Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

double negative posted:

The biggest question to me is, if this happens, does Conor ever fight again

He seems to love fighting and attention so, maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Ty1990 posted:

Holy poo poo. Conor really pulled this off.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

The Ninth Layer posted:

Counterpunching is a thoughtless reflex for Mayweather. Unless he got really old in retirement, he's going to hit McGregor and probably more cleanly than he's hit most of the professional boxers he's fought lately. I would have trouble believing that McGregor will be better than for example Canelo Alvarez at avoiding Mayweather's right crosses.

It's hard to say but my personal feeling is that whatever defensive conditioning McGregor has isn't going to compare to what a professional boxer who started the sport at age 13 and fought for twelve years might have. He may even have bad defensive habits that can be exploited.

agree.

conor is a great puncher. his power is very nice. i doubt hes got stuff as fast as zabs punch that hit floyd back in in antiquity. but he babe ruth called a shot on a goat-discussion striker in mma, so basically his craftiness and chops seem to give him a chance to land something. i know boxing is different but hes got a commitment and understanding about how to attack with his length. and hes a southpaw that cant hurt right? Also hes got a chin and a lot of courage, and a little reach on Floyd.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
to me if conor won a round, or hung in past the 8th, it would be a pretty good accomplishment

i dont think he'll look like a can cuz hes got physical attributes and surely has sparred pros like weve seen footage of...

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Ginette Reno posted:

Mcgregor is gonna lose as badly as James Toney

e: I guess not that bad because he won't get knocked out or anything but it's gonna be bad

I think he might get KOd if he expends a lot of energy attacking. hard to predict what conor will do imo

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

big money big clit posted:

This is going to look like when Mayweather fought Gatti.

yeah okay maybe I should say its a good accomplishment to make it past round 6

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Work Friend Keven posted:

If you mean Crime Boss John Gatti and by Mayweather you mean a guy he killed named Mayweather.

hahahaha

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

remusclaw posted:

. McGregor.....bank........

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
2 million dollar watch

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

am0kgonzo posted:

Floyd is a woman beating piece of poo poo.

This fight and everything about it is loving stupid.

Youre not crazy, but its a bit of a buzzkill

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Conor poo poo talking Floyd has been amazing

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Everyone in psp used to be gay

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

we were gay before it was cool. now everyone is trying to be gay. maybe it's time to leave being gay to the actual homosexuals.

someone would post Im gay and we'd all post Same, cuz why not go with it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

1 billion homes lmao

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

It's going to be so bad rear end when Conor McGregor causes a global financial crisis

the fate of las vegas is in floyds's hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i wanna see if floyd does the clinching thing where he puts his head under the other guys arm and how conor responds to it. also i want to see floyd defend conor's left reach/power/accuracy on the ropes.

i expect floyd to do his expertise on the rules technique masterpiece he usually does

yikes i just made a non facetious post in this thread, oh well

• Locked thread