Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Libertine posted:

The Warriors are just coming in from a hard negotiation stance initially because they know they have to make a deal with The Don. If he wants to shake hands with them in the White House they are going to need Sessions to relax his draconian attempts to implement harsher penalties for smoking the devil's lettuce.

If The Art of the Deal taught us anything it is negotiate from strength or you lose everytime. Which is why Lebron has already called Adam Silver and told him he is going to retire to join the Browns if he doesn't arrange for us to get PG for JR Smith and a protected 2nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Bigass Moth posted:

What's the point if you can't get the whole set fam? Not a big baller.

For only $12K it's a steal!

LOL, Ball probably got $5K for this deal, and that is being very generous. Still, more than our sigs are worth.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
"Warriors Expected To Decline Possible White House Invitation" is the headline on RealGM, Trump should be smart and not invite them.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Contraction of a few teams would be good for the game, but it is never going to happen while the NBA is printing money and would suck for the fans losing their teams.

It would have to be like when companies do stock buybacks, bad franchises that lose money would be sold to/bought out by the league. Any team up for sale the league would look to buy, but still could be outbid by a private party so whatever, poo poo ain't happening.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
KP and Melo for Love, TT and Smith/Shump contract filler. All those guys LOVE The Triangle!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Ray Allen will be there soon!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I like this one dude on RealGM that keeps saying the Bulls should call Lebron and trade him Butler for unprotected future firsts because Lebron ain't gonna give a gently caress about it, he wants to win now.

What could the Cav's get for 20', 22', and 24' unprotected firsts (I think those are the first they can trade)?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I think they want to basically turn the dollar bill of the #1 pick into smaller pieces so they can get Butler for like 80 cents and keep the change for themselves.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Kinda OT, but with the mention of 2nd round picks I am wondering if teams that are in the luxury tax and sell picks have to pay the tax on the money they get or if they can use it to offset their tax bills? If so, this would be a good idea for some teams.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Niwrad posted:

Philly won 28 games last year. I don't think they can afford to overpay.

Counterpoint: Their "Big 3" played 30 games combined in the NBA. It is all risky.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am embracing The Process. Cavs 19' pick is Top Ten protected to the Hawks. We own all our 1st's after that. Gotta tank real hard in 2019 and just play out the poo poo contracts of JR, TT and crew. We'll be back!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cavs would get more than Butler for Kyrie right? He is on a longer contract and younger to help them rebuild. At least one garbage salary going there way would make me OK with it I guess.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
This has been a hot 5 day period. NBA offseason, where amazing happens! KP and Melo for Kyrie or Love and salary and an unprotected '21 first.

e; KP is the asset Phil has to attach to Melo to move him, lol

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

AggressivelyStupid posted:

NBA should force Gilbert to sell the team to LeBron imo

Didn't MJ have to sell his portion of the Wizards to come out of retirement? Doubt Lebron even wants this shitshow after he retires unless he stays through 2020 when the books are clear and then retires. Once he retires the team will be dirt cheap, he could probably pay cash, or get Nike to give him an advance on his billion dollar contract.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I like the Cavs Goodyear logo because it is shoes with wings and looks like the icon from NBA Live in the early 00's that signified the player was a High Flyer (the only players to play with imho).

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cavs should go all in this season, try to get a 4th star somehow, even if it means giving up picks that will be high lottery. We will never have this chance again. Also, when Lebron leaves, we can dump JR and Sjumpert in the Kyrie deal and probably get a nice pick back too. Too bad no FA's will sign here with Gilbert around so whatevs. Those picks will be the new Nets picks. Such is life without Lebron.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

BWV posted:

where are the Cavs going to get high lottery picks?

The only way to get a star without giving up a Big 3 piece is to trade unprotected picks in 21' and later, or get an idiot to trade for our garbage players.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I don't think he would stay in Boston but I guess preventing PG from getting traded to the Lakers is still a win because they have the Lakers 1st next year, right?

I guess they have a potential deal that he will extend his contract for 3 years to go to Beantown. Has to wait till after they sign Gordon. Also, you sir are not a Big Baller for doubting Lonzo will take the Lakers to the playoffs this year!

e; Woah, this is good news for me, no PG in LA probably equals no Lebron in LA either!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
On July 1st the Cavs should send $2.5 million each to the Knicks and Bulls for a top 55 protected 2nd each, the money would go towards the buyouts of Melo and Wade.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Dexo posted:

You can only spend 3.5 mill to buy picks

Thought it was 5, my bad.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Unrelated, but can someone who knows more about salaries / contracts explain to me what the odds are that Melo / Wade will get bought out? How much money would it save their teams?

I am interested in this as well. So Wade is making $24 million, what do the Bulls pay him in a buyout? Obviously less than 24 otherwise they would just keep him on the roster. Phil would probably pay Melo the full price if things get even worse just to get him out of there.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cavs are the leading contenders for a Post-Buyout Melo. Probably the same for Wade. Getting CP3 here would probably take trading Kyrie for him, which I would be against, but we have to please Lebron, he has hand!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Shear Modulus posted:

Who are the two-way deals meant for? Undrafted rookies exclusively or is it more expansive?

Probably anyone. There was a lot of talk about many of the 2nd round guys going to the G League.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
It was Bill Simmons, just my humble guess.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Wouldn't the BBB shoes sell a lot better at normal prices? Sure he'll sell some pairs at $500, but aren't Jordan's and Lebron's like $250 at most? He could sell his for $200 and still make way more money then signing with Nike, IF Lonzo is a star, if not, shoulda taken the guaranteed money.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
With the West getting stronger, will the Cavs have a chance to get the best record in the league and HCA for the Finals if they try hard? Work hard during the season THEN coast in the playoffs, I think we had it backwards last year.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The main reason GSW can do this is because Curry's cap hold is much smaller than the Super Mega Max he will sign after all the other pieces are in place.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I think if they can move Deng and maybe one other player, they would only have Ingram, Ball, and 1 or 2 other guys under contract if they don't keep Randle next year and can theoretically sign 3 (THREE) Max players next summer. I think...

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Dexo posted:

IIRC They have bird rights on Iggy and Livingston so them and Curry will get done last.

And for KD he signs into his own cap hold for less than the hold itself.
The Warriors are only like 2 mil over the cap right now even with everyone's cap hold in place

What am I missing as to why KD won't just take his full cap hold? Just to save the owner money?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Ya, I don't get all the talk of Love to Boston, those two teams shouldn't really want to trade with each other.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Just make Lebron GM, or defacto GM.

Yes, we should combine teams with Boston, they can have anyone they want back after this season, and their reward would be possibly the first 3 picks in the draft.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 3, 2017

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Shumpert, Frye, Jefferson, and Felder matches salaries for Carmelo, provides about 5 mil in salary relief to the Knicks now, a further 10 million in 2018, with a Shumpert option for 11 mil for 18-19. It sends the Cavs into the 9th circle of salary cap hell though.

We could also send them $5 million in cash.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
If I won the Mega Millions and then Power Ball the next week I would buy the cheapest team on the market and you guys could all be my Co-GM's. We would tank the first couple years though, gotta be OK with that.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Listening music now that conference balance has been restored!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ASJBXu8tNo

e; Cool Buff Dude, Incarcerated Bob tweeted it too from his Vegas Sharps, it's done, maybe.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cleveland invented The Jersey Burn, and also The River Burn.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

EvanTH posted:

neat picture of a dude some idiot franchise sold to a good franchise for literally no return in basketball terms

Check out Bell when Bell get up!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
How is this team looking if Cleveland kept all their picks and didn't get Lebron?

Kyrie
Dion
Wiggins
Bennet
TT

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I guess Jalen Rose said Melo knows he would have to come off the bench in Cleveland and now has told the Knicks he only wants to go to the Rockets and then severed communication with the team.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Lebron should beat up Kyrie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Sponsor Patch Rankings:
1. Cavs
2. Magic