Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you can still download and use windows 10 completely free. doesn't cost a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
windows 10 is bad

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

eric posted:

windows 10 is bad

it's not actually

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

it's because people can't really complain about broken untested beta software when it's free

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

windows ten is a Linux, and Linux is good

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

windows is a scrub linux, they should have gone with gentoo instead of ubuntu so people could get the full linux experience

you don't even have to configure your compiler flags in windows 10, weak

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

OldAlias posted:

windows ten is a Linux, and Linux is good

it's more of a runtime environment for ubuntu applications

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
windows 10 is an idea, a concept

it's no more real than the feeling of love

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Microsoft really is embracing free software :xd:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

you can still download and use windows 10 completely free. doesn't cost a thing.

no you cant.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i'm using my FREE copy of windows 10 right now!

well ok actually right this very moment I'm using my iPad while my computer installs updates and reboots.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

no you cant.

i helped my dad install his completely free copy of windows 10 last week. we didn't have to pay a cent.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you helped him pirate windows which is illegal.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
if it were any good people would pay for it

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Shaggar posted:

you could use unlimited 90 day trials of "windows virtual appliances" if the mark of shame is too much for you

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

windows 10 is the best windows yet

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

windows 10 is literally malware

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

akadajet posted:

thank you for the update op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm using windows 7 for enterprise on my work computer (dell optiplex)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

negative. it's fully genuine and activated copy of windows 10. no funny business

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

windows sales is funy business lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
osx is free (like beer and partially like freedom) thank you steve rip

burning swine
May 26, 2004

it's real bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

negative. it's fully genuine and activated copy of windows 10. no funny business

if you didn't pay for it then its not genuine.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
shagger hes about to logic trap you with the free disabled people version of windows 10 you goddamn noob

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that's not a free version of windows. you must already own windows to install it.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Shaggar posted:

that's not a free version of windows. you must already own windows to install it.

It's not possible to own Windows unless you are microsoft

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh excuse me, yes. you must have purchased a license of windows in order to be eligible for the windows 10 free upgrade.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Bloody posted:

windows 10 is the best windows yet

it's grown on me. i have to use win7 for work and there's a bunch of improvements i miss.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i can't believe windows 10 is free

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Does Windows 10 have any interesting features aside from being able to exploit the windows update channel to download itself?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it unstoppably sends all your personal data to Azure Cloud

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

windows 10 is the best windows yet!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

RISCy Business posted:

i can't believe windows 10 is free

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
windows 10 is on the loose

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
if windows were truly free nobody would own it. it would own itself and could go to strip clubs

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Gazpacho posted:

Does Windows 10 have any interesting features aside from being able to exploit the windows update channel to download itself?

emphatically no

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Gazpacho posted:

if windows were truly free nobody would own it. it would own itself and could go to strip clubs

im not owned im not owned windows 10 says as it slowly turns into a linux kernel

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Agile Vector posted:

im not owned im not owned windows 10 says as it slowly turns into a linux kernel

Agile Vector posted:

Agile Vector posted:

Agile Vector posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

:discourse:

• Locked thread