Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

i can PERSONALLY guarantee you it was not steph

it was definitely zaza or (irl trump fan) andre iguodala

euphronius posted:

I think the one thing I learned from that playoffs and finals is that Kevin love is really good.

He's come a long way since being a 6'5" doofus who gets in the way

He's a legit 6'10" now and is all over that court in positive ways

For the playoffs he shot 45% from 3 on 6.2 attempts and had a 29.7 drb%

which is gonna make the trade talks super weird and stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

BWV posted:

I think it was Steph. He probably says he disagrees with Trump's policies but respects the office deeply and want's to hear "both sides" of the argument.

Nah Steph was With Her, is deeply troubled by Trump's tendencies & opposes the Republicans attempt to dismantle the ACA

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Oh no the techbros won (as they go back to their 120k programming jobs living in a literal perfect climate) a championship!!!!!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

yo dejan i don't have pms so ill just put this out but you let me know about ASTYM for my achilles injury like 2 weeks ago and i've been doing that poo poo at home and it is like a loving miracle

i can walk almost normally now in tennis shoes w/ a heel lift, just a slight hitch in my gait and i hope to see continued improvements

by the law of the desert i am your man now, ask a favor of me and u shall have it

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Man I must have read 50 achilles recovery blogs and no one talked about soft tissue massage but most of them are focused on surgery rehab which wasn't really applicable. Only ONE site mentioned blunt force damage and that was still about surgery. Its more a failure of my health care provider in sum. Surgical podiatry, regular podiatry, and rehab were all loving useless to me. Physical therapy had no one to do soft tissue work, they recommend I go outside (wtf am i paying for??)

At least my surgical pod gave me time off to recover.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

its kind of a marvel to me because i remember watching the warriors in like '13 and '14 and being like, hey this scrappy team is cool and going to be pretty good once they overcome their injury problems.

really, they should be even more widely appreciated because up until last year and their 73-9 season they really were a built not bought team that did everything right. but starting last year, or even mid the year before they started to get insanely hyped by the media and their players started becoming increasingly off-putting and i just found myself hating them. then they added kevin durant and ruined the west, which is unforgivable.

I just want to say, as a relatively new shitposter in this here dead basketball forum, RaySmuckles is someone I admire for his Takes. His Takes are genuine with just a hint of spice, exactly how I like my burritos. I don't even mind he's a Spurs fan, which is the milquetoast basketball fandom but shows a true appreciation for the sport. Thank you for the opportunity and the blessing of your posts

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

thanks? :shrug:

i was just lucky that as a kid that i picked david robinson as my favorite player and then the spurs got duncan like 5 years later.

anyway, if anyone wanted to see a picture that perfectly encapsulates whey everyone in the world should hate the warriors now here you go:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVQ-tUrAxcW/?hl=en

gently caress the warriors

after i paid you such a compliment you go and say such hurtful things about golden state, cmon man they didn't make that stupid rear end image, BR did

zoux posted:

What's the league's rationale for moving the awards announcement to the end of June, because to me it seems stupid.

Continued Interest in NBA Product Over Time

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

That's fine I partially agree with both points even if I am a fairweather bandwagon fan

KD is a mama-boy-bitch but he's one deadly basketball player and Im glad he's on the Warriors and there are a ton of reasons to hate the Warriors but I still like em, they represent Cali well

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

what are they gonna do with oracle when the warriors move to their stupidass downtown SF stadium

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Steph is infuriating though because he'll disappear at crucial junctures. I'm still mat at him, Festus Ezili and Steve Kerr for last year's finals, and this year isn't really a balm because the Warriors kinda cheated to win.

This is what I meant when I said this championship wouldn't act to rectify the scales of injustice: Instead of a rematch, the Warriors went and put their thumb on their side of the scale and pushed. But hey the Cavs didn't stay still, and you don't turn down the opportunity to win that Durant offers.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

dejan literally just acquired a life debt from his posting

i said a favor dude lets not go crazy with this ok
like if he wants help moving or ill pick up the tab or something

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

you are morgan freeman in that robin hood movie now im sorry

well i do have a pretty ballin scimitar

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

what the gently caress thats 3 pages in a row i did the first post
weird

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

chunkles posted:

the true competitor of the warriors, and all teams, is the inexorable march of time, the death and decay that is the inheritance of all mortal beings,

oh and also

https://twitter.com/fyrebear/status/874506149546143745

James Harden put on 10 pounds of PURE DEFENSE and worked out with Dikembe Mutombo

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

He's a max player, adds offense to your team and isn't a hurtful defender, opens the floor nicely for isaiah and should be able to shoot 3s from IT passes. Celtics would still need another superstar+ to compete with Cavs but adding Hayward unquestionably makes them 2nd best in the east.

A good center plus Jimmy Butler and, assuming IT comes back from surgery in top form, that's finally competition for Cavs

If you're the Celtics there's no question , you sign him the second you can

But do they also sign LOWRY?!?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Should the Celtics make a play for Nerlens Noel?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

pubic works project posted:

I might be late to this discussion, but do the Celtics even need Butler?

I think IT/Fultz/Hayward/Horford/etc is a pretty good lineup to have.

They would still need a good center imo and someone to cover for ITs black hole of defence

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Are we all glossing over the fact that Morey is about to trade for Carmelo or what

Usually GMs don't purposefully torpedo their franchise but mayhaps they do

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Are clubs free to make whatever moves they want now or is there a transaction window?

july 1 verbal agreements can be made, can begin signing july 6

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Boston would be wasting their time building a roster to beat the Warriors or Spurs or whoever is running the west. Build to beat Cleveland first.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Niwrad posted:

I officially did not renew my Bulls tickets today. The sales person sounded pretty desperate so I'm guessing season ticket sales are way down. I did say I would renew if they fired GarPax which she thought was me making a joke.

She is one cancelled season ticket holder away from getting fired, hope you're satisfied

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

No way in hell

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Windows owns though so whatever dude, ballmer is a goof but he's a good goof

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Zogo posted:

The notion that one can throw a bunch of guys with good numbers together and defeat LBJ in the playoffs. It isn't true. The 2017 finals was good evidence of that considering two elite MVPs (unlike anything found in the EC) were still threatened by LBJ.

You know if it weren't for the cavaliers going nuclear/being gifted 22 free throws in 11 minutes we would all be looking at this finals entirely differently. Over time I think the 2017 warriors win will be viewed as essentially inevitable

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

If he's building a whole new arena why doesn't he move the team to Seattle? Was there something in the contract about not moving it when he bought the team?

Also I agree with the Clippers feeling like the most soulless corporate team in the league w/r/t design and overall presentation

Relocation fees plus... Who the gently caress leaves LA for Seattle, even as second fiddle? Maybe in a few years if the franchise is cratering/the stadium deal sucks/Seattle is tossing $750 million at him

Imagine the luxury box opportunities in LA vs Seattle. Forget ticket sales, that's small potatoes.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Hmm lively culture, gorgeous landscapes and a near perfect climate vs shrimps and God's rear end in a top hat of a climate

Gosh I wonder why folks want to live in SF so much

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Shrimps, kudzu, racism and a delight in humidity is not culture

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I was wrong. This is actually the dumbest thing that I've read this morning.

We have so long to go still

Metapod posted:

Just wait he's about to say Californians don't have accents and there's no racism in San Francisco

Racism is everywhere friend, socal has nation-leading hate groups (Bakersfield and Orange County are basically the American south) and CA has some real bad white folk accents. My app is a fart detecting app so you can sniff em, I have VC backing for 3 million bux

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 15, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Not as bad as the thread title not being "Is Ian Sjumpert the worst"

no it should be 'Ian Sjumpert is the worst'

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'm late to the party but loving LOL at the idea that new york has a "perfect climate"

no one said that, learn to read

DeimosRising posted:

I mean look, the Celtics are not getting Hayward and Butler, so we'll never know.

are the rumors just to generate pageviews and maybe ensure Utah offers him his max? i dont know, im excited by the idea of boston actually making some moves, even though gently caress boston.

Ghost Dog posted:

this isnt to argue against your point, but the talk of playing low srs reminded me of something i looked up yesterday. Well really it reminded me of this: https://twitter.com/BruhReport/status/874822055723532288

haha this is awesome

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

BWV posted:

basketball is already good you jabronis

i dunno i could see losing 4 teams and not really feeling the lack

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

ex post facho posted:

the nba could eliminate:

- Nuggets
- Jazz
- Suns
- Grizzlies
- Bucks
- Timberwolves
- Pistons
- Magic
- Pels
- Hornets
- Raptors
- Nets
- Pacers
- Thunder
- Kings

disperse their talent to the other 15 teams and you instantly have a better league, full of stacked teams that would produce the best most competitive basketball youve ever seen

Nah that's too many, there are enough decent-to-good players to support more teams than 16 or whatever. like 24 feels pretty good

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Reduce the number of NBA teams while increasing D-league teams. This improves both the quality of pro play, increases the development of players, and gives more stratas of income an opportunity to see basketball.

Half of the teams of ex post facho's list could be development-level teams already. Stop wasting taxpayer money on stadiums for lovely teams (looking directly at the Sacramento Kings) too.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

If you could threaten Andre Drummond with being sent to a D-league team unless he shoots his free throws underhand, do you think he would?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Gambling, womanizing, sodomy, steroids and now murder?? Truly all legends and gods shall be torn down by our modern age and podcasts and blogs

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Man, the thread title just changed but this is so good

I dunno, seems to endorse the JW version of Jesus' death, not that tasteful imo

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

euphronius posted:

Exciting time to be a sixers fan

I will always remember you Tony Wroten, Brandon Davies , javalle mcgee

Just remember,
Joel Embiid will never play a full season
Plagued by knee and foot injuries until his rookie contract is up
The sixers dump him to Orlando

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Hey Morey I have an alternative, try talking to your coach about having a multi-faceted offense and maybe your team plays a lil defense now and then.

Re Paul George he's not exactly overrated...he played extremely well against the Cavs, that series was way closer than it deserved to be. He just bricked a couple game-ending shots and didnt have a chance to take one. If I'm the Cavs I keep Love though, I don't need another ball-dominant player clogging the midcourt....

That Gatorade commercial was perfect irony though, 2 missed game enders and a pass out of 1 lmao oops

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It's kind of funny that I'm going to look stupid for making fun of Magic's tweets of "Why don't the Lakers just sign all the great players?" because Paul George and Lebron are just going to show up.

God is so great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

The fate of the Republic lies with Gordon Hayward not signing with the Celtics, lmao

Somehow this offseason is still a distant third to last year and 2014

Nah the opposite needs to happen, Chaffetz's seat needs to go blue

I liked Hayward to the Celtics before, now i REALLY like it

• Locked thread