Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Jack's Flow posted:

All we needed was a 20 year head-start and a We Believe test run!

Yeah I don't know if one team has ever had a contrast between being so likeable and so unlikeable in such a short time period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Ben Simmons wants to be a PG for marketing and ego reasons, who cares

If Fultz is nominally the starting 2/3, so be it. Let the soft Aussie have his prize

Gonz posted:

That 2004 Pistons team was basically "Defense, Defense, Defense and also Defense".

They were holding people to sub-80 and sub-70 points in playoff games. It was a magical thing. In the Finals, the only two players on the Lakers to score more than 10 points in any of the 5 games were Shaq & Kobe.

Rip in peace, Ben Wallace, you were not appreciated enough

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Not wild about that form but his release is decently quick and the arc on his shot is not bad

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

Kawhi is better than Durant I'm sorry if this cold hard truth is alarming to you but think about it for awhile and you'll come to the same conclusion

I think it's true because I like Kawhi better as a person, but also because we have to look at their efficiency stats in the context of their entire teams

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/885420196873109504

Averaged a robust 4 and 3 on 43% shooting as a center in the NBA but THOSE EURO STATS THO

Presumably you'd be bringing him over for his defense (which was good in Europe)

AggressivelyStupid posted:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/885225288061394944

Is Ben Simmons tiny or has LeBron finally broken me

LeBron is huge, you can't judge mortals by those standards

Eltoasto posted:

So is this how Lonzo fixed his shot?

I wonder how much money they're going to eat on those shoes

What's AliExpress' return policy

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Man it's been so long since I've seen a basketball game with 10 white guys

There's still time buddy, don't worry, Guangdong will welcome you with open arms

I feel bad for Stephen A. because as far as I can tell Cheez Doodlez are no longer commercially available

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Irving's getting traded for Melo and the Cavs are going to be much worse for it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Not being able to shut down a perimeter player 1:1 away from the hoop is not a huge liability. Being a target for PNR is a problem though

The Wolves defensive scheme/Jimmy Butler would do wonders to hide Irving but he wouldn't be able to play next to Wiggins (although in that scenario Wiggins is most likely moved anyways)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

There's probably no feasible move that beats GS but Deandre+Crisp Haul instantly makes them a good defensive team. They didn't have any other route to a competitive defense. Now they straight up haven't got one

Edit: let's be clear, Cleveland isn't close at the moment. They got trashed in the GS series and only won a game when they couldn't miss

Having perimeter defenders helps to solve the KD problem and DeAndre can switch pretty well (especially on pick and rolls). Since GS is all about ball movement to get open looks and mismatches, DeAndre is probably the best center not in Utah for stifling that. Granted, you'd still need someone to guard KD one on one and not let Klay get open looks on the perimeter, buuuuut CP3-JR-PG13-LeBron-DeAndre (the no last name lineup) would probably have put the Cavs in a position to actually challenge the Warriors.

But it didn't happen.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dexo posted:

NY better be willing to take Kanter and a McDermott/Pick or something to offload Melo wut?

That's the kind of stupid loving decision I could see the Knicks making yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'd tell Kyrie to pound sand

Yeah I guess I never considered the possibility of the Cavs telling Kyrie to gently caress off because I just assumed new GM + Dan Gilbert is an impulsive and terrible owner

• Locked thread