Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

SUMMER LEAGUE TITLE DEFENSE STARTS NOW, CHUMPS

It's on baby
July Firisk Two thousant and SEVENTAYNE

THE REAL GAME BEGINS
enough of all that playground
funny business
Here and there
This and that
It's time for the Chicago Bulls to take back the Vegas Champions Cup and Detroit Pistons to repeat as the best team in Orlando 4-0, +56 point differential, this where the ballers play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Chris Paul is 100% going to San Antonio as well as Cleveland
Gordon Hayward is signing with Boston and Miami tommorow
Paul Millsap is joining your favorite team at a substantial discount
Danilo Gallinari is a houston Rocket and a Boston Celtics
Kyle Lowry is going to sign with the 76ers
OTTO PORTER is going to get a max RFA sheet from the Wizards after 10 other teams sign one
Alex Len will be on some NBA team next fall for a small amount of money
The Wizards will try to sign Deron Williams
Tim Hardaway jr is going to take his 20 points 1 rebound 1 assist body to a big contract somehwere
Nerlens and kentavious will also get max offer sheets
Raptors will re-sign PJ the DJ Tucker but not Serge Ibaka, that will be some sucker team
The Grizzlies will retain the fabulous and fantastic Jamychal Green
Spurs will have to pay a decent amount to keep Jonathan Simmons
Phoenix will retain Alan the human highlight reel Williams
Jose Calderon will probably play for another year or two despite being completely cooked
Bobby Brown should get a supermax but the slavemasters of the NBA will deny him
Zach Randolph will re-sign
Brake Griffin will re-sign to a crippling deal
I think the minimum contract Warriors crew will mostly remain unchanged
James Johnson will stay in Miami
Some stupid team will pay MCW money to play basketball. Maybe the Wizards
Utah will give George Hill whatever he wants

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
At least I'm going to be able to think back happily to these Warriors with the kids who are now like 8 years old and loving every minute and not a bunch of crones like you goofballs
That's right
I'm only hanging out with 9 year olds from now on

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

TBeats posted:

I know it's probably a slim chance but would anybody be really surprised if Kerr retired with his back issues?

I think there's a pretty decent chance he retires without retiring and sort of becomes a team philosophy and identity man while someone else does the day to day coaching. I feel terrible for him. He's been dealing with this botched spinal fusion for longer than it would take to get over Tuberculosis or Polio.

A full 1% of Spinal fusions result in cerebrospinal fluid leaks as far as I can tell from the pubmed and 20% result in no fusion and a larger percent result in no resolution of pain, it's like dental implants or something of that nature, there's a lot spinal fusion marketing, for what's not a bulletproof or optimal procedure by any means

He's hosed, unless someone is coming up with a new tech to unpop the meninges, some stem cell mesh thing, he might be hosed. I feel horrible for him. My dad's spine is totally hosed and he's agonizing over wether or not to get back surgery. The problem with being in massive pain all the time is that any chance at relief seems good, even if there's a huge chance of awful complications.
https://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/11575/treatment/back-surgery-and-neck-surgery/spinal-fluid-leak-4-weeks-after-l4l5-discectomy Here's a thread of people complaining about how their CSF leaks never stopped after spinal surgery and their surgeons being like welp nothing I can do, wear a loving corset

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidural_blood_patch The standard treatment is really a treatment, it's not a fix, it's basically just replacing lost cerebrospinal fluid with blood

The upside of having a billionaire sillicon valley owner is that he'll be able to jump the line to access whatever the latest implantable whatvever whatever bullshit is, for a chance at relief

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 13, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ammanas posted:

yo dejan i don't have pms so ill just put this out but you let me know about ASTYM for my achilles injury like 2 weeks ago and i've been doing that poo poo at home and it is like a loving miracle

i can walk almost normally now in tennis shoes w/ a heel lift, just a slight hitch in my gait and i hope to see continued improvements

by the law of the desert i am your man now, ask a favor of me and u shall have it

Hey man, that brings a tear my eye, which is very helpful to me, because all the nerves to my tear ducts from my eyes were cut so I have to use lubricating drops if I don't cry a tear of emotion. I hope it keeps working for you.

My message to America: GPs can't read all the literature, surgeons get tunnel vision for things that aren't surgery, don't be afraid to search journals and then use sci-hub.cc to get a feel for what's going on in the field of your chronic health condition

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ammanas posted:

Man I must have read 50 achilles recovery blogs and no one talked about soft tissue massage but most of them are focused on surgery rehab which wasn't really applicable. Only ONE site mentioned blunt force damage and that was still about surgery. Its more a failure of my health care provider in sum. Surgical podiatry, regular podiatry, and rehab were all loving useless to me. Physical therapy had no one to do soft tissue work, they recommend I go outside (wtf am i paying for??)

At least my surgical pod gave me time off to recover.

There's some stuff about magic stem cells that's coming down the pipe for direct repair of damaged tendons but it seems like affecting the tissue either manually or with electrosity is really the way to go, if physical therapy doesn't solve it. Yeah the failure to recognize that busting up the gnarly scar tissue would help you not be in terrible pain is a failure.

I had to go to three different immunologists before I got one who understood what was going on despite me laying the timeline and symptoms out as clearly as possible with only one probable route to a solution, (basically it was mast cell activation disorder or bone cancer and it wasn't loving bone cancer). It's like the Uncle Jim song, "most navigators can't navigate, and if you give them a bigger boat, it only compounds the loving hopelessness."

I'm glad to have helped

Libertine posted:

The only coach with a pure negative WARP.

Mark Jackson did something for the Warriors that helped them reel in Andre Igoudala for below market value and eventually was partly responsible for Kevin Durant, he instilled that churchy culture that drew in Igoudala, and was a big factor in Durant's friendliness towards and appreciation of their team as it was killing him in the playoffs.

Steve Kerr installed a really good basketball system that took advantage of the strengths of his players, and what was set up to use the shooting of curry and the passing of Bogut allowed Draymond's multifacted basketball talent to emerge. The GM drafted the players, and Steph Curry's delicate ankles and Draymond's early free agency as a 2nd rounder allowed them to retain great players on massively below market deals.
The cap jumped and suddenly there was a place in the passing, move without the ball, laid back (aside from Draymond), prayer circle. Mark Jackson helped to create that circle. He also focused on defense, which is important to instill in young players before they've had success and decide they can just relax. I'm not arguing that he was a good person or good at coaching a basketball team to wins on the basketball court.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 13, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Pelicans are screwed unless they have wings, not combo forwards they slot into the 3 because they have no other choice.

Pelicans are screwed because their owner doesn't care about them, was basically given the team at a massive discount just so they wouldn't move,, and their media market is the 52nd largest in the USA.

Still I think Jrue/Cousins/Davis with some shooting at 2/3 can be a deadly offense. But they're capped out, they're going to be like 15 million over the cap and maybe a hair under the tax, absolutely a hair under the tax, knowing their owner and media market.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/omer-asik-7110/
Omer is making 11m a year for 3 more years. They should stretch him or waive him. They won't be able to sign anyone except with the midlevel. They're going to have to gamble on d-league wings and backups until he's gone, and even then they'll only have a little bit of breathing room.

All that being said, they got an all NBA player who could be a top 5 NBA player to play alongside their other top 5 NBA player, both signed for 3 years non new supermaxes for the 10th pick in the draft, Buddy Hield, Langston Galloway, and Tyreke Evans. That is the infamous dollar for a couple quarters and some dimes and nickels- trade.

The team as constructed looks top heavy and if things come together, if Demarcus plays defense, if Jrue stays healthy, if they can get any semblance of a bench, they should be in the mix for 6/7/8

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 13, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

predicto posted:

Yes, but be careful not to fall for the woo because you are so desperate for help.

That's how people end up getting scammed and harmed by things like homeopaths and "Lyme-literate" doctors.

That's why I said the literature, as in the medical journals, even if you assume 50% of studies can't be reproduced you still have a better shot than a stab in the dark or doing the same poo poo that's not working

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Brolander posted:

so who yall got for Most Valuable Poster? i'll probably just mash that Bashez again this year

It's always Rick, Declan has the most PPP (points per post) but his low volume hurts him. Zogo and Brolic are up there but Rick has the look

Jack's Flow posted:

I feel like Tae knows The Secret and sometimes it compels him to speak in tongues.
Hahahaha that's what the mamba hiss was all about
It was about transcending language. Tae is on his way

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

I mean I feel like we're talking about different people here when you're saying he's not as good as Thabo Sefalosha on defense. You're welcome to that opinion of course but I don't think we're going to find much common ground to have a solid debate here. I also don't think there's anything wrong with a 16 ppg 55% true shooting/ 39% from three guard and calling those stats "plain ole not good" is just misrepresentation

A very good defensive guard who can shoot ~40% from three and cover up the defensive deficiencies of by far the worst defender in the league is better than what you're painting him as. He's not an all-star or anything but he's not a "JAG" either. And HERE is the undeniable proof that he is something special

https://twitter.com/CJMcCollum/status/716107313891778560

Marcus Smart is probably a better defender though. Too bad about the shooting. His hair was cut off though so maybe some strides will be made.

Bradley I s like a huge mosquito. He is very good at applying pressure to ball handlers. Hi s off ball defense is not outstanding. Drpm hurts twos and threes because they're family ften guarding the other teams most explosive scorer. Klay Thompson and Avery Bradley are not bad defenders. However, Bradley's defense is easier to see, because he's out there at the top and f the key pestering zomeone, like Eric Beverly or Dennis Smith at nc state. Marcus smart is a great defender who needs a haircut

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Niwrad posted:

I officially did not renew my Bulls tickets today. The sales person sounded pretty desperate so I'm guessing season ticket sales are way down. I did say I would renew if they fired GarPax which she thought was me making a joke.

I'm sorry that a strange Iowa State cabal wrecked your team

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Woj is historically 0/1000000 when it comes to Lebron transfer news/rumors. He was not connected to anyone close to Lebron in the Cleveland days, and responded with a mix of off the wall poo poo and hit pieces, as his free agency arrived, and so he's been locked out ever since. He did post an awesome piece a year before speculating that Lebron would come to Detroit, because Dumars was Woj's mole in the NBA

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Time posted:

Ballmer gave a private talk at the sun valley conference a while back that roasted public finance mechanisms and actually named names of other sports league owners in the room for being idiots. Private talk when he was trying to buy the clippers tried to block him as a bidder which is why he came in Hot with the 2bil term sheet. It was a cool moment in what is normally a masturbatory celebration

It's good to see some noblesse oblige from our billionaire masters

NeuroticErotica posted:

Who will both have their problems drawing people down there. Who wants to basically go to the airport to watch terrible teams play?

Yeah, it's weird to say but... I believe it, too. Part of it was the free tickets for poorer neighborhoods all the way to Long Beach and beyond. Created a completely different atmosphere in the building - nobody there to see an be seen, but people who actually wanted to go to a basketball game.

The Angels are a pain to get to and basically forgotten inside of LA. Even when they're good nobody cares. It'd kill the value of the team as much as moving to Seattle.

Yeah good luck if you're trying to get back to the city from Orange County at the wrong time, they might as well have Chinese supercongestion style motorscooter vendors for water and mobile shoulder toilets

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 15, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

RaySmuckles posted:

did this guy say that kobe lost to the pistons in 2004 and then lebron knocked them out in 2005? because the pistons went to the finals in 2005 and lost to the spurs. lebron didn't see the finals for two more years, and i'm pretty sure the 2007 pistons were nothing like the 2004-05 pistons

The 06 07 Pistons were Billups/Rip Hamilton/Tayshaun Prince/Chris Webber/Rasheed with Antonio Mcydess and Jason Maxiel coming off the bench which was otherwise loving horrible with Carlos Delfino, Flip Murray, rookie Amir Johnson, Nazr Muhammad, Dale Davis, and a 50 year old Lindsay Hunter. They ran Flip Saunders's 1965 offense of midrange jumpers to perfection and remained a very good defensive team despite Ben Wallace leaving for Chicago where he would again dominate Shaquille O'neal in the playoffs, the marble mouth who accused an innocent person of pedophilia to the police and who ruined TNT's NBA coverage, Shaq was again stymied by a better player who would, without Detroit's training staff, soon succumb to injuries.

I remember them fondly, I remember being tricked by broadcasters into thinking Carlos Delfino was always almost on the verge of breaking out and becoming a great basketball player. I remember Jason Maxiell's explosive fat guy dunks, I remember Chris Weber's midrange jumpers, and I remember the 1970s buddy comedy esque pairing of Flip Saunders and Flip Murray

I wonder if the Bulls stealing Ben Wallace away in free agency is what subconsciously motivated Joe Dumars to sign Ben Gordon and torpedo the franchise

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
How good were Rik Smits and Zyldraunus Ilgauskus, I remember them both being way too good in a way that seemed unfair, because they were tall and made jumpshots during my chyldhode

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

Reggie Bullock also suspended

Neither of those guys look like they're on any noticeable amount of T
Gotta be weed or something similar

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

That says to me that he wants to keep the current core intact, add Hayward, and if Lebron doesn't retire then they have their plan B

But it's the time of smokescreens and false number 1 pick LAST MINUTE PROSPECT FLIP rumooooOOOOooOOuuuURs

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Next year's draft is very frontcourt heavy, maybe Ainge wanted a shot at a young big. I only know the mock drafts and a couple of shoe games though. And 2019, who loving knows

Dropping from 1 to 3 is a big risk this year, I would expect some compensation

Perhaps the sixers thought the risk of Fultz/Jackson going 1 and 2 and them being left with having two choose from two wonky shot pgs or Jayson Potatum, I don't think they'd take Isaac because they have so many bigs already, but who knows.

The Colangelo era seems to be about keeping the sixers in their place and making sure they stockpile too much elite talent

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 17, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I would guess that they'll backload contracts as much as possible, encourage the guys to take less for the next 2 years in hopes of having more championships than the Heat. And once that happens then the pressure will be intense to go for 6. Barring catastrophic injury, the emergence of Giannis as the best player in NBA history etc

Also they're going to have to deal with a Spurs team custom tailored to beat them specifically. Next year they'll be smarter and wear tape and compression everything to prevent injuries

euphronius posted:

Warriors opening their own stadium .

I don't think the lux tax is an issue. The team is probably worth 3 billion.
The owners have lots of funny money, but the exponential luxury tax penalties that pay out to 2/3 of the league are designed to be the exact sort of thing that irritates a rich man

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 17, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

Did you hear about this new bullshit from that Gores motherfucker and the endlessly destructive cabal in charge of Detroit:
https://deadspin.com/detroit-officials-argue-that-inability-to-give-billiona-1796174573

Detroit literally took the pensions of a generation of city workers and cut even more but it's really important to give free money to a PAIR of Billionaires in the Illitch family and Gores. Job creators. loving hair club for men mystic tan open shirt gently caress

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

zoux posted:

So if the Sixers end up with Fultz, who do they play at the 1?

I'm confused by your question, do you think Gilles BenSimmons would play pg? He's not going to play 1. IT would be Fultz at one and Ben Simmons at 4, but handling the ball and initiating offense a lot, and their system is supposed to encourage passing and ball movement. The nice thing is that they have Sergio Rodriguez to teach Fultz the secret of the art of the point guard, if they retain him. Think somewhere in the middle of Draymond when Luke Walton was coaching and Giannis and that's about how much Benjamin Simmons will initiate the offense and take the ball up

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 17, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

zoux posted:

Sure, but I thought the plan was to develop Ben Simmons to run the point? Do they move him to the 3 then?

He's 6'10 and not agile, he can't play 3. He's in a better place to be the co-pg with Fultz at 4 anyway, because they can do the Curry/Draymond guard screen thing.

Fultz isn't a pure point so there will be plenty of touches for Simmons and plenty of time for him to run the show exclusively. Fultz's shooting off the dribble will also free up Simmons and maybe improve his frightening numbers at the rim.

They really need Gural Henderson to stay Healthy so they can keep at least 3 shooters on the floor at all times. Maybe Ben Simmons will show up with a floater and a jumper this year, you never know.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 17, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

zoux posted:

Ah, yeah I dunno anything about his game.

That's a misleading statement, obviously you could say James Harden and Manu Ginobli weren't pure points, but as ball handlers and offense creators they do it as well as the best pgs. I intended to convey that he's an own offense creating/scoring combo guard who's a good passer, his skillset leaves tons of room for Ben Simmons to orchestrate the offense and handle the ball, without Fultz being neglected or wasted

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think it's beautiful that America can demonstrate it's not all supreme commander Breedlove maniacs, and spontaneously send good will to an isolated paranoid and hosed up country in the form of the best rebounder in NBA history and some guys whose names you remember because they were in NBA Jam

In NBA coverage news, Kelly Dwyer was fired from the Ball Don't Lie blog at yahoo, which used to be my default one stop NBA coverage source, but I had totally forgotten about, because yahoo did no promotion whatsoever and probably forgot about him in 2014 or so

After seeing his byline next to Zatch Loeb's, I realized Marc Stein is still producing stories for ESPN, I thought he was fired? Maybe contract not renewed?

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 17, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I don't know why this wasn't reported at the time, but Brandon Jennings told a story about the Knicks' secret santa on BOMM. The gift had to be at least $500, Marshall Plumlee bought one of those magic trick fire tables that Kyle O'Quinn ended up with, and Ron Baker got a dashiki. One player got 2 pairs of shoes on his Nike free merchandise card and used that as a gift

Marshall Plumlee likes close up magic

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I feel terrible for all the Bulls fans here who predict every franchise decision by saying, "Garpax is stupid, so they'll do the most harebrained, mediocre thing they can" and then it happens

Cool Buff Man posted:

Why can't you fathom that, that's what literally everyone is reporting

Maybe his pole's too short, don't be disrespectful

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Someday Zogo and I will find the paper trail that proves Boston is paying off Prokhorov to keep the Nets rock bottom terrible

Michael Corleone posted:

Kinda OT, but with the mention of 2nd round picks I am wondering if teams that are in the luxury tax and sell picks have to pay the tax on the money they get or if they can use it to offset their tax bills? If so, this would be a good idea for some teams.

They don't have to pay tax, the cap only applies to player contracts and unsigned draft picks, not the pick itself as a slot in the draft. There's a cap at 3m per pick I think, and the money maybe? probably? goes to BRI, which means they have to pay half of it to the players.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 17, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Did you guys know Darius Miles filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy. That guy made about 30m after taxes, 61m total salary. Money spends. People will take all the money you give them and not think twice. Frightening

WhyteRyce posted:

Go to summer league where you can see Glen Rice Jr. drop a billion points on the Spurs and you think the Wiz have a new starter

He's going to follow Tim Hardaway Jr and become a volume scorer for the Hawks

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Saric looks like a perfect fit to be 6th man leading the bench mob.

I think the interchangeability is great for the Sixers, whenever Simmons is on the bench they can still run a playmaking big. I think they'll have healthy Thiago Splitter, you can start putting together lineups that look decent, they're going to be an NBA team if Embiid and Simmons are healthy.

Fultz/Henderson/Covington/Simmons/Embiid, Sergio Rodriguez(if they re-sign him)/Hot Sauce-Timothe/Saric/Splitter(if they re-sign him)or Jahlil Okafor, Then you have Richaun Holmes who's solid, Jerryd Bayless if he's ever healthy, that's bad NBA team caliber. The Nets are exponentially worse, despite having the future NBA star Spencer Dinwiddie and current ALL STAR SNUB Sean Kilpatrick and signing Kentavious Caldwell Pope to a max offer sheet.

If they want to be bad again, they'll let Rodriguez sign with the Rockets and Splitter return to the Spurs, be safely in the bottom 3.
They still have to deal with Emeka's cousin Jahlil. But it's rough because Greg Monroe is on the market, and he rebounds and gets steals, passes really well, if you're shopping for a post up center for your bench or to be your starter if you have some rim protecting 4 and you aren't reaching for the stars. There are also a few post up bigs in the draft that can be had for a low low price. Not to minimize how good at Jahlil is at scoring, but moving him before the trade deadline probably would have gotten them a better return.

I feel like Colangelo is under some league mandate to spend money in free agency, so they'll sign somebody to something

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 17, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

tanglewood1420 posted:

Sergio Rodriguez was really really not good last season, TJ McConnell was better offensively and way way better defensively (not super important at PG but the difference between him and Rodriguez was night and day). I don't see any scenario where Philly resigns him and if they do then TJ will be ahead of him on the depth chart for sure, as will Bayless if he is healthy.

It was a recalibration season, he had to get used to playing with NBA length and athleticism, like when he was a young man on the Blazers. TJ McConnell is TJ McConnell. Sergio is going to tutor these young men and teach show how basketball should be played, like a don, he's probably the best free agent point guard this offseason, even if he's a combo guard who weighs 150 lbs.

Let's go through the list, Mike Lowry, we've seen him fail in the clutch time and time again, he lets his policework get in the way of ball. Jrue Holiday, a good player, I'll admit, but he told me he hates the city of Philadelphia and he'd rather die than play there. Jeff Teague, seen as worse than Sergio Rodriguez by any unbiased observer, George Hill, He's arlight, but he told me he thinks Cameroonian people are repulsive, so he's out, Shaun Livingston? Too tall.

Darren Collison? Too short. Patty Mills, the less we say about him, the better.

Brandon Jennings? I love him, but his achilles is gone and it's not coming back.

Bobby Brown? Now you're talking, a future franchise cornerstone, probably will get the max from the Rockets, the 76ers don't have a chance.
Trey Burke? An NCAA legend who told me he considers himself the best backup pg in the league, and I think 9/10 unbiased observers would say that's absolutely true.

Now we get to the cream of the crop; Sergio Rodriguez: can dribble, pass, and shoot, experienced in all sorts of offenses, has played with players from around the galaxy. He's both a star and a mentor. Pay him everything he asks for and put a playoff bonus of 4m on top.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Ts1PbYjmc If you don't know Henny at Halftime, now you know

BWV posted:

Happy father's day to all the people in this thread who complain about travels and not enough interior post play

I hate when players don't play hard enough or keep their heads in the game

xbilkis posted:

He doesn't have The Look. He looks zonked out of his mind in half of the pictures of him playing

T-Mac was able to overcome his sleepy eyes to become a star, but is that what prevented him from making the second round for almost all of his career? Most advanced analytics suggest yes
I was hornestly thinking about his walleyed expression earlier today, showing the depth of our pathologies. I think sleepy eyes is less of an indicator of being a dumbo in the present when everyone is immersed in screens which cause that look after too much exposure.

He seems like a normal guy, doesn't seem like a dumbo

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 18, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4k35wgn5iM&t=90s
Coincidentally here's a video of Fultz working out with Tmac

If there was an NBA expansion draft, Reggie Jackson would go unprotected and unselected

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 18, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It's really nice of Paul George to let the Lakers have him, without giving up assets, or paying the supermax. I predict they're going to get rid of free agency in the next CBA

Papercut posted:

The dress code was Stern's attempt to court football fans and I'm very happy that the league has adopted the official policy of "gently caress football fans."

You have to thank Kanye and the dress code for finally ending the maternity tees and wide jeans era. Things have probably swung too far in the opposite direction, but that's okay, it's a much better direction

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 18, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

I do not understand at all what Paul George is doing or why he would announce that. Didn't he say a few days ago "I play for the Pacers right now", which was already about as borderline as a player ought to go if they're trying to max their value (shoulda left out "right now," always say you love the team and want to win no matter what even when everyone knows you're lying)? Who is his agent and why are they stupid or absent?

There are lots of possibilities, there's one where he just decided to be open, and didn't want the Lakers pockets to be put out for him. There's another where his agent responded to threats to leak his trade request to the publick with a statement, to stay ahead of the backlash. And you have another where the Pacers did something that firmed up his conviction and he didn't want to be shot in the back as he changed teams, like a Boston player. You're wrong about Kanye. He was the public face of changing trends. That's an important role.

But what's more important is that there's a chance that some team who needs a point guard could sign Milos Teodosic, the highest paid player in all of Europe:

quote:

The “Army Team” doesn’t want to lose the best floor general in Europe and that’s why they are making him an offer which is hard to refuse. A total of 12 million euros for the next three seasons are on the table for the Serb guard. Teodosic with an annual salary of four million euros will became the higest paid ever player in the history of European basketball. Those are net ammounts, since it’s common practice in many parts of Europe the taxes to be paid by the clubs. “We will try to build a stronger team and that’s why we are waiting Teodosic’s answer as soon as possible”, said team president Andrey Vatutin after yesterday’s championship win in the VTB Unitel League.
Also good reminder that players in europe don't make very much money, comparable to about 8m per year here

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Ahh motherfucker I just lost 9 teams of trade ideas

:siren: Here's the most rational one: Portland Trades Allen Crabbe straight up for Paul George. Portland gets a shot to get in to the second and win again this year, entice George into staying with winning and being a short flight from LA. Their defense and offense would improve. If he leaves, they have 18.5m of cap room and their GM is great at picking up role players at good prices when he's not signing Evan Turner. The downside: they really don't have a downside, they're not going to tank so any development is based on finding diamonds in the rough, and the Warriors will always be there. Indiana gets a good young shooter whose contract won't be an issue while they rebuild. Why not? :)

Here's the most intriguing one: Charlotte trades MKG and someone else worth about 2m for Paul George, MKG is on the Pacers timeline, could learn to not be a human cannonball, and his departure would let the Hornets return to the really good flowing offense that got them the third best record 2 years ago. George would like winning one playoff series, maybe 2, maybe he stays. And if he leaves, then Charlotte isn't capped out for the following 2 years. ;)

Otherwise it's just garbage salary + some sort of first for George or Blah players for Paul George just to get something
:cry: ie the Pelicans trade Omer Asik, Etwuaaaan Moore, Jarmal Crawford (bad), plus an unprotected first for George. They suddenly become a lock for the playoffs. Maybe George likes playing with Holiday/Cousins/Davis. If not, then they're still capped out and don't have a midround pick. Not a huge loss. But the return looks Ugly for the Pacers, so it's not that likely.

:( The Pistons trade Reggie Jackson and an unprotected first for Paul George. Not going to happen

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 19, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
There is no PG cavs trade that improves the Cavs, unless it's just loving garbage, ie Iman Shumpert and Channing Frye plus a future second round pick for George. That makes them an even better offense and a better defense. More Lebron rest. Never going to happen

If the Suns trade for Paul George it might be disgruntled guard Brandon Knight + Alex Len or whichever non Booker young player the Pacers want. But it would be a weird trade. The Suns would hope that they could put together a team that challenenged for the 8th seed and offered a short flight to LA. Trading a first round pick that wasn't hyper protected would be way too risky. No suns trade unless the new contract is already agreed to, I think, the same goes for any bad team.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Denver doesn't want Kevin Love. They already know what playing a bad defense frontcourt looks like

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I'm guessing David Griffin doesn't want to be blamed for Lebron orchestrated foolishness and so they're looking for a stooge. David Griffin did a great job of having the lottery rigged for him and hopefully he'll bring that somewhere else

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

xbilkis posted:

Sorry to be the Trade Machine Posting Guy, but does this make sense as the parameters of a Chicago/Cleveland/Phoenix deal with #4 going to the Bulls?

I can't decide how much the Bulls would need to be compensated for taking on Knight's salary, since they're going to suck anyway

Why in the world would they give up on the upside of Chriss and Warren for a guy who's 8 years older than Devin Booker, without a team that can even compete for the playoffs

If the suns are willing to give away their dual combo guards for free, they will, they do a good job of staying out of games via injury anyway, so the tank can continue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jota posted:

This was my favorite RT of RTArmageddon

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/568591585912467456

This dude now runs a franchise

That's a friend patting a friend's back tweet. Kidd orchestrated that debacle of a trade and it's the reason why he's not going to be re-signed when his contract ends

• Locked thread