Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

RBA Starblade posted:

I know this is the bone thread but it sort of counts, does the Windows 10 store ever have sales? I expected one at E3 like Sony but only saw Gears of War for 30 bucks.

They had a big spring sale back in April, but yeah they're pretty rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Recore is supposedly getting a goty (lol) edition which may flesh out the sp campaign

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Says on their site specifically that the 4k logo will be native, checkerboard or dynamic:

https://news.xbox.com/2017/06/11/new-packaging-icons-xbox/

Either way it's going to best the best place by far to play multiplats this XMAS, if the massive differences in tomb raider is anything to go by. Especially with RDR2 in the horizon as well

Tried moving to PC for my play anywhere games and while all of them perform way better on my 1060, I still find myself going back to the bone for the ease of groups, the LFG system, the easy to use UI, etc. I guess i'm just becoming too casual / lazy

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

univbee posted:

Welp, according to Digital Foundry, Quantum Break on the Xbox One X is 1440p upscaled, and targeting but currently not consistently hitting 30fps.

If this is the only "negative" news you can find about the Xbox One X to earn that Sony paycheque I feel sorry for you man. Hey, at least it's getting some love which is more than I can say for Bloodborne, etc.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

I think he meant Bloodborne got no love via a pro patch which is true and sucks. Not that Quantum Break is more popular than Bloodborne.

Yea that's what I meant. And for the record QB does suck

For those with the youngins, the big minecraft update launched today, although it seems like it's made some changes most people aren't happy with

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/better-together-update-here

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Sep 21, 2017

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Guess whos back

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/21/16345334/the-duke-xbox-controller-release-date-price

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I bought a bone and destiny 2 so im gonna bookmark this thread

Lol why would you do that, its like the worst version (game and the thread)

Get around path of exile imo

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
30 posts and no ENELOOPs comment yet?

jfc, get some eneloops they will change your life I can guarantee everyone has something in their house that still uses batteries (if not check with your wife she certainly will)

Also friendly reminder Cuphead also come out in 2 days finally make sure your battery of choice is charged

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I find it funny being on the upside down side of the world (Australia) where the situation is the opposite. We used to have strict on-peak and off-peak quotas as well as a "freezone" (some ISPs would offer steam / xbox / apple downloads quota free). and now we can get an unlimited service from whatever provider you want wherever you are and it will be 25Mbit guaranteed (from 2020 onwards).

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-shadow-of-war-xbox-one-x-one-version-to-rule-them-all

quote:

As thing stand, Shadow of War gives us a prime, early example of why Microsoft targeted Xbox One X's specific specs. The sense is that a higher pixel count alone isn't enough; more importantly, this console has the extra memory resources to give those pixels more to show off - better textures, and improved LODs, for example. Additional visual options such as the ability to toggle dynamic resolution scaling are also welcome. Those who want their true 4K can have it, while those looking for more consistent performance are also catered for.

It's the radically improved art that most obviously sets Xbox One X apart from PS4 Pro, but Monolith's approach to 4K textures likely won't apply to every game. At the start of the generation, 8GB of GDDR5 seemed almost overkill - a mammoth 16x increase over last-gen. That's still a hefty chunk of memory to work with and as such, the difference in other titles may not be so pronounced. However, based on the evidence presented by Shadow of War and Rise of the Tomb Raider in particular, it's possible that Xbox One X's 12GB provision is a good case of forward-thinking on Microsoft's part. We'll report back on final code just as soon as we can.

xbox finally has the right ram???????

Interesting that there is a toggle if you don't care about FPS either and just want pure 4K, can't think of anyone who would want that

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

codo27 posted:

I wanna use gfs Xbone to stream music off my NAS. Groove seems as big a piece of garbage as ever, is there any way to do this?

Tried VLC?

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Xbox said a few months ago they are not currently making any vr but you can do the worthless theater mode by hooking up your xbox to your oculus enabled pc.

Based on statements, ms seems intent on racing to compete in the stand alone vr/ar headset market that apple/google are also vying for and sees sonys dominance of gaming vr as small potatoes, or at least not worth paying to challenge.

VR will always be trash on consoles, since it needs 2x the power to run the same game, PC will probs be where it's always at. TBH i'm looking forward to when whoever releases a decent AR headset to play boardgames with fog of war and the elimination of setting up the board and all the pieces, poo poo even might try a AR d&d campaign

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Theres a custom windows store app called mytube i think that you can dl on the xbone, works a lot better i hear

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Some actual sea of thieves content (finally)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9hJNfMa5M

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Enjoying the woofenstein on the tv more

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/16/16897402/microsoft-xbox-elite-controller-update-design-features-rumors

Hopefully see this bad boy at E3 this year

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Yep some people are so mad at this console they can't just stay away from this thread and have to post in it.

Dunno if this got posted, but there's going to be another MCC patch lol (hopefully with X enhancements as well)

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update

Also Halo Wars 2 has made its way to game pass as well, they should really put MCC on there as well

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/959123262985814016

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Ether Frenzy posted:

I played Horizon Zero Dawn and while it was okay and I don't ever play vidja for cutscenes or stories and in fact disdain the wasting of development time on mediocre storytelling, the voiceacting was lmao terrible and Redhead Woman (omg how progressive, a ging AND not a naked female?? on a Sony Waifustation game??? bring back the glory Sony days of Pinkhair Jiggle Titty Volleyball, thank YOU) Protagonist reading lines was possibly more stiff, wooden and garbagio than the control in PUBG on Xbox (not available on exclusive-leading console, the PS4)

Yeah I couldn't get into HZD at all. I don't get all the hype over it, I did play it after finishing MH:W though so that probably tainted my experience a bit.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

You know this is the most activity this thread has seen in a long time.

Because of old games.

Speaking of old games... looks like MCC is coming to game pass

https://www.econotimes.com/Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Coming-To-Xbox-Game-Pass-1254548

Wouldn't MCC be bargain bin price by now anyway?

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

What are the odds they are delaying it again so they can put in a BR mode?

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I've been enjoying this which is not on any other console atm:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/17/17702466/graveyard-keeper-farming-sim-pc-xbox-one

Do kinda wish it was on switch tho

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
What are the odds that people who are complaining about the price and value are the same people who are double dipping and paying $20 more for indies on their switch because "it's portable!"

Game however ya want idiots, this is pale in comparision to other ways gamers waste their money

I said come in! posted:

Don't be stupid with your money, if you can't afford this package in its entirety up front then you don't want to get it. There are literally people in this thread saying they are hurting for money right now but that they will do this 2 year contract with Microsoft asap and that is incredibly stupid.

I said come in! posted:

Yikes at people defending this and thinking it's a great deal that works out in their favor. There's always fine print and catch 22 to this that is hidden away. 2 year contracts with phones are always predatory and just a lease/loan on the phone, this is not going to be any different.

I said come in! posted:

Unironically want to buy Skyrim on Switch to be honest. I have the PC release that I last played in the first year the game came out, I never bought any of the DLC.

lmao

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 30, 2018

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Nice blantant console warrioring, jesus christ you guys are sadbrains still 5 years on

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
For peole with slow UIs try changing your dns servers in the network settings to googles:

I've seen that fix issues before especially if your isp sucks

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Bunch of boomers itt

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

univbee posted:

drat. How are things with Australian ISPs now anyway? Is it still expensive/impossible to get unlimited data on a physical line for most of the country? Do they still do the thing where specific services have local servers and these are unmetered?

Not really, with NBN pretty much every ISP now offers unlimited data for copper/cable/fiber and fixed wireless services, although they now measure speeds in "typical evening speed" instead of getting what you sync at (i.e. you buy a 50mbit service with a typical evening speed of 40mbits). NBN also has an Australia wide 25Mbit Satellite service (which does have data caps) for the people in the middle of nowhere, and it has been used for the bushfires in setting up quick Internet access which is neat as:

https://twitter.com/NBN_Australia/status/1216570221026136066

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

American McGay posted:

Sony finally getting on that "exclusives are bad for business" bandwagon.

Conveniently timed with Stadia getting onto it lmao

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/16/21068913/google-stadia-120-games-2020-10-exclusives-4k-controller

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Re: Gamepass

Outer Wilds is also a gamepass must play
Outer World not so much, but still alright

Doom, Void Bastards, Ori, Forza Horizons 4 are all also good

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Fair but the whole point of the xbox sdk was to make it seamless to port these games

Instead we are left with a bunch of unsatisfying possible situations

Minecraft Dungeons not being crossplay/save on release is also another bummer. Would have been the perfect game to play on the bone at home and move across to the switch on the go.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
If you're in a supported country, you can also get on the ms rewards system and redeem that poo poo for a free month or gamepass when a game comes out you wanna play. Xbox rewards app has monthly rolling goals to get points for unlocking cheevos or playing certain games so its pretty easy to stock up some points.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Holy crap this is way better than the PS5 backwards compat strategy. "thats nice" indeed

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Yeah gamers were perfectly happy and didn't make any complaints about having to play new games on the epic games launcher, no care about their steam library at all

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
gamegear smol
xbox hueg

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Rocket League wouldn't have got the massive spike it did if it didn't initially come out as a free PSPlus game

Word of mouth is a massive seller

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Would be awesome if they could bring xcloud to the switch so you can go portable that way instead of having to lug around a controller and laptop/phone. Fat chance of that happening though

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

We had a contractor for 343 years ago in the old bone threads but he got banned for making a racist console war meme about slave ships that i dont fully remember.

Anim8 from what I remember, and I thought he died of shame after the MCC release

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

There’s a surprisingly insightful article on Polygon of all places that suggests that MS is aiming at the Netflix model. Sony’s making these huge elaborate and expensive blockbusters, but with MS pushing game pass all the time, they want to be the “Netflix of games”, which means they have a shitload of okay games that you play because why not, you’ve paid for this poo poo already.

Was another good article/interview from Phil on them on this as well which I can't find where they were saying we should see developers taking larger creative risks as they don't need to be driven by a retail sales model anymore.

Sea of Thieves is kind of an example like that, where normally it would have just been a complete retail flop and been a massive profit loss, but with all the extra work they put into it afterwards and the increased player base from what it has probably(?) turned around. I personally just got started on no mans sky as well now it's "fixed" since it's on GP whereas I probably wouldn't have ever bothered purchasing it as a standalone game.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 24, 2020

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I still run into people with a gaming pc who do not know what steam is.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Anecdote since i don't play fps on PC, but I've heard a bunch of complaints about smurfs/hackers/etc that can make your multiplayer experience poo poo

For the aussie gamers, the cesspool that is whirlpool has a reasonable xbox community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Don't forget theyre also giving you the option to set up a subscription to get the hardware as well!

https://www.xbox.com/en-au/xbox-all-access