Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
If you don't know the market value or even the market of what you are selling then you will most likely sit on that book for a long time. Some old rare books have a limited market for people that have interest.You could be sitting on that book for ten or more years. I see some old local-interest books on Ebay trying to be sold for ridiculous prices. Looking at completed prices gives a more realistic view as long as the buyer isn't someone with more money than common sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

She's an actress playing the part of Annie Wilkes for a promo video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGkRhyFW5A

http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/chick-flips-out-bookstore-meltdown-video-explained.html

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

spacetoaster posted:

I was doing a thing the other day that required I give my ID over to the clerk. He asked for it, then turned around to do something, so I set it down on the counter for him. When he turned back around and saw it he asked me to pick it up and hand it to him.

He then said that he doesn't pick up things.

The vibe he was giving off was that he took it as me being dis-respectful to him. Is that a thing any of you have seen?

The only thing to do in that situation is to hand it to him and caress his hand as you're doing it. Or do a pinky wave and a wink if that is a trigger for you. I know most smart cashiers hand cash back to you without making skin contact mostly because of germs, which I can understand but the opposite seems psychotic.

• Locked thread