Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

akadajet posted:

you can still download and use windows 10 completely free. doesn't cost a thing.

eric posted:

windows 10 is bad

these both check out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
GNU\Windows is the best os

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
finally a os where you have the ui/ux of a windows and the linux sperging level of software development. win10 might just be the biggest WIN of the decade!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm using windows 7 for enterprise on my work computer (dell optiplex)

wifey bought a lenobo with win7 for Reasons and getting a clean install to activate was a PITA

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

im not owned im not owned windows 10 says as it slowly turns into a linux kernel

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Shaggar posted:

oh excuse me, yes. you must have purchased a license of windows in order to be eligible for the windows 10 free upgrade.

Actually you can apparently just skip putting in the license key, ignore the activation warnings, and it will just work as usual

So yeah its still free even if you don't have a Windows 7 license

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i have a coworker who has a legitimate license for windows 10 on his laptop but refuses to ever activate it out of principal.

it permanently has a little thing on the bottom corner asking him to activate lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

~Coxy posted:

wifey bought a lenobo with win7 for Reasons and getting a clean install to activate was a PITA

we have our own activation server

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
KMS is this weird dumpster fire that works pretty flawlessly.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
when is satya buying canonical

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I can't wait to run Microsoft Ubuntu for business Cortux edition R2 update 1

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

RISCy Business posted:

i can't believe windows 10 is free

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

status update: still completely free

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i dont like the creators update

win8.1u1 5ever

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

oh yeah, on my work computer i'm literally getting popup spam interruptions for the creators update

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Windows 10 is pretty good in spite of itself. Cortana and windows store apps are very bad but other than that it is just win 7 with some quality of life upgrades

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
windows 10 is ok.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I am on windows version 1511 (OS build 10586.633)

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

that is a very old version with a smaller number == bad!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

that is a very old version with a smaller number == bad!!

I don't look a gift os in the mouth

• Locked thread