Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

morestuff posted:

Signing LeBron, a genius move by me. Only I can save the Clippers

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There are worse places to be than the #1 seed in your conference while holding a million billion picks over the next few years

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Space Camp fuckup posted:

The only reason it's so easy to make fun of Ainge is he leaks everything he's going to do, might do, and would have done but didn't. He's like that weird kid on the playground that talks too much and lies about everything. Great GM though.

He's the anti-Morey who never lets anything leak ever and the few times he even talks about future plans ("We have something up our sleeve") he follows through by trading for CP3

Also he trades picks away like they're going out of style (oh my god I just dated myself with that expression)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

http://hinkie.theringer.com Did you guys play the ringer Hinkie game. It's really funny, made me smile

pro click right here

e: I died at the powerpoint presentation and then NERLENS WAS TRADE FOR A FAKE 1ST lmao

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 30, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

vaginal facsimile posted:

Attention Dejan Bimble:

Falling Down remake looking good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Are we entering the cap space is very important NBA, or re-entering? Have we entered? Is Jrue going to make 150m dollars?

I love Thom Browne and all but they should be paying me to wear it and not Dwanye Wyade and his lawfully wedded wife

I lost it at the third collar joke

http://hinkie.theringer.com/

I loved collecting second round picks to refresh health

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

He's right. You go on air and your dumb cousin bombs because she said "toast" for "what is a popular thing to eat for dinner" and now everyone hates her for costing the family a vacation. Or you win and the family can't decide on where to go because Aunt Shelly wants to go on an Alaskan cruise and your sister Deborah wants the Caribbean and both refuse to budge

The first person gets 160 points with all the #1 answers and the second person says all the same answers but gets flustered at the buzzer and says "car" for favorite place to go on a date and ends up getting like 14 points total

e: Basically that Always Sunny episode where they go on the show

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 30, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/880872097475551233

So this is what its like for random free agents to want to actually come play for your team

Too bad he'd have to settle for half of that and not be a starter to actually come to Houston so it's not happening

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Rockets have been trying to pry Rubio away for like a decade and that's all it takes to get him?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Jeff Teague is my favorite "PG that people think is better than he actually is"

Thanks to now being my team's starter, CP3 is mine

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Absent the CP3 trade I'm wondering if the Rockets could have beaten the George trade and kept Bev somehow

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It'll be fun when either Westbrook's numbers take a huge dive or George gets super frustrated by Westbrook's ballhogging

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope that's true

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh Dwight...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

America's proud tradition of being staunchly anti-labor

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

!!!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guess it's just the implication. He gets an offer, then cancels the rest of his meetings. Could just as easily be the Warriors though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I could see it being a go out and test the market and we'll work something out based on that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Being able to have CP3/Ariza/Iggy on the floor when clinging to a lead in crunchtime would be dope

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yeah I don't think the Rockets can beat the Warriors $-wise, but I could be wrong.

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/881240741183242240

The post you quoted also made me realize that Always Sunny has forever tainted the word "implication" for me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

Warriors to offer Iggy something in the range of 3 years 40 million supposedly

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/07/01/warriors-to-meet-with-andre-iguodala-offer-him-a-three-year-deal/

Yeah figured it was probably too good happen

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Why is there a stick or line on the May 2017 photo?

Looks like some kind of string with a weight on the end

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

Iirc the original had something about how he was assymetric and not working out his non dominant side correctly. Something like that (bullshit probably)

The lighting alone can account for that lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q56

Apparently money after the age of 38 is considered likely to be post-retirement and counts towards the cap for the years pre-38

or something I dunno

e: Oh I guess the change was that they altered it from age 36 to age 38. But Nene's 34 so the last year reduces the amount of money they can offer him overall as a non-bird free agent. They can still give him more money via one of their exceptions but then they wouldn't have it for someone else.

also what

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881249660614057984

Also it was changed to 38 right when it would allow CP3 and LeBron to sign one last supermax. Lol

Guess who the President and VP of the NBAPA are

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 2, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If someone is saying "Hey I'm going to trade George for Oladipo and Sabonis, can you beat that?" it's probably not a bluff, it's a desperate cry for help

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh my god

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Who was the guy that said Iggy was totally gonna get 20M+ AAV?

If it was a Warriors fan then he's probably fine with the turn of events

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

edit:

PJ Tucker to Houston. 4/$32.

Backcourt looking good

Frontcourt is oof

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Point God already paying dividends

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yay :unsmith:

Did this just cost them their bi annual?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

I like the PJ Tucker signing, and I'm really glad they managed to keep Nene. I wouldn't have been surprised if he was a little peeved after they screwed up his contract offer and then used the MLE on Tucker.

I will be interested in whether PJ Tucker can up his 3 point game here. He's never taken many.

The Rockets are basically tapped out now, unless they can trade Anderson for a S&T free agent or Carmelo An:thunk:thony. Solid offseason.

They can keep their MLE is they S&T Tucker for a bunch of their non guarantees right?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

verbal enema posted:

69 unread posts

Nice

Not any more!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

I can't say I share your enthusiasm for all porter, I think that 4%2p and 7%3p jump is a fluke and I think we watched different dudes on defense, he's...fine. Mostly adequate

I hope all these Pacers trade rumors are true and Pritchard passed up not one or two but like a half dozen better deals because he has a weird grudge list

Celtics: dickhead
Blazers: fired me
Rockets: city has unpleasant weather
Lakers: possible gay???
Cleveland: once had a bad taco there

Eh the Rockets didn't have the assets to beat the OKC offer after the CP3 trade

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I am in no way interested in trading for Melo on his current contract

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LAC lost CP3 because of Austin Rivers lmbo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Miami?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

tanglewood1420 posted:

Cleveland
Boston
Toronto
Milwaukee
Washington
Charlotte
Miami
Detroit

Would be my prediction. But the 7th and 8th seeds are going to be wide open, genuinely anyone in the conference could get into the playoffs, even Brooklyn.

Indiana? :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So someone's telling me that as of July 1 non-guaranteed salaries no longer count in balancing out trades? Makes me wonder why the Rockets are still hanging onto some of the guys they bought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dwight Howard is the piece to put this team over the top is a bold statement in 2017

• Locked thread