Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Checking in to say RDR2 runs amazingly well in the One X. Gorgeous looking game, even just rolling around in mud is fun and great to look at.

I wish it had a free camera mode like a few other titles. At least the cinematic mode is nice.

Install took an hour or so from the 2 discs. Disc swap at 56% and then back to game disc/disc 1 at 99% to launch it.

Patch was 3.6GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Never did play gtav re-release. I only picked up an X bone x last week specifically for rdr2.

But i used it to clear out one camp of enemies just before, worked really well even taking cover behind trees you can lean out and shoot seamlessly.

Running up to enemies to do the close quarters one shot kill looks great in first person too.

First person horse riding is cool as hell.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Borderlands but stealing the Stanley Parable narrator

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

ufarn posted:

They had a "New Studio Acquisitions" bit at the end of their presentation schedule, hopefully that will show something new.

It'll just be "we bought obsidian! no news on what they're making just yet but we bought them so watch out for the announcement in *checks notes* may 2019"

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
We know about Obsidian but buying inXile means they can reform Black Isle Studios!

Wasteland 3 has already been crowdfunded and is in development, it comes out sometime next year. So I guess MS will give them a funding boost for all dialog to be recorded as audio and other improvements while for console it'll be an xbone exclusive.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Or even just announcing the next Games with Gold titles next month ahead of time.

They confirmed mouse and keyboard support but didn't even tease Age of Empires which could now come to xbone in the future.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A new xbox one?

The fourth Xbox One console...

Is removing a disk going to save them millions in manufacturing costs? WHy bother when the console will be replaced in 2020... surely they have a ton of stock left for Xbone OG, Xbone S and Xbone X.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Tomb Raider reboot is all made worthwhile when Lara emerges from a pool of blood dripping wet and goes all predator on everyone in the final act and then finds a machine gun and turns into rambo and it loving owns.

:black101:

The second game is alright I guess. Haven't played the third yet.

I don't think the new movie did too well but I wouldn't mind a sequel to that.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
But it has been summer for an entire week now.

Silly microsoft.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I bought both asscreed origins and oddesy cheap last month. Playig through origins now and it looks great on the X.

You can skip a lot of side missions by mainlining the story/main quests if you don't want to spend 30-40+ hours ingame trying to 100% it.

Neat setting and hunting hippos never gets old.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Keyboard for Age of Empires 4 Xbone/Win10 crossplay

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Both better than CodWW2

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i was at 1% for both gamerscore and achievements :smuggo:

in fact i'm very rapidly running out of achievements to even get in the games i own since i am a broke college student who can't afford to buy any games right now. gotta squeeze that value out of what i got.

Gamepass is currently $1.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
GTA 5 is 15bux for today only, physical or digital.

https://www.polygon.com/deals/2018/12/19/18147007/grand-theft-auto-5-amazon-twitch-prime-dotd

Free if you have twitch prime as you'll get $15 cashback.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Mahoning posted:

I like Star Wars. Is the $7.50 they’re currently charging for Battlefront II even worth it? I’ve heard horror stories but I don’t know whether to think it’s about people lashing out at EA for being lovely or legitimate complaints about the game. For the record, I don’t like online/multiplayer games. So if there’s nothing to the single player, it would be a waste of the $7.50 if anything.

If you pay 6 a month for EA access you can download it for 'free' and play the singleplayer and be done with it. Then download a few other games too like unraveled, burnout paradise remastered or battlefield 1 and whatever else they have on there.

For 7 bux the SP is fun and entertaining in regards to lore/starwars story. It is basically a cheap starwars movie you get to play, with likeable characters.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1088481741210247168?s=19

C&C3: Kanes Wrath isn't working just yet, only the mappack for it is purchaseable.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Apex Legends is good and free (but you need to buy xbox live gold to play online games)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Crackdown 3 costs $1 for ganespass dont get mad, you can play a dozen other games after you finish it.

But lol if you bought a direct to gamepass game instore for $60.

Also, metro owns.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Song licensing maybe? Can't be bothered paying for the rights again when it won't sell heaps.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/keithjn_/status/1205348585715490816?s=19

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Here is a fanmade comparison with an XboneX. It is a tiny bit oversized because the new controllers are smaller (what they used for measurements)

Chonky boi.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Ordered a series x monday night (11pm) arrived today (wed) 10am. Quick turnaround.

Got it off the microsoft marketplace on the xbox, so if you've got an existing console, open the marketplace, search for series x (because it'll probably only show one x and series s on the marketplace as in stock) and just keep hammering A until it finally adds to your basket, took about 15 mins for me, now and again i'd see the 'out of stock text' vanish over the icon but i'd still get an error, so just keep trying to add it to your basket.

Then when it is in your basket, keep hammering a or x to check out, eventually you'll get the checkout screen, hit next and you have yourself a new xbox series x, despite the microsoft website saying they are not in stock.

(Australia btw)

A few other people have managed to buy it this way as well, read about it on another forum.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Horizon 3 is great

If only it had the graphics of 4.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
bill gates reverses decision

xbox wins again

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

kecske posted:

American History Xbox

New thread title

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Starfield not coming to Playstation, given their logo isn't in the leaked trailer.

I guess we'll see Perfect Dark gameplay and announce a release for next year? New Wolfenstien announcement?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
topgun flight simulator

cue the kenny loggins

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

ZeeBoi posted:

Halo releases at 1 pm on the east coast and no preload in sight. lmao

i've downloaded 28gb of Halo Infinite (Campaign) from the gamepass mobile app (or gamepass windows application too i guess?) which i assume is the bare bones initial campaign stuff and it'll download the rest in the background as you play the first few missions before the open world stuff starts.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I just want MS to release the 7 studios they have only working on call of duty and allow Raven to make a new Soldier of Fortune

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Goldeneye was the last time Millennials were happy

Go to a friend's place, go to blockbuster and grab a movie, watch it and then stay up all night playing Goldeneye.

Then 9/11 happened and the world went to poo poo and we had to grow up.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I went to the Melbourne event (3am start time) and watched videos playing in VLC with others.

But I got an Xbox beanie and dressing gown, free breakfast and mocktails (made with V)

They gave out a few controllers and codes for the design lab controllers which just launched in Australia the other day so that's pretty for those who won, saves ya $150 Bux.

Larry Hyrb gave away a custom stranger things series s console and pelican case which is neat.

Rather low key event, it's being held at a lab cafe/bar/tavern/eSports centre in the city so everyone is chilling out playing halo and rocket league or boardgames.

No Goldeneye though :(

Xburger

drunkill fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 12, 2022

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
New halo game looks fun

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

SUNKOS posted:

Lot of great stuff shown. Forza Motorsport looks phenomenal

I am so glad they showcased everything on a new version of Maple Valley. They've clearly been spending the past five years well because it looks jaw-dropping. I really hope we get a good track list this time and they embrace fictional circuits more again because drat :stare:

Aren't turn10 also doing the next fable game using the forza engine? If so the environment is going to look great if that motorsport trailer is anything to go by.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Space Jam posted:

white house press secretary

Bit late, Trump's brother Fred who was on the board of directors of Zenimax died (which allowed Microsoft to buy Bethesda, he was against it) so Todd's path to the White house has already closed.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
the xbox is here!

Oh, richard ayoade, for... fable?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Payday 3, click more cops

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
gently caress yes

firefighting in flightsim!

goty

missions and challenges!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
dunc

edit: dunc in flightsim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Combat Pretzel posted:

Hope the Dune planet has one or two regular runways to fly normal planes across it.

it'll be the dunc ornithoper added to the game, so fly it around earth, like them adding the pelican from halo last year