Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm not reading fifty-one pages.

Does anyone actually, genuinely believe Conor will win a decision or that Mayweather will actually knock someone out?

My personal guess is Conor can only take it in the first four. But I've lost four hundo to date betting against Conor so...yeah let's hope that happens. .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I.N.R.I posted:

this ... never argue with an mma fighter. theyll drag you down to their level and then beat you with punches

Or learn how to break their ankle for the fourth time and both of their shoulders.

I've got game.

If I was handicapping this - Conor +400 Mayweather -650. I'll go check the lines after this post to see how much more money I can lose on Conor.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Over half of Floyd's fights being knockouts in loving BOXING means nothing. Who, other than Hatton, has he crushed this decade? I know there is one other guy but Mayweather isn't exactly Hendo.

I know this from personal experience and genetic tests done at hospital - apparently people with blue eyes, red hair, and predominately Celtic (Irish/Scottish) genes have a studied high tolerance to pain. If Conor quits it will be because of gas, not fear of the boxing God turtle.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bluedeanie posted:

He crushed the collective spirit of the entire filipino people so bad duterte started murdering people who smoke weed

I guess you have to chase away the gay ghost spirits infesting your little island somehow.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You raise an excellent point that people have been reluctant to bring up so far: McGregor is white, and therefore genetically superior.

Actually not feeling "normal" pain responses is considered inferior. It's literally almost killed me on multiple occasions. If Conor has any of those genes he is going to get hosed up in the late rounds. Also if he doesn't. Basically someone needs to Nancy Kerrigan Conor if it reaches the end of the fifth.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Sorry to descend into weird gene talk. Health poo poo has been on my mind but doesn't belong here.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Today is gonna be the day that you're gonna see that Irish IQ
By now you shoulda found out that it's way below the english and the jew
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do
Around a skull

And all the rages that they feel are blinding
And all their men are drunks is what we're finding
There are many scientific truths that I would like
To say to you but I don't know how

Because maybe, phrenology is respected greatly
And after all, you're my wonderwall

Ahahahahaha!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Are these three minute rounds? I normally only catch heavyweights and my boxing knowledge is very dated. But I could have sworn it was two minute rounds.

Is this just me being me (crazy) or are two minute rounds a thing?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

u didnt need a dna swab to be diagnosed with cip - Completely Inappropriate Posts

God damnit : scribbles CIP on a list as long as an orangutan's arm :

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Rubellavator posted:

I've now come around to the idea that conor will definitely win by ko in the 4th round.

My man

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Disgusting Coward posted:

Conor McGregor will win via devastating laffy taffy arm barrage and look into the camera all "OI DID IT FOR ALL DE CHRONICALLY ILL OVERSHARERS OF DE WORLD" before revealing that his left glove contains Ido Portal's card...the Ace of Shamrocks!

You suck at mad libs.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i think they will have a good fight and when it's all over, the gentlemen will hug it out and maybe even kiss a little bit

There is still about a 100% chance there will be a bigger rematch. So I bet they keep up the hatred until at least one more payday.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

sum posted:

They said that about Pacquiao, and he was an actual professional boxer.

Precisely. Floyd doesn't want to fight with people who could realistically beat him. Which will make it sweet IF Conor somehow sparks him.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Having "done" both sports I always think the footwork is the exhausting part. I'd think it's pretty comparable. I also see people clinched and resting for minutes at a time in MMA.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

In anything from fencing to fighting I've always noticed the bottom falls out of people at around the two minute mark. No idea how Conor will adapt. Some boxing lessons don't even need gloves because you spend so much time drilling footwork.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Jose posted:

there were 600 posts since i last checked this thread has anything interesting happened or is it even more of a joke than before?

: Checks URL in browser :

I think you answered your own question.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

vaginal facsimile posted:

What do you guys think of this season's Game of Thrones

Walking Dead is an infinitely better show.

: looks at thread title :

Wasn't Conor supposed to be in the last season? I'm a few episodes behind.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Conor would be better suited for whenever the next season of Taboo comes out anyways.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Snowman_McK posted:

Game of Thrones is a show where every individual element: production design, costuming, casting, writing, cinematography, fight choreography are all outstanding, but it adds up to something completely uninteresting and disappointing. It's Brandon Vera as a TV show.

This is one hundred percent correct and also describes what will likely happen during the boxing match.

One of the best examples of something actually living up to the hype was Chuck vs. Wandy.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

BlindSite posted:

Sopranos. Everything leading up to the final event is awesome and then its ends disappointly.

You loving heretic.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

handsome only face posted:

unsheathing my blade to defend my tv shows..

Better than talking about the inevitable disaster of this fight.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bluedeanie posted:

I used this question last time the ufc thread devolved into deeply unenjoyable derail discourse so perhaps it will work again here: what is your favorite song from Purple Rain? Willie-dee do not interact

I Would Die 4 U

Very profound, super Prince-ed out, and makes me less paranoid when it comes on because Prince literally died to be an entertainer.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

It's too realistic for me, but that gun fight with blanks looked fun.

If they make a zombie version or one with space guns, sign me the gently caress up.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Does Floyd "The Most Hateable Athlete on Earth" have any fans? At all? He seems to be a pretty repugnant dude.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I find the stories of an illiterate Mayweather holding up checks to rooms full of his relatives and hanger-ones and ranting about how money is all that matters.

When legitimate ex-gangster 50 Cent calls you out for being stupid and illiterate, it says something.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I think he is a lovely role model. The thought of waving a check in front of kids in a locker room saying, "This is all that matters!" While being illiterate and being open about treating women like objects is unreal. He might be nice in personal interactions but it doesn't excuse being a douche infront of children.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Eat This Glob posted:

He showed his balls on the forums and it was really funny. It takes dedication to being a really funny poster, but I wouldn't call him a oval office.

Uh, what am I missing here?

I.N.R.I posted:

he just seems like a regular person to me .. most people have some rough edges but they usually mean well

I agree with the statement but still think Floyd has a corrosive philosophy on life that he eagerly spreads.

gently caress, I'm even alright with Mike God Damned Tyson.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Just to clarify -

I do not think Conor will win.

But if he does, within four rounds is the ticket. That way you can put modest cash with good payouts on McGregor by round and not feel bad when the worst match ever happens.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

kimbo305 posted:

Is that what he's saying in Gaelic?
It sounds like, "ser minruihv toium"

Gaelic is a made up language comparable to Welsh.

He's saying, "Oi bugger me, footy footy footy."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

If Conor "accidentally" trips Mayweather exiting a clinch, what typically happens?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Vladimir Putin posted:

If only there was a MMA player awesome enough to challenge and beat a boxing player at boxing game then we can all understand how overrated boxing game is.

What the gently caress is a player of MMA or boxing?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Balthesar posted:

jase1 bet $50k on Mayweather, but I'm not sure what that means or what the current jase1 meta is. I think he's won a lot of his last (MMA) bets?

Jase1 is a legend. He started out losing all his money on MMA and being a joke and now he has rain man luck.

I hope this turns out alright for him.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

They will sure as hell rematch once they both go home with enough money to buy Whole Foods from Amazon.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bluedeanie - I'm setting up an elaborate network of mirrors to help you project your ghost into the event. We are going to activate your ghost mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I think something so simultaneously stupid and awesome needs its own thread for memorial purposes.

• Locked thread