Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wawa sounds like some mystical Oz-like place whenever I hear of anyone talk about them. I like QT a lot, but I've heard the Wawa legends...

It's just a crappy Sheetz knockoff :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i too enjoy beaming a list of my favorite restaurants straight to trump's nsa jk cash rules

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ThePeavstenator posted:

companies can always do this if you're in the US

yeah but having a paper trail instead of going "no reason - at will state lalalala" helps guard against accusations of racism, sexism, not-liking-being-reported-to-osha, etc

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Along the lines of tipping, are clients of hairdressers, beauticians, etc any better? I feel like loyalty to something as semi-permanent as hair might encourage people to be more generous if they find a person they like. This in turn can lead to more clients, that are going to be more generous tippers. But I don't know if tipping culture is similar with other service jobs as it is for food service.

i feel like it'd sort itself out?

like, if you're a bad tipper i might just pretend my only slots are at inconvenient times

conversely if you're a good tipper you'll get first dibs on the good ones

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

In some cultures it's really rude to hand money to people - you're expected to put it down on the counter. There's this japanese grocery store I go to sometimes, when it's time to pay, you put your money or credit card on a little tray; the cashier slides the tray towards themselves, picks it up, processes your payment, then puts your card or change back onto the tray and slides it towards you.

they do this in japan, it's a germ thing - can't touch icky hands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Azuth0667 posted:

Something dumb like this almost happened, radioshack wanted to carry a special kind of drywall for "audiophiles." It was wo stupid even corporate realised it was a bad idea.

I'm impressed

• Locked thread