Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Conor's chief strategy will be to make as much money as possible.

I mean, I suppose there's a chance Floyd might be struck by lightning 0.1 seconds into the first round and give Conor the TKO, but I don't think he's particularly concerned about winning the fight, just all the money it's would make him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

UFC tries its hardest, but nobody can quite deliver a freakshow trainwreck like boxing :allears:

Edit: Nevermind I just remembered DADA5000 vs Kimbo Slice

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

I know about this one. It's the subject of 'When We Were Kings' which is a loving amazing documentary.

I went into that documentary knowing that Ali beats Foreman, and the documentary was so good I was convinced going into the fight that it was literally impossible for Ali to win :laugh:

God that's an amazing fight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Grem posted:

That was an exhibition match but I like to pretend they were going for realsies.

Yeah, me too :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Amazing, haha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Memento posted:

Conor has decided he's a free agent as far as apparel sponsorship is concerned, so congratulations to him on another massive payday.

My God, he's going to be so rich(er)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Isn't McGregor's entire net worth less than Mayweather makes in one fight?

Like I'm pretty sure Floyd is making more money as a promoter than McGregor does as a fighter

McGregor is gonna make a huge amount of money for this fight, to go with the large amount of money he already has.

Mayweather is gonna make a LUDICROUS amount of money, to go on top of the ludicrous amount of money he already has.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

Think How mad he's going to get when Conor wins and calls out the New York Yankees

I would be so happy if it turned out Conor McGregor's entire career was because he was trying to win a Brewster's Millions-style bet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

"The rules don't say he can't brandish a pistol and wave it about at his opponent wildly without actually shooting it!" the ref says, shrugging as he consults a massive paper tome labeled "COMPLETE AIR BUD NOVELIZATION ANTHOLOGY"

Connor accidentally fires the gun, blowing Floyd's brains out. Mario Yamasaki leans in closely to inspect, but is otherwise silent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

Apparently Floyd's girl was texting that Watson fella and that's why Floyd beat her up. That's some stone cold trolling.

Goddamn.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

floyd will be pissed when someone tells him who's name is on that jersey

Goddamn :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do you guys want to just Gameday post in this thread or is somebody gonna throw together a new one?

• Locked thread