Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

tatankatonk posted:

How uncommon are NBA contracts with unguaranteed money? Feels like the last time it was mentioned was Hinkie trying to screw KJ McDaniels over

TBF McDaniels was being absurd and demanding the equivalent of a mid-1st round contract despite being picked at #32.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/highkin/status/917549632623869953

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

attackmole posted:

So, with the disclaimer that I'm sure pre-season stats are much more awful than regular season, I saw that the Suns committed an astounding 32 turnovers tonight in a non-OT game. Three of their starters had 4 turnovers, and Josh Jackson had 7. This got me thinking: What's the most turnovers ever recorded by one team in a game without over time?

Answer: The 1989 Spurs played a game against GSW where they lost by a tad under 40, and also committed 40 turnovers.

The part that was slightly more interesting to me was that as I was looking at the BBR records for 30+ turnover games, almost all of them are from the 80's. That era played some garbage rear end sloppy basketball. There's 105 games that match that criteria, and 85 of them are from the 80's. If you restrict it to games from 2000 onwards, it's only happened 8 times, the last of which was in 2004. It's been a while. Also, in the 2000's, there hasn't been a single game with more than 31 TO's, whereas there were 38 such games in the 80's and 90's.

tldr: 80's basketball was fast and sloppy as gently caress, and the tonight the Suns played at a sloppiness level that really hasn't been seen since the 80's and 90's.

Obviously there's probably some other pre-season teams that have cleared that mark and making fun of teams for bad pre-season numbers is cherry picking, but I thought those numbers were kinda funny.

The other funny thing about 80s games is looking at the box score of a near 300 point game and there's two 3 pointers made.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/917838602142343168

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Please God. Please.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

RCarr posted:

Can they just not play him a lot of minutes (even if he's healthy) if they want to get rid of him at some point? How does that work?

Michelle Roberts would be laughing.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Zion Williamson is carrying some beef.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/917452247616847873

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/918218261732278272

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I would include Ricky Rubio and the Sam Cassell Big Balls Dance under historic players to know for the Wolves

Eddie Griffin needs to be included as well considering he won the lifetime achievement for the Darwin Awards.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

kiimo posted:

Listen, let me do you a favor.

Become a 76ers fan. They have been historically bad and now they are one of the most exciting and flat-out fun teams to watch. Joel Embiid is the most likable player in the league. Their crowds are insane (Philly fans have a reputation) and go nuts during games. You can visit easily since they're on the east coast and Philly is an interesting town (see: Rocky). And you'd be getting in on the ground floor of a team that's about to get really good.

But really it's all about Embiid, a 7-2 soccer player from Cameroon who started playing basketball his sophomore year in high school and is the most naturally gifted player since...Wilt? Another 76er.

We are taking all comers, even if you previously were a doubting non-believer in the Process.

Hinkie Akhbar.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Which NBA player is the most disappointing to you, personally?

Derrick Coleman.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

And what a surprise. Bashez was banned by R. Guyovich, who's a mod despite being a full on commie and a actual bigot.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lol. Literally his next post is

"I desperately want this dude to be totally vindicated. So hit me up with the facts please."

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bachez um deserved the ban.

Also nothing wrong with being a commie.

You and the Nazis can both go gently caress yourselves.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well okay? Doesn't change the facts here

That R. Guyovich, who has a history of defending genocide, is a mod?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

That Bashez is either a bigot or decided he would become a bigot troll for some reason.

I honestly don't care about your weird hard on for some mod.

Okay Vladimir. Glad you could find time to post; I'm sure it's tough work murdering Ukranian women and children.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

Embiid Eclipse is a nice comeback, but man Joel just kills dudes

It would be if one ignored how Whiteside's first few years in the league went.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

chunkles posted:

it was a pretty good comeback

there's only one way to settle this, through the ancient ritualized combat sport known as basquetbol

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/919053073431097344

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lol. He's retweeting his own posts from last year.

https://twitter.com/RealMattCarey/status/919062699090300930

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Who's the strongest man in the NBA? I think it might be one of the Lopez brothers. but there are also some squat non-jumping PFs that seem like reasonable candidates, your Zach Randolphs and David Wests. I'm not talking P4P here because comparing relative strength is meaningless, only the absolute is important. Neat or whatever that an insect can carry many times its body weight, but any normal human can still walk around despite being covered head to to in many thousands of bugs.

I would've snap answered LeBron before Mirza laughed at him those many years ago. Now I got no idea

When he was playing, Pekovic.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Embiid is not stopping.

He liked this tweet.

https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/919057112386473984

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/919258686538821641

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/Sportando/status/919479349086220288

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

What happened with Baldwin? I didn't realize that things were that bad.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

big boi posted:

I know it's tedious to continually point out dumb poo poo that Bill Simmons says, but he said on the latest podcast with Bob Voulgaris that Larry Bird was a better passer than LeBron.

He was.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Probably agree???

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Popp went apeshit on Trump after the phone call comments.

https://twitter.com/EdgeofSports/status/920047451855380480

quote:

This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner–and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers–is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

BWV posted:

I'd seriously check out he Knicks. Strong ownership, a young star on the rise, and they're located in the mecca of basketball, NYC.

Don't do this to the poor man/woman.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/ughitsaaron/status/903268105085968384

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Kibner posted:

basically, the regulars in here are extreme degenerates

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

euphronius posted:

Milsap sure

That's it

Harris is surprisingly good considering his lack of length.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Brogeoisie posted:

going with extreme degenerates in here. I probably average 80 to 100 games a year and I've spent most of those years watching the Bobhornets

You should probably see a doctor about that.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

DeAaron Fox thinks Wendy's is better than In-N-Out and Chick-fil-A is too good to be fast food.

He's not wrong.

I will argue to my grave that IAO does not deserve its mythical status. Wendy's is amazing if you go to a well run franchise; their 4 for $5 promotion this summer was an amazing deal and the #6 Spicy Chicken combo is a first ballot HOFer.

He's also kind of right re: Chik Fil A. Their ingredient quality has been higher than most fast food joints, but a lot of the newer burger places are challenging them in that area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

xbilkis posted:

The In-and-Out paradox is that Californians rave about it because it is the best value/most consistent fast food option to have available when you live near one, and visitors go there and are underwhelmed because it's still a fast food burger (also the fries suck)

Literally this word for word.

Fries are super franchise-dependent (+- 1 minute makes a big difference), but IOA's are a universal abomination.

• Locked thread