Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Can "Ian Sjumpert" be used as an argument in Tae's favor or are we only counting regular season posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
My guess is yes because that would be a pretty blatant conflict of interest?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

EvanTH posted:

not even DWill? The one who played not the one who didn't

when he was on Brooklyn there were these local cheap cell phone ads (both the ads and the service was Cheap with all the negative connotations intended) with Deron Williams that were the absolute worst commercials I've ever seen. They're not online I've searched for them a few times. It was Boost or TMobile, can't remember which. He could barely speak his lines, the concept was "I am fast and so is our cell phone service" and it had a sped up film clip of him dribbling between his legs a few times with a whoosh whoosh sound effect and then he said if you think that's fast try this cell phone. I don't immediately have words for how bad his reading of his lines was.

companies usually upload their own commercials to the internet, but this one was so bad they tried to flush it down the memory toilet. Much like DWills finals performance

It was MetroPCS.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldda7vhmuxU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
My body is very ready for the Knicks to trade away KP and re-sign Derrick Rose to a max contract so that I never have to worry about being a Knicks fan ever again. Thank you Phil Jackson for freeing me from this hellscape

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I'm just happy that Kristaps will have a chance at a real successful career on a competent organization. My large Latvian nephew deserves better than the Knicks.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah thats absolutely fair. We have about a week to cool off before things go silly again

Are you suggesting that 6 nights from now we're gonna be up all night because we can't sleep?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
That's Kwame Brown on the left and Rashard Lewis on the right... but who are those other 3-headed basketmen?

edit: besides White Chocoshirt of course

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ah, the post Dwight years, that's a blank spot in my memory

Turkeyglue and Lewis were on the Dwight era Magic, they were key pieces in that team that went to the finals, which also featured the likes of Mickael "The Cross-Eyed Lebron Stopper" Pietrus and a 109 year old Anthony Johnson

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Looking back on it, the 08-09 Magic were a really fun team. Jameer Nelson was steering the ship. Marcin Gortat, J.J. Redick, and Courtney Lee, all 23 years old. And Tyronn Lue played 129 minutes for 'em!

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

MourningView posted:

That was arguably the best series LeBron has ever played, I don't think Pietrus bugged him too much

That series also featured Lebron's career best buzzer beater:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvTLOhm-TQ

I remember seeing that live at an Applebee's and hooting & hollering for ten minutes straight. The boneless wings were on me for the rest of the night

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Check out poster when poster get up

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Dexo posted:

Like Dolan can't really be that dumb right?

lmao

https://twitter.com/kfcbarstool/status/511878090856099840

edit: EVAN YOU MOTHERFUCKER

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Nick thank god. I thought something had happened

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

The Glumslinger posted:

That would be a really loving good team if Thibs can teach them how to play defense

How is Lowry as a defender? I get the sense playing alongside Butler would take a lot of the defensive burden off of him

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I was hoping New Orleans could find a way to trade for Chris Paul. How exciting would that homecoming have been

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Tae posted:

The Warriors are the least likely to repeat. Durant is made of paper tissue, did everyone forget he missed almost half the season. And then he got injured again after that.

He missed 20 games, and I don't recall him getting injured in the playoffs?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
On the other hand Redick's usage and counting stats should go up this year, which will help convince some team to sign him to that big 3-4yr contract to end his career

Not to mention $23M is probably the most he'd earn in 17-18 under any deal

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

EvanTH posted:

Kyle Korver shot .313 from three in the Finals, maybe they should get someone who's clutch instead

His missed 3 before Durant's game winner in game 3 is probably still haunting him.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Would the Spurs have any chance of bringing George Hill home? Or was that door closed when they re-signed Patty Mills?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

verbal enema posted:

lanky rear end nigga

verbal enema posted:

I was gonna call him Lanky Kong but idk if that is racist or not

Maybe neither of these.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I'm here for the Cool Buff Man reaction.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Cool Buff Man delivers.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
He's signing with the Kings.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
gently caress outta here with that double dip 2014 tweet troll

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
So mad that I was late to the Bobby Bonilla joke.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Not sure this solves any of the Celtics problems against Cleveland, but it's not like this mortgages their future at all.

Personally I hoped he'd sign with Miami because the storyline of LeBron facing a formidable Heat team in the playoffs would be super interesting. Oh well. The conference remains Cleveland Boston Washington-kinda Milwaukee-soooorta and then a literal tire fire.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I'm about to go into cancer surgery, here's to hoping the knicks would improve today too. Humor me in what non dolan ways the knicks could get better this offseason

Vanilla Mint Ice, you will beat this cancer thing. Because you must outlive Dolan, to see the day the Knicks are competently run once he's gone. Don't let him win!

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Cool Buff Man posted:

Dion Waiters still sucks even though he's very likeable

CB Man it strikes me that the inverse is true, he's actually better than you might think (or at least was in 46 games last season) in spite of his unlikable personality (although his Players Tribune article won me over).

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
All that jpeg is missing is a toasted Tracy McGrady and it's a masterpiece.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

The mug is mean but the tiny superfluous third arm is just plain goofy

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
The stupid loving Knicks. Jesus god gently caress my face.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

WhyteRyce posted:

I've seen KD act. He's not good at it

How dare you desecrate the brilliant performance Kevin Durant put in advertising Doo Doo Jump.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Hey, the Spurs got a guard with the last name Paul after all

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Spacebump posted:

I'm about to get one of these two shirts, which one is better?

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1172743-half-man-half-a-nation
or
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1710818-lued-and-lascivious?store_id=92464

I'm thinking the Iverson one but the VC one also owns.

The AI one is great, but the VC one looks like Trump is in on it?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Am I crazy or does Rose not fit at all in Cleveland? He's ball dominant on offense and plays less than zero defense, which is like the exact opposite of what the Cavs need at his position. I mean, unless he's willing to play 10-15mpg off the bench whenever LeBron is resting, but I don't see him willing to do that, especially if Kyrie is traded and that starting spot opens up.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Nail Rat posted:

If he wants to stay healthy that's exactly what he should do.

He played 32.5mpg in 64 games last year, so I'm not sure he'd buy that argument.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Kyrie to replace Giannis on the Greek national team CONFIRMED

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I prefer the one with the question as old as time itself: Who the gently caress is Tingis Pingis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqVz7Hpq8WY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-OMNnTUsR4

• Locked thread