Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

i'm partial to LMNOP, that perfect flow... elemenopee...

sure i admit it's a veryy popular one, but it's popular for good reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
the pause between QRS and TUV

bird.

HIJK never gets the respect it deserves always overshadowed by EFG and WX

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
ABQ.... im a rebel :twisted:

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
Zed > Zee

alnilam

Jedrick posted:

Zed > Zee

was really mad when they changed it to zee for the american release cause they thought american audiences couldn't "handle" it, but you know what... they were probably right

Macnult

u, op

pogi

cookiemonster

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

my favorite letter is 'and'

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

pogi posted:

cookiemonster

Robot Made of Meat

My favorite part of the alphabet is when you get to the end, and it was Z all along, but nobody expected that.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

BrownianMotion posted:

HIJK never gets the respect it deserves always overshadowed by EFG and WX

this is what's up.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

pogi posted:

cookiemonster

*pointing to mostly left part of alphabet* and this region here is called the cookie monster formation, named for its discoverer

Impkins Patootie

Jedrick posted:

the pause between QRS and TUV

:hai:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

technology...has allowed us to go beyond

THE FINAL FRONTIER??

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
I only wish ampersand could've made the cut. Subtly complex but still undeniably powerful & should be voted in as 28th letter of the alphabet.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
Dr. Seuss did write "On Beyond Zebra!", though it's validity in the alphabetical canon is still wide open for debate. Some egghead at Columbia did get a one million dollar grant to study the matter, and said "It's plausible..." before snickering and finishing with "...but un-loving-likely."

----------------

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
I've always thought Ü was a happy looking fellow.

pogi

we should bring back Æ and Þ

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
I assigned genders among a spectrum to each letter as a kid and they still hold up

little munchkin
i don't like any part of the alphabet, op

----------------

precision

by VideoGames
DEF
JK

----------------

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
NO

Sensual Simian

summer jorts

that's more like it!

Twenty Four

The everything that is between Z and A.

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
Sign my petition to change J ("Jay") to J ("Jed").

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
Famous Canadian Hip-Hoppist, Jed-Zed.

16pcCutlerySet

deplorable

pogi posted:

we should bring back Æ and Þ

yeah actually they will
Now I know my ABCs/Won't you come and play with me

Starshark
I liked it when Big Bird sang the whole alphabet like it was just one word. Real game-changer.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
P, but only when it's silent

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
UV
my greatest weapon

DirtyBear

I like 'r'

Darkman Fanpage
just want to point out that lowercase D is literally a lowercase B flipped to face the other way. kind of bullshit.

Darkman Fanpage
tuv

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
Big fan of zyxwvut just in case I get pulled over wasted haha!

Starshark

Darkman Fanpage posted:

just want to point out that lowercase D is literally a lowercase B flipped to face the other way. kind of bullshit.

One of which is just 'q' upside down they're not even frickin' trying.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Through the years from time to time someone will offer up advice to have sexual relations with the letter "A". They will say "gently caress an A" and then someone else will occasionally say "No, gently caress a "B" because it's got 2 holes!" to which a third person will offer up the sagely wisdom to "gently caress a "Q" because it's got a tickler!" welp, that's my story about the alphabet.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

vanisher

The ABC song is clearly an attempt to lull our youth into a society complacent with mediocrity.

The whole song is sung to the twinkle twinlkle little star theme (don't even get me started on ttls), a song sung as a lullaby, to break concentration and encourage young listeners to zone out. It lumps a group of letters together (LMNOP) to obsficate and confuse learners. Its rhythmic sing song cadence encourages learning the letters in succession, which builds the memory to recall them only in succession, creating an imbalance in recall (versus learning say, numbers, which can be recalled easily in any order). Finally it creates a false impression of accomplishment at the end (now I know my ABCs).

Do we really know them? Unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Starshark posted:

One of which is just 'q' upside down they're not even frickin' trying.
And that one is just a backwards p!

• Locked thread