Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

leftist heap posted:

I know it's gonna be boring and nobody will care but Portland almost certainly is going to move someone with their picks and I am really excited to see it.

I care so much. I know Paul Allen's not there, but I keep looking out my window at work at the moda center trying to will him to action. I can't wait for Meyers and Turner to be gone. I'm still hoping they can swing a CJ for a star trade. What's up Kristaps??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Crabbe Turner and a pick or two for PG c'mon Neil Olshey

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I need some news or at least rumors about the Blazers to occupy me. Otherwise I'm gonna write way too many words in a basketball thread about racial identity/self identifying/looking like that and saying you're anything other than white.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Please let LMA get traded to the Kings. The greatest gift

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I love Tim Frazier and he deserves better than this.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

He is going to a home seed playoff team?

But he won't get to play with Cousins and Davis so why bother

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Outside of the possible Porzingis trade, is there anything else that could happen tomorrow?

Blazers better do something with their 3 1st round picks and 2 awful contracts!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Some blazers fans here were hilariously nonchalant about those signings last year, saying things like "who else is there to spend money on?" while everyone else was suggesting that there might be a free agency next season too

I was never okay with the Turner or Crabbe or Meyers signings.

Also lol if true

https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/6/22/15855038/lamarcus-aldridge-wants-out-san-antonio-spurs-espn-stephen-a-smith

E: I'd be okay trading CJ. Everyone besides Lillard and maybe Nurkic are expendable to me.

zelah fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 22, 2017

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

My petty dream is for LMA to get traded to a non-contending team. If that ends up being Portland then that's some real monkey paw poo poo

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Portland has 3 picks and who Miles?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Portland will absolutely pay Nurkic if he keeps up his 2016-17 form.

Also I know I'm a homer but Crabbe and 2 1sts isn't that far off for a season rental of PG. I don't think many teams are offering much more. Tho I think Harkless, Ezeli and 2 firsts makes more sense.

I feel like I'm Harkless blind. He seems good and capable of being way better, but I could be making it up.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

That's exactly how I feel. There were times last year where he played great and then he would disappear for 5 games. I have no idea what his actual value is.

I think Meyers moved my bar down to "are you actively embarrassing on the floor" and Harkless is never really that. I'm either excited about what he's doing or I don't notice him, but I'm never worried that he's going to comically gently caress up.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

big boi posted:

Cavs could also trade TT, but that boy ain't a Spur

Edit: Kevin Love could do a pretty good accent and pretend to be a Euro. He already looks like one???

Uh, Kevin Love is not ugly

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

relax man, you're stressing me out. Here are some things to keep in mind

• Luxury tax is calculated at the end of the season
  • Blazers are going to be in the tax no matter what this year. Whether they are $20m over or $5m over doesn't really make a difference as it still starts the clock on the repeater tax
  • Turner, Crabbe and Leonard would have to try pretty hard to drop their value lower than it is today
  • No one wants to take on salary right now because everyone wants to sign big name free agents or make big trades to make a run at the playoffs. Things will be different at the trade deadline when teams blow it up and are willing to take on salary

I'm so disgusted. Hopefully Lillard is still good once a decent team can be built around him again.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

So is this how Lonzo fixed his shot?

I'm living for this. The amount of people defending it on twitter saying that "he's not contractually obligated to wear BBB so this is fine" is perfect and beautiful.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I really hoped that they would actually fall apart during an NBA game, but this is the next best thing.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Kinda got Rob Dyrdek face

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

BWV posted:

As much as I hated Rose I still love that he jammed with both hands. Not enough people dunk with two hands for safety in transition like that. A double handed stuff is the best.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Caleb Swanigan was named first team summer league and his avatar on twitter is SSJ2 Gohan. He is my son.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Portland:
White
Black
S.A.D. lamp
Warriors Jersey

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Let this happen. Why not

https://twitter.com/blazerfreeman/status/887783125849325570

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

leftist heap posted:

Meyers Leonard is putting in the work yall

Imagine falling for a Meyers Leonard pump fake, lol

The best was the Blazers retweeting it and then the amount of people who couldn't see it due to being blocked. I really think Meyers' wife searches his name and starts blocking people (it would happen mid-game). I don't think I ever @'d him but it doesn't look like it matters.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

gently caress all this food nonsense. Find like 3 places you like to eat out and just go there. Catch me at Ole Ole, Jam on Hawthorne, or Cubo de Cuba and nowhere else. They're all within a mile and a half of my house and I'm getting out between $4 and $12.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Ohio doesn't deserve nice things

but Jesus Christ LA deserves even less

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Will always love Boogie

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Trade Nurkic, Vonleh, Turner, buncha picks from Portland to New Orleans for Boogie. That would be my best timeline.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Literally any other player I would believe has an intern or pr person mess up. Literally any other person except KD. The snake. The coward.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Markieff Morris got a sports hernia carting the huge wheelbarrow full of gold coins he and his brother are paying the two guys that are taking the fall for beating that guy

How many years do those guys stand to serve you think? What would be your rate in such a situation? 150k/year? 200k? I feel like I could do like 3 years/450k

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

G: Damian Lillard has a new single with Lil Wayne

V: it's fine. I don't care. I just want Melo in Portland.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Wait who is DMC, I thought that was boogie

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

It is completely possible to enjoy basketball for the sick dunks and for when people do a dribble that makes someone fall over.

Stats exist for whatever you want, but do not feel obligated to engage with them ever, at all, if you don’t want to. Watch a bunch of games, if any players or jerseys or dunks stick out to you, that can be your team, then just hope they win and do cool stuff. That’s all you need to be a basketball fan.

E: and you’re going to need to get really mad at referees too

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

First PFZ now Bashez? This off-season has been cataclysmic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

We didn't realize it at the time but that concussion allowed Love to unlock Ultra Instinct by removing his ability to think about what he was doing.

Couple pages back but I want you to know that I see you, you loving nerd.

Also I’m glad that Spurs fans seem upset about the LMA extension because I’m still a petty Portland fan.

• Locked thread