Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i rly want a shirt with some birds on it dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

trumps tweets are like a heron t shirt, one for every occasion

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im glad melo didnt ruin the future western conf champs, the houston rockets, from the inside

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

verbal enema posted:

U Bum University

bum so hard university

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

zoux posted:

It makes more sense to me for an athlete to get paid millions than a hedge fund manager. People are like "they get paid millions to play a game" like they roll out of bed, gently caress around on X-box for 8 hours and then go to the arena and play a game. While these guys are active, they spend so many hours a week training, working out, controlling what they eat and drink and that's in addition to managing all the business and finance poo poo that comes with being a millionaire. How many hours a week do you think an NBA player spends on poo poo to maintain and improve their skills and craft? 90+? They work hard and are under insane pressure. So if we say that someone's salary should be commensurate with the actual amount of sweat and stress someone puts out, who does more than pro athletes?

its also the same people who jerk off about the free market despite the very obvious provable fact that these guys have some of the most unique skillsets in the entire world, if they were actually paid fairly they would get so much more money. had a libertarian dumbass try to let me know that, actually, professional athletes salaries are Inflated and not artificially capped despite.....you know....the salary cap in 2/3 major american sports. these people will say and think anything as long as they get to be racist

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

imagine trying to do anything that requires effort and concentration, and then imagine you always see dennis schroders face in your periphery

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

milk milk lemonade posted:

Would everyone shut the gently caress up about politics in the basketball thread and post a funny tweet or IG thanks 🙏

no

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yeah but he makes sure to mention theres blame to go around on both sides. for instance, lebron should maybe try to not be black

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Zogo posted:

I'm saying that getting in a Twitter/media war with Trump is a bad idea as he's an expert in those areas and has decades of experience as an actor/TV star/celebrity. SA skews heavily D so most here are inoculated against his wiles but a lot of non-Ds are literally mesmerized and enamored by Trump's Twitter and television proclamations. It's easy just to call him names but he knows what he's doing (at least in terms of getting votes rather than policy and political capital) especially more than the average athlete in 2017 USA.

yeah, wrong

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2487

quote:

The anti-Twitter sentiment remains high as voters say 69 - 26 percent that Trump should stop tweeting

such an ~expert~ that everyone is indeed tired of him winning at twitter

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Zogo posted:

That's true but that's a different issue. I never said most Americans like his tweets. Only ~10% of Ds want him to tweet according to that poll. When it comes to election day I don't believe there will be many voters going into the booth saying "I was going to vote for Trump but he sent too many tweets."

He's got tricks up his sleeve and will easily use the media again in 2020 if he wants. I do believe he'll continue using sports/celebrity feuds to stoke things as he's done WWE wrestling in the past. I remember last November and how much confusion, shock and disbelief there was when he won and it seems like it's already been forgotten.

you keep painting a picture of some incredibly savvy news manipulator winning the media battle when its demonstrably false. its not a different issue. you said getting a tweet war with trump means he wins. it very, very, very clearly does not mean that since hes been in a tweet war with the entire nation this whole time and is losing support on every single front.

i dont get how you can even think the most unpopular modern politician by far is some untouchable media demigod. it boggles the mind. you said this:

Zogo posted:

Yea, it's funny when these athletes take dumps on politicians but I don't think people realize that this kind of stuff solidifies bases and creates groundswells of support. All these people having their Twitter skirmishes/battles against mastermind Trump are playing his game and they're probably going to lose (if they want some 2020 D president). Some of Trump's polling numbers are going up in recent weeks. Uh oh.

Zogo posted:

Yes, at this point LBJ could flush the American flag down the toilet on live TV and the message will have been lost. Colin Kaepernick could win a SB ring with the world's biggest and most intimidating and most frightening afro (to racist John Q. Public) and then detonate TNT near a Stonewall Jackson statue (angering many in the south). But I'm skeptical things will change.

and yet

quote:

25 percent approve of his handling of race relations and his recent pardon of former Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/nbc-wsj-poll-public-likes-trump-s-bipartisan-move-little-n803176
(the one i linked earlier has him at a downward trend on race relations as well and is more recent)

i cant predict elections and im not gonna argue about why exactly we are in this situation despite the fact that everyone hates cheetoh hitler but the only actual metrics we have for what you are talking about all say the polar opposite of what you are. he is not spinning things in his favor, hes steadily losing support on every single issue he touches. it puts the lie to this idea that politically active athletes are somehow poisoning the well. i guess his "groundswell of support" is that 25% of people

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

tanglewood1420 posted:

"Don't worry about opinion polling in response to protests, it doesn't matter"

"Here are some opinion polls that prove you wrong"

i may only have 1/1000th of a percent support, but since turnout is below 50% im 50 times More Likely To Win.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Libertine posted:

The turnout is so low in US Elections that if a candidate could guarantee 25% of the population vote for them he or she would probably win all 50 states. Neither candidate in last election even got close to 25%. People conflate wide polls of approval with election results which are usually head-to-head contests between two extremely unpopular people.

the only person conflating them is you btw. and very badly.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

leftist heap posted:

Westbrook wouldn't pass KD the ball in the last two minutes so he sure as poo poo isn't gonna give it up to Melo

:thunk:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

*ahem* zogo: ur wrong

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the cavs already play a lot of lebron and klove as the only bigs.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

e: actually i just have no memory of any lineups from last year they have all evaporated from my noggin

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 2, 2017

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

Rip Giannis's Papa, a cruel reversal of a popular greek name

lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lebron James binds his feet like a beautiful demure Chinese wife

ah, yeah ive heard of LJBHFLABDCW

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Stevie Lee posted:

there's no way this is real

its english food so you are just lucky there isnt actual poop as a condiment

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

joel "the process" embiid is a god dang hall of famer

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i didnt read all those character bios but i feel like the entire kevin durant one didnt have the word bitch or made or any combination thereof which is objectively wrong imo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

everytime i watch channing frye play i am astounded that he is somehow easily the tallest and longest player on the court but completely incapable of grabbing a rebound or bothering anyones shot, even the tiniest person on the court can just put it right over him its baffling. are you made of flesh channing, do you exist on this plane or do you phase out of this reality momentarily when the ball comes off the rim or when someone throws a jump shot up near you. i see your hands right in their face youd think it would do something but it doesnt.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Bashez is the perfect posting machine I hope Nazi memorabilia didn't fall into his circuits

AggressivelyStupid posted:

full communism now bitch

true, true

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

that is unacceptable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nx57KONzVo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

mein gott in himmel

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

EvanTH posted:

ahhh I started calling him L. Bron Hubbard a few days ago and now I can't stop

ahhh i love the sport

hello evan this is a blatant joke steal and im so angry about it i went back and found my post from the playoff nv to prove it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795365&pagenumber=835&perpage=40#post472427282

cease and desist tia

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

we need a master of list of credits. ive got Dr. Bronner for sure

list of names given to one mr james of akron, and the namee

1. lebron- delonte west

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dont forget that time a milwaukee jewelry store literally called the cops cause john henson decided to try to buy some jewelry. they literally were clutching pearls in the back behind locked doors

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Henchman of Santa posted:

I would be scared if most Bucks players showed up at my door because their alien limbs make me uncomfortable

im only comfortable with hulking spider limbed men if they wear their insecurities on their sleeves. or shoes.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yall so loving addicted to well, actuallying that you did it both to tell brolander milwaukee isnt that racist and to tell him that he cant be excusing racism

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

blue squares you were born to be a warriors fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

blue squares posted:

i cant pick the best team, that's just lame

yeah

• Locked thread