Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

When I worked in the Wal-Mart photo lab we saw the funniest poo poo come in on film.

One time we had a lady drop a roll of film that was her kid's first birthday party, pretty normal and wholesome. About half way through the roll the photos start looking like they are being shot in a bedroom. Yup, there she goes taking her top off. Best part was that this lady actually worked in our store! That was awkward giving her back half a developed pack of film (we weren't allowed to print anything with nudity or obscene/gore. We had to slip in a piece of paper saying "Unfortunately some photos were against our policy to print").

Another co-worker at the time had a girl probably early 20s, hopefully older teens, come in and again, half the roll was nudes. Hand them a slip of paper all the while trying to hide that smirk of "our entire department has seen you nude".

The worst was when the kids were obviously children, we got on the phone right quick with the police. First couple of times our managers got pissed but gently caress that, this is getting reported.

We also had a pretty hardcore vegetarian on our staff who would absolutely refuse and shame customers if they brought in photos with dead animals / trophy kills. Lots of severed deer heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

i worked at a gas station for about a year, and i'm one of those poor bastards who always has kind of a dry monotone even when i'm trying really hard to do that faux-happy professional voice that 40 year old mothers insist on every retail slave having for some reason. anyway, occasionally i'd get complaints for having an 'attitude' from random people but its whatever. everyone gets those.

this same lady would come in every single saturday and complain about how i always have an attitude with her, to my face, for like 3 months straight. eventually i was like 'lady i talk in the same tone of voice to everyone, every day. this is just how i talk. i don't know what you want me to do'. anyway long story short i got written up because this lady called the manager 3 times a day for two weeks because i gave her 'lip'

I just tell people I have a brain disorder that makes me talk like this

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

SpacePig posted:

How much could an orange even cost? Ten dollars?

You ever try to squeeze an orange yourself?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Retail won't exist next generation

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Starman Super DX posted:

I was told that Quiznos went out of business because many of them were franchises but still had corporate impose all of these sales and coupons and poo poo that they just couldn't keep up with.

They had a good marketing team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrks-BPeLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LQpRQh2KSQ

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Female bartenders no longer need to wash hands after using the restroom

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

diabeetz posted:

I don't really understand what cashiers do all day. Like how do you get through 4 hour shifts, let alone 9 hours?

When I was a cashier they rarely scheduled you more than 4.5 hours. Usually it was whatever the lowest amount of time they could schedule you without having to pay you for a lunch break.

This was at a Wal-Mart so they had like 40 cashiers all at sub 20 hours a week so they didn't have to pay benefits.

The only people who got 9 hour shifts were the management staff, shipping/receiving, and the old lady cashiers who if they got rid of them all the customers would allegedly stop coming in. Well they recently started to get rid of them or they started dying off and the customers still came so I guess all the lunch room talk of customer loyalty was just hot air. Nothing was funner than having old cashiers hate you just for existing and threatening to take their hours. When I was 16 and first started working I had that attitude of I'll give my 100% to this job, nothing killed that faster than old co-workers making GBS threads on everything you did.

If you ever want to see the crab in a bucket mentality go work at Wal-Mart with some lifers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I had a dream about retail last night. It took place in a Radio Shack that also sold lumber for some reason. Argued with a customer about a bridge he was making after he cut the line.

10 years out of retail and I still get dragged back in

• Locked thread