Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
You actually have to go in and download the Games with Gold for them to be on your account, they don't just get automatically added if you have gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Chris Christie posted:

I now own 11 XBOX One Games with 2 more on the way and I still won't have my XBOX ONE X for another couple of months.

How are you going to hide all those discs from your wife? :ohdear:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

The app is trash, especially for browsing playlists, but it's hard to argue with integrated cloud storage for stuff they don't have, and bonus Better YouTube.

I unironically love my ZuneHD and wish things had turned out differently.

I had a Zune 80 and it owned bones until the hard disk in it poo poo the bed after like 8 years. The pack-in earbuds with the little magnet that made the stick together was slick as well. I had a friend that bought a Zune 8 though and he went through 3 of them before he had one that worked properly.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

How bad is internet data capping in the states that you have to worry about downloads? I mean the best I can get in my small Canadian town is 50/5, but I've never gotten a call about downloading 1 too many video games.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Exclusives are loving stupid, make games available on every platform. Full video game communism now.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

People should stop walking into GameStop

lmao if you aren't buying all your videos from the couch covered in a thin layer of cheetos dust

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The xboxox finally sold out to Amazon Prime :canada: members today, that took a while.

I'm amazed all 11 Canadian Amazon Prime members pre-ordered xboxnxes

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

What you guys sell a launch 500gb Xbone for with the Kinect(lol) and a controller for? In Canadian dollars.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Okay some dude offered me $200 for it so I'm taking that now. How does game licenses work? I bought a bunch of games on that XBox and I have an S's that came with my TV. Everything is still on my account right?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

Spencer says Microsoft will be focusing on Xbone exclusives going forward by creating or buying studios. I'm sure this will be cool when it comes to fruition in 7-10 years

I can't wait for Microsoft to buy like 20 game studios and close them all before they release anything

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I don't understand why Microsoft gave up on the strategy of paying everyone for exclusives which seemed to make the 360 massively successful.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Does it surprise you guys that high-res patches are like 60gb patches? lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm just tired of playing Destiny 1 to even care about buying Destiny 2 which is pretty much more of the same with more polish

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Is Fortnite supposed to be a big deal? A friend came over this weekend and showed me it and it plays like an iOS pay-to-win game, it's loving awful

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I didn't even play the Battle Royale mode, but if it has the same shooty mechanics as the "Build a lovely wall, push a button and shoot zombies for 2 minutes" mode it would be loving awful

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Healbot posted:

Layla is the lass who's getting her groove on in the mobile animus. Desmond is dead after saving the earth from a catastrophe (that, as it turns out, is still bound to happen eventually lol nothing matters).

Is that really where the story is going? I haven't played AC since Black Flag, but dragging out a modern-day disaster to keep giving people reasons to climb into magic memory machines is the dumbest poo poo.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The year is 2022, all video games are just loot box opening simulators

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You used to be able to just make live accounts with different addresses and just have them all on the same account and switch whenever. I used that on my 360 to get Japanese and American exclusive content all the time.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The original trilogy of Halo had a decent story, the issue was is you to completely immerse your self in every hidden terminal message, novel and blog post Bungie put out to understand it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

They should have kept Indie Games and Xbox Arcade and just let game pass let you play all those games.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Finster Dexter posted:

But that would require deals with indie devs.

They could have easily done like a broad "every time someone plays your game for the first time in a day you get 3 cents" or something similar to a Spotify-like agreement

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Crossbar or whatever Sony calls their UI should have been dumped years ago.

I’ve really been enjoying the Spotify app on the Xbox, controlling it with my phone is cool and I don’t feel as pressured to upgrade my home theatre amp to one with Spotify anymore.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is the last good Rare game

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

bango skank posted:

yeah i made some calls and I'm heading out to get an official microsoft brick from a local store, hopefully it dies in the next 30 days if it ends up being a lemon.

Repackage your old brick in the packaging the new one comes in and return it saying you didn't need it

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Unpopular Opinion: All GTA games are fun in their own ways

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I wish they would do the thing that they are always on the brink of and just make the Xbox a full HTPC/Game System and give it a sort of stripped down version of Windows. Also get rid of physical media already.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Allowing people to take their purchased digital collections into the next gen would be a pretty cool thing in my opinion.

Also just add a built in microphone either in the console or in the controllers and let me use the Kinect voice commands again. That was the only good part of the Kinect.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The PSPGo owned and UMD was a failure as a mobile format

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

Found a copy of Blitz The League for the original Xbox that's probably been in my car trunk for seven years, so that's cool.

Better than Blitz 2 just because it doesn't have the awful prison football sequence

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Diabetic posted:

Microsoft announced officially the Xbox All Access:

https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/27/xbox-all-access-is-real-and-a-great-deal/

You can go to a Microsoft store, get a One X or One S for 35/25 a month for two years, which gives you Xbox Live, and the Game Pass. After paying for 2 years, you own the console.

I feel stupid for even buying one of the original Xbones because this deal seems a helluva lot better than paying all poo poo up front.

If you are getting Gold and Game Pass anyways this is actually a good deal? What's the catch?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Most of the good parts of the Halo story is behind all the EU novels and movies and poo poo they put out

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Monday_ posted:

Apparently Microsoft is buying Obsidian.

https://kotaku.com/sources-microsoft-is-close-to-buying-obsidian-1829614135

Please don't force them to churn out yearly Fable sequels.

Make them develop Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts 2: The Nuttening

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Too Human was loving garbage

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Hot Take: All video game stories suck and games should be judged on gameplay alone

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Fallout 76 looks bad as hell

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

berzerkmonkey posted:

Bad as in bad, or bad as in good? I'm not a MMO kind of guy, and have no desire to play anything that isn't single player.

Like bad bad. I'm not huge into MMOs anymore either, but just in general it looks like Bethesda just developed some survival game and decided it wasn't good enough and slapped Fallout on it to sell copies.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Beastie posted:

Be advised the first 2 hours are super slow in RDR2.

It gets better but it’s not how I wanted to spend the first night.

This is every Rockstar game, they need to make sure you understand how to shoot guns, drive cars/carriages, use the barbershops/gyms/restaurants and play the bowling mini-game or whatever

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

univbee posted:

IIRC they can be used but only if your Game Pass/Gold are actually expired, they won't work while they're active.

Also I think Gold codes of less than a month tend to be a more limited version of Gold, like it gives you the ability to play online but not the ability to buy stuff discounted, stuff like that.

If it still works the same, the one month free Gold codes stack. When I worked back at EB Games years ago they came in GTA4 and most people didn't use it so when they traded in the game I swiped the code thing. I ended up with like 4 free years go Gold.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I really liked the first iteration of the NXE with the Mini-blade popup when you used the home button in-game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Can I SLI multiple Xbox One S' together