dead to Rights.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Otogi 1+2, Breakdown, Death Throw, Mechassault 1+2, JSRF, and Panzer Dragoon Orta are basically all you really need on BC that we dont have.

Instead you all will get Bloodwake and Sudeki and that chinese future past brawler with vast, empty levels whose name I cant remember.

Edit: And somehow Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I loving loved Advent Rising so much. I hope it holds up if it becomes available.

Tommy Tallarico, is that you?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum Breka is an impressive accomplishment in the world of gameplay padding and should be recognized for its achievements in the field. The amount of times you akwardly travel through the same areas with only slight variations in the level decor, often handicapped to only be able to walk, is a work of genius.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is monster hunter a game that a person who’s never played the series would be in to? I’ve watched a bit of it and it seems to be in a world of its own. A few things stand out that make me hesitate to try it. There are a ton of menus and a lot of things to learn, the clipping of the monsters through both your character and the ground makes it seem a bit cheap, and it looks like the fights are trying to be dark souls but just aren’t nearly as complex.

Does the idea of grinding through ancient mechanics that dozens of games have improved upon since to kill larger creatures with 4 other human players sound like the negatives outweigh the positives

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rime is teling your grandma you want Kung Fun Panda for christmas but she gets you Karate Panda Hero instead, except with Ico

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lords of the fallen is 80% off and only $6. Is it any good?

To reiterate: No

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I actually dug Gears 4 singleplayer more than some of the other titles in the franchise because the new enemy type was a good mixup on the gears formula without being a “play the game completey differently” issue lots of new enemy types are and there were some neat level designs, especially the “fight in a city being built”.

Real shame about the second half through the final boss.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, the both better and worse version of Conker is released on the Bone.

But seriously despite everyone saying Breakdown is an experience almost no one will buy it much less finish it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

univbee posted:

Also no Metal Wolf Chaos or Shenmue II, loving get it together Microsoft

Metal Wolf Chaos better be an E3 reveal.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Is blinx any good or is it like voodoo vince tier who cares type game

Its got a cute protagonist, an interesting gimmick, and such bafflingly bad game design from how you interact with the gimmick to the art assets to the level layout that you'd be hard pressed to guess how this came together as a finished product.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im buying Panzer Dragoon even though ill likely not play it since theres no way i have the time and patience to unlock everything again but i can pretend I will.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

After you finish the campaign, there is a bonus level you can do that resets over and over again. Leave this running and all content will unlock after 20 hours of gameplay.

I know, but after beating the campaign like 30 times already in my life Ill probably not even finish that.

Nah, Ill beat it again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It had an eventual crash issue if I remember right but like it was morrowind and my PC sure as hell couldnt run it.

Then after like 180 hours in it I realized I didnt really like it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

How did that kotor2 missing content turn out? I heard they put it back into the steam version

Its real bad. It gives you some funny dialog but it slows down the narrative for no appreciable reason and is a lovely dungeon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ghostinmyshell posted:

So why is Breakdown considered good again? I made it to the first couple of soldiers and died horribly.

I love PDO and Conker on the X.

Breakdown is a narratively fascinating game that does tons of neat tricks with its story and gameplay elements that were unheard of at the time.

Its also abusively difficult at the start with the hardest sections of the game being the start, with an excruciatingly badly designed encounter early on that does not telegraph what youre supposed to do on a timelimit and with enemies interrupting you.

Then later you become a loving god of destruction and thats super rad up until a final combat challenge 95% through the game that stonewalled the majority of people who perservered.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Black is a game that desires far more hardware power than it had and instead of living with that limitation instead decides to be a bad game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

You forgot the lack of quality first party games!

But Crimson Skies came out?