Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I had a dream last night where Conor for some reason had a boxing match against some 4-0 prospect that no one had heard of, and it took place in a makeshift outdoor arena in a field somewhere in Ireland. Conor got brutally knocked out in two rounds and the Floyd fight was canceled. That's my Conor McGregor dream experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

lol this owns

I hope Conor lands a miracle KO punch early on and then cuts a heel promo about how boxing sucks.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Maybe Conor just really enjoys MMA and would be happy to do more MMA fights for a few million each.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

NOTHING IS
IMPOSSIBIF

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I think that Conor will do a little better than people expect, mostly in the early rounds. He might just try to swarm Floyd, clinch a lot, make it a gritty fight, and hope that he can catch Floyd with some miracle KO punch. But he will definitely lose the fight and probably by TKO at that. There's just no way that he doesn't get exhausted and eat tons of shots once Floyd figures him out in a few rounds and picks apart his poor defense. He will brag about how he did better than anyone expected an MMA fighter to do and will retire to enjoy all that money he's going to make.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Even if boxing rounds were much less tiring than MMA rounds, Conor/Diaz 2 was pretty much all standup, and Conor still got tired after two rounds even though he was fighting much more efficiently than he was in the first fight.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

lol it never ceases to amaze me how people manage to blow so much money.

http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd-mayweather-cars-cash-2015-4 like what kind of a douche bag does this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

big money big clit posted:

Trying and failing to punch someone repeatedly is very tiring. Also, boxing and MMA are different sports and require different methods of energy management, and Conor has never boxed before, ever, so yes, I think it will be more tiring for him than the sport he has done all his life.

That and Conor still gassed even in the second Diaz fight, where there was very little grappling and he was fighting much more efficiently than he was in the first fight.

He probably has about three or four rounds to try to land his miracle KO punch, and after that he's hosed.

• Locked thread