Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

berth ell pup posted:

Ahaha don't loving haggle you goony rear end goons either buy it or don't. Jesus Christ.

Lmfbo this is the United States in tyool 2017 not loving Istanbul in the Middle Ages.

Best Buy seriously is a good place to haggle though, I've never paid full price, or even as much as the price matched price on any big ticket items there and gotten poo poo for way cheaper than I could find it online or anywhere else. Got a floor model washer and dryer for half of what they cost everywhere else I looked because they were both scratched. Well one was scratched and the other was scratched by the old lady employee who didn't give a gently caress and wanted me to get a deal on both. Haggling for poo poo is cool and good as long as you're nice to the people working there, and you're not trying to haggle over something stupid, or something that just came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Yeah definitely. They gave me $1,300 off an OLED TV there because I asked, and it was a year old model. I also got 2 Polk floor stand speakers that were shelf models for $50 (total not each).

I'm sorry if an innocuous question asked with some tact makes your day as a retail work so much harder, but I swear you guys bitch more than my wife ever did, and she worked retail for 9 years. I think she even said that reading the retail worker complaint thread in BFC.

Her biggest complaint was sweaty titty money, and mentally ill customers who would wipe poop all over the bathroom, and/or poop in the aisle and walk away.

I agree, I was the buyer for the alcohol section of a grocery store for a while and yeah other than all of the old people being openly racist and awful rednecks being awful rednecks, it really wasn't that bad. People did really love pooping all over the place though. Some mid twenties aged dude pooped in the urinal because he was mad someone was in the stall and I walked in the bathroom to find him mid poop, he refused to clean it up so I called the cops and then he got arrested and was crying like a little bitch. Old people just leaking a poop trail as they go about their shopping like a hosed up family circus comic was a common occurrence.

Being the GM for a restaurant was where I encountered all the truly crazy people and awful customers though. The place I ran served food after all the bars in a big partying area all closed, working late was always entertaining. Some guy punched through our stained glass window that was 100 years old while he was shitfaced. I told him I had to call the cops for insurance purposes and an ambulance and wasn't even going to press chargers because he was bleeding profusely and just wanted to make sure he didn't die. He told me to go gently caress myself and ran away and some cops who had no idea what had happened found him half passed out from blood loss, he apparently tried to punch one of the cops with his hosed up lacerated hand covered in toilet paper then got tazed.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

Glenn Quebec posted:

Wait..aren't you that guy who was loving that crippled girl in a wheelchair like..ten years ago?

Haha no he couldn't close the deal.

• Locked thread