Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hey man, that brings a tear my eye, which is very helpful to me, because all the nerves to my tear ducts from my eyes were cut so I have to use lubricating drops if I don't cry a tear of emotion. I hope it keeps working for you.

My message to America: GPs can't read all the literature, surgeons get tunnel vision for things that aren't surgery, don't be afraid to search journals and then use sci-hub.cc to get a feel for what's going on in the field of your chronic health condition

Also trigger point therapy, even when done carefully on yourself, can change your life. Thank you for bringing awareness of soft tissue to the masses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ammanas posted:

Man I must have read 50 achilles recovery blogs and no one talked about soft tissue massage but most of them are focused on surgery rehab which wasn't really applicable. Only ONE site mentioned blunt force damage and that was still about surgery. Its more a failure of my health care provider in sum. Surgical podiatry, regular podiatry, and rehab were all loving useless to me. Physical therapy had no one to do soft tissue work, they recommend I go outside (wtf am i paying for??)

At least my surgical pod gave me time off to recover.

It's not good for the medical industry's profits for people to realize that a lot of their problems can be fixed by an educated masseuse

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If you want everyone to assume that you're a racist idiot and you would like to spend years posting here to try to break free of the stereotype, the Boston Celtics are your team.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

hahahahahahahah this made me spit my water up.

You're avatar just needs to tell people you're not actually from Boston. It would prevent so much hatred.

Gonna change my av text to The Maine Man

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ammanas posted:

what are they gonna do with oracle when the warriors move to their stupidass downtown SF stadium

Maybe they'll turn it into a giant unflushed toilet bowl like the A's did with the Coliseum

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

jackofarcades posted:

I never wanna take Steph for granted. He doesn't always come through but man, he is the most broken bullshit in the league. He is changing the game by himself.

That's when the Warriors were like "we're light years ahead" it's like - duh, you got the guy who's the prototype for superstar point guards going forward. People gonna try to be like Curry for generations. You have a unique talent so you can do poo poo no other team can do.

And he's not even the best player on the team. It's not fairrrrr!!! [bangs sippy cup on table]

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Rick, Bashez or Mangles

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

dejan literally just acquired a life debt from his posting

I feel like you have to focus on basketball, but even then Dejan would be up there. Especially with the jeans post

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/874665646419841024

I choose to believe

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Players that put up over 10 winshares get money thrown at them, like they should. Hayward scored 22 per game on drat near 60% ts. Sign me the hell up

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Without looking at any stats or thinking much about it I'd be willing to say Avery Bradley is one of the five best on-ball defenders in the league. He passes my defense eye test so hard. Like watching a terrier go after rats.

Also thinking about man v. man defense I thought Klay was way more important in that finals series than Steph. Klay should get the absolute most money you can spend on a 3D guy.

His stats look underwhelming because he has to cover so much ground for Isaiah. Anyone who watches the team knows how insane he is on d.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

I think they are going to try to do both and gently caress up. They'll sign guys who will make it hard for their draft picks to develop but not trade those picks to step up to the next level.

Yeah? I think they won't. And your team will lose 990 games next year as penance for this post.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

I mean, I watch the Celtics a lot and I'm kind of surprising myself here. I do think he's a good defender, and he "feels" like a good player. But his offensive stats are plain ole not good. 44th best TS among guards who played 1500 minutes, in part cause he doesn't get to the line at all, not expected to pass much but no indication that he's very good at it when he does, he had a weird blip where he got tons of rebounds before his injury this year but other than that has never been anything but an average rebounding guard, he's not fast, he isn't a great shooter, he just doesn't give you any real options over any random guy on offense. He looks like a great defender, and stats bear out that he's better there than on offense, but of course defensive stats are weird. DPM has him as a negative the last three years, just barely, but then it says the same about Klay Thompson so eeeeh. I think he's good there. I think top 5 on ball defender is ridiculous, he's 6'2" (with a giant 7' wingspan comparatively) and can only really guard 1s and 2s. He's definitely not on in the Lebron/Kawhi/Green/Old Tony Allen kind of tier where he can switch onto and guard anyone on the perimeter, and I don't think he's even quite on the level of Danny Green or Klay or Sefolosha as a pure guard defender. He's specifically quite effective on shooting point guards who are bothered by length and undersized 2s. He reminds me of a shorter but longer Courtney Lee, which is a very nice guy to have but totally replaceable.

edit: and he was young but getting a lot of minutes before IT came along and he was no better on offense then either.

I mean I feel like we're talking about different people here when you're saying he's not as good as Thabo Sefalosha on defense. You're welcome to that opinion of course but I don't think we're going to find much common ground to have a solid debate here. I also don't think there's anything wrong with a 16 ppg 55% true shooting/ 39% from three guard and calling those stats "plain ole not good" is just misrepresentation

A very good defensive guard who can shoot ~40% from three and cover up the defensive deficiencies of by far the worst defender in the league is better than what you're painting him as. He's not an all-star or anything but he's not a "JAG" either. And HERE is the undeniable proof that he is something special

https://twitter.com/CJMcCollum/status/716107313891778560

Marcus Smart is probably a better defender though. Too bad about the shooting. His hair was cut off though so maybe some strides will be made.

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 14, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

I might be late to this discussion, but do the Celtics even need Butler?

I think IT/Fultz/Hayward/Horford/etc is a pretty good lineup to have.

That'd be alright but it's still the worst rebounding lineup in the league. Something's gotta give there or they're going to get bullied the same way they did last year

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Lebron shot poorly in his rookie year, but he was most definitely a positive contributor. I'd be happy with any rookie that put up 5 winshares.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Bradley I s like a huge mosquito. He is very good at applying pressure to ball handlers. Hi s off ball defense is not outstanding. Drpm hurts twos and threes because they're family ften guarding the other teams most explosive scorer. Klay Thompson and Avery Bradley are not bad defenders. However, Bradley's defense is easier to see, because he's out there at the top and f the key pestering zomeone, like Eric Beverly or Dennis Smith at nc state. Marcus smart is a great defender who needs a haircut

Smart cut his hair and had that huge game in the playoffs!!!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Which players from the 2014 draft do y'all think are getting extensions this offseason

Wiggins is the only I see guaranteed to get a max extension. Embiid maybe? Would the Sixers really give a max extension to a guy who has only played 31 games?

With Parker and LaVine's unfortunate injuries, I see them not signing extensions unless they take a big discount from their teams. There's a bunch of other guys I can see getting extensions (Gordon, Hood, Nurkic) but not for the max.

And it's still early but boy that "one of the deepest and most hyped draft classes in recent years" thing is not looking very accurate thus far

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NBA_draft

Jokic

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Woj posted:

"Boston is really the danger for Blake Griffin," said Wojnarowski. "I think Boston's two primary free agent targets, right now, are Gordon Hayward and Blake Griffin. Now they're not going to get both of them, but they're both players that would potentially have interest there. I think Boston looks at in different ways with their future."

If Blake could stay healthy for a year I would be on board. I love his passing

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

Who would you rather have?

Griffin for a win now attempt, Hayward for a more stable future. I would love either one obviously and the chances are against signing either of them so it's more about which one would play for Boston

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

I really like Bradley and I guess I'd just like to see that reflected in ANYTHING.

It feels bad to say it but if he was like the Cavs starting SG I think his numbers would go through the roof

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I'm really curious as to what Griffin is going to do. There aren't a ton of leaks about it, and he seems to be keeping a pretty low profile. Normally to me that suggests staying, but someone really savvy about the LA media may just be keeping quiet until they are on the flight out of town.

Yeah, this offseason could be potentially disastrous for the Clippers. For Brolic's sake I hope not! Unless it leads to the Celtics getting Griffin.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
At this point, whoever is changing the thread title is either a moron or the biggest troll in the world and is depriving us of "Is Ian Sjumpert the worst"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

I'm still mad about bundling explorer with windows but that's pretty cool.

Don't be mad lil buddy. Everything's alright.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hand Knit posted:

This derail is bad.

Not as bad as the thread title not being "Is Ian Sjumpert the worst"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Thank you for the thread title, moderator.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Terrible offseason for the Knicks so far. Fran Fraschilla says KP won't resign as a FA and Pablo Prigioni turned down our offer to assistant coach to take a head coaching job off in Espana

interview with Fran: https://nypost.com/2017/06/15/the-high-ceiling-stud-knicks-should-be-praying-for-espn-expert/
really not much info in it. He wants Isaac at the 8, but he compliments Knicks scouting staff because they took Porzingis (all rumors were pointing to Mudiay I think?)

Really would have liked to see the Emmanuel "The all-powerful warrior who, because of his endurance and inflexible will to win, goes from conquest to conquest, leaving fire in his wake" Mudiay - Melo combination, although I'm fairly sure you would have committed suicide by now

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Montae have anadrol

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
He would never have done this under Rick Carlisle. The Ellis-Isle connection being broken had severe ramifications for all involved

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Ugh, I can't believe Monta Ellis was caught with the devil's lettuce.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Celtics are now somehow getting Jimmy Butler and Blake Griffin in my mindcanon

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Femur posted:

well, noone knows what a flop is, thats why it works.

Wow, really makes you think, instead of realizing that the NBA absolutely knows what a flop is and that's why they fine people for them

A completed pass in the devil's sport of football on the other hand

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 17, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

Perhaps. Can't fathom Philly gives up that Lakers or Kings pick in this deal

Why can't you fathom that, that's what literally everyone is reporting

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Maybe his pole's too short, don't be disrespectful

Fair enough. I didn't mean to insult your pole Niwrad, please forgive me.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

They just seem incredibly valuable. Unprotected picks from bad teams. There's a decent chance that Lakers pick is top-5 next year and that Kings pick is top-3. And this doesn't seem like a draft with a huge gap between players on top to move up two spots.

I'm well aware of how valuable they are and that's exactly why the Celtics are interested in the trade, they're not trading down to 3 for 2nd round picks

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

who fathoms with a pole instead of a sounding line y'all sailors are crazy I'm never setting foot aboard your ships

this seems premature to me

It's gotta be a really big pole and it's fine. The biggest pole you ever seen.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876130480474738688

I'd be fine with it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hmmmmmm

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hand Knit posted:

Really excited for this whole process to blow up in Boston's face.

Same, almost as excited as I am to watch the Raptors win 34 games next year

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hand Knit posted:

This doesn't seem quite the same. We're gonna have to wait several years to see Boston fully gently caress up while you'll be satisfied by the all star break.

Your endless optimism is disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hand Knit posted:

I embrace the team for what it is, and the enjoyment it provides.

Ughh, stop. You're gonna make me puke.

Danny Ainge. Just deal everything for Butler already you mormon bastard

• Locked thread