Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

sean10mm posted:

What NBA teams came close to the Warriors in terms of accumulating star power in a single season? It feels like there have been a ton of "great" teams that had 2-3 stars of varying levels and then some guys, but I can't really think of another example where a team was seen as such a blatant cheat code in the last 30 years.

I don't even feel like they cheated. They made wise pickups with vets, developed their own elite talent, and then finally added a piece because the first two steps allowed them a lot of cap space. It's no different than the Heat except it took them two years of the big 3 to add the vets. I see no difference between the Heat signing Lebron/Bosh while already having Wade and the Warriors picking up Durant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

sean10mm posted:

To be clear, I don't mean they literally cheated. I don't hate them for accumulating talent like they did. I just mean in terms of how subjectively unfair the roster was vs. everybody else in the league.

You do raise a good point. The Lebron led Cavs with two legitimate all stars is still clearly behind a team that had the unanimous MVP last year, two all stars, and a generational super talent in Durant. You'd probably have to go back to the Celtics and Lakers rivalries to see imbalance like that, especially when the Lakers got KAJ from the Bucks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Out of the long list of unbelievably irritating things to come out of reddit...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

Terrible offseason for the Knicks so far. Fran Fraschilla says KP won't resign as a FA and Pablo Prigioni turned down our offer to assistant coach to take a head coaching job off in Espana

interview with Fran: https://nypost.com/2017/06/15/the-high-ceiling-stud-knicks-should-be-praying-for-espn-expert/
really not much info in it. He wants Isaac at the 8, but he compliments Knicks scouting staff because they took Porzingis (all rumors were pointing to Mudiay I think?)

I wouldn't worry too much. Winning and good team vibes fixes everything. KP will probably re-sign when Phil Jackson is fired as a scapegoat. Good for Prigioni turning down an assistant coaching gig that will probably lead absolutely no where under the current regime. The NBA is filled with former players who will never head coach unless 10 guys retire ahead of them on their own team.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
So does Okafor finally, mercifully get traded?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nets getting ran better than the Knicks yea boi

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Seems like only yesterday they were convincing him to give up a franchise role in Dallas

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

FizFashizzle posted:

hey guys i checked carolinahuddle and

They're not wrong, it's just that the Hornets suffer from 2010-2015 Nuggetsyndrome where all their players are good but no ones great.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I might become a darker Knicks fan, one that lurks beneath MSG feasting on occasional tourists that wander into my subterranean lair

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

Yeah I mean when you've got a wife who loves NYC and kids to think about you really need to consider the stability of the household when you're making any big decisions lol

I remember all the reporting about the No-Trade Clause being at La La's behest because of her NYC roots

La La no longer runs that family Melo doesn't care anymore SHIP HIM

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I hope Phil is asking a king's ransom for KP and by that I mean I hope the Kings trade us their entire future for KP

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Josh Jackson, a guard, and one of their lottery firsts next year still doesn't feel nearly enough for KP

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

Lol if you don't think Zingis sees the jig from how they are treating Melo. And now himself now that he did one tiny act of defiance.

Not to mention an owner that doesnt give a gently caress about his org being run into the ground.

Melo got treated like gold by this organization. Dolan loves him.

His companies treat the customer like poo poo but they're pretty beneficial to work for (if you're not Charles Oakley). He just happens to be a terrible sports franchise owner that doesn't realize how much more publicity a bad basketball team gets over a bad internet provider. Zingis is fed up because the teams losing and Phil stuck him with Noah. I don't think it has a lot to do with him thinking that he's going to get chased out of town when he's old and busted.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

This man is guaranteed to be from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
guys the priestesses started singing dainas and flowers are being offered to the fire i think KP is getting traded

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cool Buff Man posted:

Really excited to watch the Suns next year. I see Jackson eventually being more of a leader than Booker because of their vastly different personalities and I think they're going to be a much more intense team on D

I dunno. Chriss is a foul monster and Booker blows on D. I didn't even get to watch Bender play last year because he sucked or was injured. Jackson's probably going to go through growing pains on offense too. I wouldn't be surprised if they're a bottom picking team again next year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

Dolan not giving a poo poo about the Knicks seems like a pretty great development. He cared a ton when Isaiah was running things.

I love it. Let him run around with his crappy blues band.

On the flip side the Knicks were somehow more successful with him running things.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

NickRoweFillea posted:

What would a Knicks exit interview even look like?

It involves MSG security and 59th street police

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Eltoasto posted:

I'm not a "Lebron to LA" doomsayer, but the only way I see him hesitant on that job is if he thinks Bron is leaving or Gilbert wants the payroll slashed.

E: https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/879119326812356608

What in the world would Denver want with Love?

Love next to Jokic would be insane why wouldn't they want that

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
CP3 and Harden on one team will bring on a change to free throw rules faster than any hack a shaq

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hey, let's wait til AFTER the draft to boot the guy we've been hanging our hat on for the last 3 years.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
gently caress my custom title is useless now god drat it why didn't we build a square instead of a triangle

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

Sam Dekker got some hype from Rockets fans last year but I assume that's just fans overhyping bench trash

He looks real goofy with the ball but has hops. I think he was included in the deal so the Clippers would take Sweet Lou instead of Gordon.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

If Frank tears his ACL and plummets out of the NBA it'd just be as if they traded their first rounder for some dumb vet again so no big deal

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kibner posted:

He's had two seasons with the Pels. And they underperformed both of them. Mainly because of health issues, but they still underperformed.

I kept saying he sucked all last year since he had no clue how to use his team before or after the Cousins trade and you kept telling me to give the team time to gel.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Further proving that the culture is the problem. It doesn't sound like there's ever a lot of conflicting opinions spoken aloud in the Knicks front office.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

PantsFreeZone posted:

PFZ was indefinitely suspended due to excessive use of Pepe. =(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Space Camp fuckup posted:

The only reason it's so easy to make fun of Ainge is he leaks everything he's going to do, might do, and would have done but didn't. He's like that weird kid on the playground that talks too much and lies about everything. Great GM though.

Ainge's style seems to be a wait and see approach because he knows nothing he can do at the present will win a championship. Like I highly doubt anything Morey is putting together will beat the Warriors and the Celtics themselves can't really do it even if they add PG3 and Heyward.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Indiana dumb, but possibly smart at the same time

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

E2M2 posted:

That OKC team is still not that good unless they can get a bench.

Ya they essentially are the same spot they were a few years ago but George instead of Durant. They can't even get a bench because of their cap space.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

After how every wing player put up amazing stats on the Heat last year Heyward will be a monster over there

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Strawberry Panda posted:

Hayward's wife also really wants to live somewhere warm.

It takes a while for 18 year old girls to learn how to dress in layers

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

I don't care if Joe Ingles is good or not, that name and that look makes me believe it's a terrible contract

His name is Jingles and Aussies call him Mad Joe. He was also a really good 3 and D guy last year and can pass a bit too. Good piece to have on a contender.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

verbal enema posted:

The IT banging into LeBron picture

I thought it was really cool when the nba let IT play with lebron

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

xbilkis posted:

This seems like an extremely good signing??? What's happening

I mean I guess I shouldn't be too effusive with my praise for a deep bench guy but still, Holiday is solid. Surprised the Knicks didn't match

He sucks?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
who says no http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yan29f4w

Im mad that the trade machine doesn't have cash considerations as an option

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

They signed two good veteran players who can help with locker room culture and development of their young players. There's really not a lot to get

They had a lot of money to splash. Too much money to splash. Shoulda spent more on Zbo type players before talking to Hill's agent who probably laughed and was like yeah you guys aren't strapped for cash right now, 19 mil per year please.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ammanas posted:

10 million a year for a dude that can play the least important half of basketball and is an outright liability in the most important half

I believe he's going to develop into a decent 3 and D guy. He was a PF his entire life so of course his offensive game is weird as gently caress in the NBA right now. 3 years of 10 mil a pop to see if he develops a 3 isn't that bad.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

Also Yeah Cubes is most assuredly gonna give Dirk a cushy do nothing VP job for the rest of his life.

Chandler Parsons also had a cushy job til he failed to close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hawks you better loving sign that sheet save my idiot franchise

• Locked thread