Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
if people like these stories, there's actually a 500 page thread for retail workers in the BFC subforum full of people bitching about being expected to do their job and at the same time wondering why they don't get promoted lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4730724/Walmart-customer-loses-security-accuses-theft.html

this is amazing. you know how during confrontations people never say what they want to say then regret it later, well this lady said it all lmao.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Former DILF posted:

there's 4 million retail workers in america, 4x as many as electricians and plumbers together. If everybody managed the solutions presented here the market would correct for surplus and the value of that labor would fall

whatever is going to fix america isn't getting better jobs, it's making jobs better or reorienting the way our economy works so that we're not going all Ouroboros on ourselves

but if every job was made better so everybody had more money, then the market would correct for that and the value of money would fall, so sounds like you shouldn't try to ask for that either

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
i feel it is not unreasonable to make fun of a guy whose stance is "i shouldn't try to improve my life because if literally everybody else in the world also improved their lives in the exact same way then my relative quality of life hasn't changed"

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
i like how the bare minimum you guys are willing to move for is like a 3 bedroom condo in a gated community with valet service and poo poo. i need thousands of dollars to move in!!!

newsflash people are always looking for roommates and poo poo

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Gorilla Salad posted:

Have you literally never heard of the term "wage slave"?

People working multiple jobs, 60 or 70 hours a week and barely breaking even? Too exhausted to do anything except survive? These are the people who work retail.

Look, read this articles from 2010:

Study finds median wealth for single black women at $5

Please tell me how a woman with an entire $5 to her name is going to move loving anywhere?

I know you're having a wonderful time looking down on these people, calling them lazy and stupid and spitting on them from your high horse.

But the word you should be using to describe them is trapped.

Trapped and with no realistic with no way out - no matter how easy you may have had it.

You're a lottery winner telling people to sell everything and buy scratchie tickets. Hey, it worked for you :shrug:

Your condescension just makes their lovely lives that little bit worse.

I managed to get out of that life through huge effort and no small amount of luck, but I'll never look down on someone because they're stuck being poor.

most people stuck in retail hell aren't getting out because they are literally the dumbest few % of the population, and that's their lot in life

this goes for most retail goons too, as harsh as it sounds. of course a bunch do have the potential and willpower to get out at some point. they're not the ones crying bootstraps at the thought of attempting to improve any aspect of their situation though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Drunk Nerds posted:

You ate a three day because you posted career advice in a thread where "don't give career advice" is specifically in the OP. You just did it again even though the relevant part of the OP was cited ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE.

Just wow

except this is gbs, and the op is not a mod

if you want a retail safe space there's a thousand page retail megathread in the BFC subforum full of career sadbrains and nobody to make fun of you

• Locked thread