Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Libertine posted:

A cat from the cat center could coach GSW to a title.

I've got two cats that are ready to start their NBA coaching careers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RaySmuckles posted:

thanks? :shrug:

i was just lucky that as a kid that i picked david robinson as my favorite player and then the spurs got duncan like 5 years later.

anyway, if anyone wanted to see a picture that perfectly encapsulates why everyone in the world should hate the warriors now here you go:

gently caress the warriors

gently caress whoever made this picture.

PG's number is now 13 :colbert:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ammanas posted:

i said a favor dude lets not go crazy with this ok
like if he wants help moving or ill pick up the tab or something

No I'm pretty sure we all consider this a Life Debt. :toxx:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

The SituAsian posted:

Is it better for the Celtics to go for it now by signing Hayward and maybe adding Jimmy or try to build around Fultz, Jaylen Brown and the 2018 pick?

I might be late to this discussion, but do the Celtics even need Butler?

I think IT/Fultz/Hayward/Horford/etc is a pretty good lineup to have.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

The Duggler posted:

I think they need to try and ship IT while his stock is high, his offensive production is great but he is basically putting his team through a 4v5 on one half of the ball.

Plus if they start calling his carries, he is going to be really screwed on the other end as well

If they can get a good pick and a defensive big for IT, I'd do it. Fultz/Bradley/Hayward/Horford/new big guy.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

If Blake could stay healthy for a year I would be on board. I love his passing

Who would you rather have?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Griffin for a win now attempt, Hayward for a more stable future. I would love either one obviously and the chances are against signing either of them so it's more about which one would play for Boston

Well I'm a Butler man and I feel like you have a really good chance at getting Hayward. The fact that his college coach is now an NBA coach is just something that can't be ignored. If the choice was mine, I'd focus on getting Hayward, trade IT, draft Fultz, and build around that. Hayward is only 27 and Stevens is a younger coach too. Focus on making their run the season after next.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Niwrad posted:

I officially did not renew my Bulls tickets today. The sales person sounded pretty desperate so I'm guessing season ticket sales are way down. I did say I would renew if they fired GarPax which she thought was me making a joke.

This is hilarious.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

euphronius posted:

3 pick to Indiana
Pg to cle
Love to philly
Whatever else needed to make it work under the cba.

Who says no .

Me.

Tae posted:

Also James McAdoo was going to play but was only stopped because he didn't want to interrupt David West's flow. So thank you, David West for preventing another disaster.

David West's flow is his "AND-1"

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Edit: loving post is not edit.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Well it's a moot point because right now I think Indiana is going to ride this upcoming season out with him and hope that he gets All-NBA next year. I don't see another team offering a high first for him because of the fact that he can leave after next season.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Tae posted:

I'm going to be kinda really annoyed if Paul George gets way less than Cousins in a trade

Pacers should just throw whatever they have to at NO to get Cousins. PG/Turner/Cousins? Oh hell yeah.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

And Magic has strongly implied that the Lakers are waiting till summer 2018 when he's a FA.

And Magic is the one dumb motherfucker that I could see trading for PG this season because he's just a dumb motherfucker. But I've been wrong many times before, so I wouldn't be shocked if a trade of some sort did happen.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Tae posted:

The offseason is the most exciting because it's not about the signings as much as seeing how long-standing teams like the Cavs and Clippers deal with horrific cap situations with no way to improve on talent.

What exactly are the Clippers with no assets, letting JJ Reddick walk, and then maxing out CP3 and Blake? Will Wesley Johnson finally see the light of day after randomly getting the full MLE?

Yes let JJ walk so the Pacers can sign him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

attackmole posted:

I can tell you that Rik Smits/Reggie Miller was my NBA Jam team because I was 'that kid'.

MY MAN!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Noooooooooooooo!!! God drat you, Metapod!!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Monta Ellis have it all.

Apparently he can't according to the NBA!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I dunno. Neither Magic or Bird seem to be good at their jobs

An early look at 2018 has the top picks being Doncic and a slew of bigs. I'd rather have Fultz now than gamble next year

Bird isn't in charge anymore.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I am currently arguing with an idiot Pacer fan on Facebook who thinks it's a great idea to trade PG AND Thad Young for Love. Then he thinks Hayward is coming to Indy and that we'll roll out a starting lineup of Teague/CJ Miles/Hayward/Love/Turner. He also wants to draft Swanigan with our first rounder.

Good. Lord.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MourningView posted:

I feel very confident in predicting that this dude is also one of those IU fans who thought Stevens would leave the Celtics to coach for them. People in Indiana really overestimate how badly people from there want to go back.

I dunno. Maybe. The fact that he wants Swanigan's fatass leads me to believe he's a Purdue guy. But yes, the average Indiana sports fan is a moron.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Paracaidas posted:

He's probably got a better chance at a title at IU, to be honest.

I still believe if he didn't leave for the NBA, Butler would have landed Trey Lyles and Trecon Blueitt and have a chance at a title with Stevens at the helm.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hahahahaha gently caress this god drat franchise.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

What's the worst place to trade him? Just send him there so he has to suffer for a year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Okay friends, I need a new team now. I'm thinking of the 76ers.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Let's do it

Let's Trust The Process!!

Eltoasto posted:

Let's do it

Let's Trust The Process!!

Athanatos posted:

What in the entire history of the NBA Pacers makes you think they know what they are doing or will make decisions that improve the team? Enjoy games, watch cool plays and players while they are forced to be here, if they make the playoffs that's a bonus. This aint a Championship chasing team.

gently caress that, send him somewhere awesome for cheap so he can get some rings. He is fun as gently caress to watch and deserves some happiness. He sure as hell has given me a few years of it.

Oh I know this franchise won't ever win a title. But drat I at least want them to consistently make the playoffs and do cool stuff.

I'm on the fence with PG because Bird really hosed things up and acts like a huge rear end in a top hat. PG didn't deserve that.

But then he doesn't do himself any favors by acting like a childish bitch half the time. Or telling everyone he's focused on winning championships in Indiana and playing here and then two days later having your agent leak this poo poo.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 18, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

At least I still have Lance.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

chunkles posted:

Paul George would be good on the Rockets.

I mean they don't have poo poo to trade for him, but a man can dream, a man can dream.

Could you make your heckling of Zhou Qi constructive, like maybe try and convince him to eat a sandwich??

The Rockets would continue to be my western conference team if he went there.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Sure Cleveland. Send us TT. Thompson and Turner would form the Two Towers and gently caress Gondor's poo poo up.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

They gotta match salaries so some has to go. They have no one expiring with a big contract and no assets except post Lebron picks. Dumping Kyrie or Love would be the only option unless Pacers like the idea of a TT Turner froncourt and that seems extremely lateral to me. Don't see it happening, but maybe TT plus a far future pick and Phoenix gets a second for Chandler? Far fetched

I wouldn't mind TT. I might be the only one though. I've always thought Turner was more a natural 4 than a 5, especially as his jumper improves.

I'd laugh my rear end off if we trade PG and then go out and sign Hayward.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Well what's the one better for Cle? TT for PG or Love? Wouldn't Love have to play the 5 if they ship off TT?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

euphronius posted:

Really want the sixers to get in on love .

Sixers can take him into space which may be valuable .

You can have PG

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

chunkles posted:

yet who among us does not...let he who is without sin cast the first stone

I'm the one who does the farting

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Paracaidas posted:

Kris Dunn + Bjelica for PG.

(not a serious proposal)

:frogout:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Love has been absolute garbage against the Warriors the last 2 years, so I can see the Cavs interest if they feel like a winning team would keep PG around, which I bet it would. As for Indy getting Love, well he's a white star player so they'd like it, but he'd be a terrible fit next to Turner. Just trade him to whatever team with cap room will give you the best pick and throw all your money at Hayward. When that doesn't work, do a full rebuild. That's my plan but the owners won't do that because rebuilds mean no money.

Yeah I really wish Simon would just kick the bucket already.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I will laugh my rear end off if these talks between the Cavs and Pacers result in Magic trading away the #2 for PG.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

morestuff posted:

Just looking at their history, Indy would absolutely chase a 30-win season.

Yeah dude I would be shocked if the franchise ever tanked. That's just because in addition to Simon being a cheapass, he's also a moron. Look at what happened after the malice in the palace: didn't tank and eventually we ended up with Granger who was picked 17th in '05. PG was drafted 10th. They haven't had a Top 5 pick since '86.

Now as a Butler man who has liked how Hayward has grown, I would not mind chasing him. Especially if we can flip PG for a player and a first for this year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Well I never stated that he was for sure coming here. Yeah he's probably not coming here. I wouldn't unless I wanted to come home.

I just said I wouldn't mind the franchise chasing him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

some dude on ESPN suggested Saric, Okafor, and picks for Jeff Teague and Paul George

how the mighty have fallen

Well how is that going to work? Teague is a free agent. They might as well just sign him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If Indy is dumb enough to try to make the playoffs without PG, I would guess they would try to sign a couple role players and then re-sign Teague and Miles. But that would likely put them in an even worse position. If you thought Turner, Parsons, and Biyombo's contracts were bad, just wait until you see how much Dion Waiters would need to move to Indy and play on a team centered around Teague/CJ Miles/Lance/Thad/Myles and Big All.

I think Pritchard is too smart to try to re-sign Teague and CJ Miles. I expect a full rebuild.

Simon won't allow it. They have never tanked. They'll re-sign both and go after Hayward so they can show the fans that they tried and it's all PG's fault and not theirs.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Someone is a bit cranky that they chose MCW over the Lakers pick.

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/876822079554945024

Trust The Results doesn't sound as catchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

That is a loving Hinkie-rear end Sam Hinkie Trade

The Spirit of Hinkie lives on.

Also with those protections, the trade is absolutely terrible for the Celtics and I cannot believe they made it.

This is what happens when you keep on Trusting The Process.

• Locked thread