Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
op :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

vanisher posted:

The ABC song is clearly an attempt to lull our youth into a society complacent with mediocrity.

The whole song is sung to the twinkle twinlkle little star theme (don't even get me started on ttls), a song sung as a lullaby, to break concentration and encourage young listeners to zone out. It lumps a group of letters together (LMNOP) to obsficate and confuse learners. Its rhythmic sing song cadence encourages learning the letters in succession, which builds the memory to recall them only in succession, creating an imbalance in recall (versus learning say, numbers, which can be recalled easily in any order). Finally it creates a false impression of accomplishment at the end (now I know my ABCs).

Do we really know them? Unlikely.

so what you're saying is, it's better to not treat the letters as being in any particular numerical order?

like, when some Nazi says "Heil Hitler 14/88", we can say "you mean Heil Hitler, 14/QK?". And then we've cut racism in, like, half and things are better. I think this idea has legs.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

vanisher posted:

Its rhythmic sing song cadence encourages learning the letters in succession, which builds the memory to recall them only in succession, creating an imbalance in recall (versus learning say, numbers, which can be recalled easily in any order).
what does this even mean

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Why it's "elemeno", of course!

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

vanisher

Sham bam bamina! posted:

what does this even mean

Its a joke post

e: I was poking fun at how it's difficult to say the alphabet backwards, versus counting backwards, but my brain stopped working as I was writing the sentance

vanisher fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 15, 2017

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
proof that formal education systems hinder our evolution as a species....

LP0 ON FIRE

beep boop
i like "X" because you can scream this syllable out so loud

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
I really like the middle eight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
Probably LMNOP

Relevant:

https://youtu.be/g02WKrWjUgA

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread