Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Someone on reddit put together a brief guide to get emulation working again and it's been a lifesaver for me. I literally finished grinding what I needed from Honnoji by a hair due to Nexus 7 load times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pureauthor posted:

I will whale like a crack-addicted consumer whore for english JAlter.

Would you burn like a witch for JAlter?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I managed to get Melt, Passionlip, and Kiara with only a couple of ten-rolls and a lot of free tickets. My luck in English FGO will never be as good.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

So do we all agree now that Mordred is the best saber now?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Endorph posted:

i rated stheno higher because stheno at least has camelot, while marie has basically no scenarios where she shines outside of being a 4* body in the rider class (and all she really has over Medusa is being harder to kill)

She's got her hat.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stairmaster posted:

thats all men are good for

I was going to say the good doctor but he is mission control

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tired Moritz posted:

...why does cucu caster complain about not being a lancer so they can beat saber if saber >> lancer?

It's also something of an injoke. Outside of FGO, classes do tend to have trends that can be exploited by other classes but it's not a game mechanic, and Lancer is more or less Cu's signature class given his legend. It's also a joke because his lancer form has terrible luck and he's basically the chew toy in a lot of side-material.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stairmaster posted:

how are they expected to win a holy grail war anyways

just make a huge doomfort?

HGWs aren't level playing fields.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tae posted:

I'm assuming buffs don't stack?

Buffs hella stack.

I've been ripping through the hardest difficult raid encounters in the current JPN event with Raiko and double Merlin (one from support) at max skills and it's hilarious to just pile on the buffs and regen. Short of a fluke round where the boss just whacks the same person three times along with a crit, the regen from multiple Merlin NPs just fully heals them.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pureauthor posted:

I have rolled every single available 5* at this point.

Except Waver.

The game mocks me.

Who wants an account with Jeanne, Emiya and Atalanta? If possible I'd like to trade for a Waver account.

I'd take that account, but I don't have anything to give you in return.

Vengarr posted:

Is there a gameplay reason to hold out for a non-waifu/husbando character? It seems like with the way the support system works you could just friend someone with Waver/Jeanne if you really needed them for an event, no?

What shows up in your support list isn't always the most consistent. Nothing stops you from updating or loving around until the right person shows up though.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vengarr posted:

I thought people on your friends list always show? I've been driving SpaceDrake's Vlad3 around Fuyuki like I just robbed a liquor store.

Just drawing on my experience from the JPN version and it may be because I'm almost capped on friends there.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I don't have time to go reroll. I'm already really satisfied with what I have in JPN that the English release is basically just a bonus lap for me. I'll be happier if I pick up servants that I wanted but never got in JPN but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Nate RFB posted:

I wonder if it's worth hoarding the tickets for rateups or whether most players just do that with quartz.

It's RNG, baby.

I rolled a bunch of 5-stars during the CCC event using about 20 tickets.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vengarr posted:

What's the difference between Prototype Cu and F/SN Cu?

And can Jeanne carry my rear end through the 40 AP treasure daily or is it just the Ember one? She actually got crit to death my first time doing the embers and I had to burn all my Command Spells :negative:

A bunch. Treat every servant as different no matter what connections they may have with one another. Proto Cu is from Fate/Prototype while Lancer Cu is the one we all know and love.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stagger_Lee posted:

I read the Faq but still have a dumb q. Is it worth it to complete each daily each day for the mana prism, or do I only do the highest level I can?

Once you can comfortably clear 30/40, you do 40 once and then grind 30 for silver exp to burn.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tae posted:

Wow coincidence. I impulse ticketed for a summon and got jeanne as well.

I used up all my luck, havent I

You have more luck the more quartz you spend.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Dr Pepper posted:

Man why do Rulers cost literally three times the amount of materials to ascend.

Like, OK, a mix of different class tokens, that's fine. But it's the same number of each token. I can ascend three Servants.

Because they exist outside the standard seven classes. They only recently added a slot for EXTRA servants in the Japanese version.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

MotU posted:

is there any reason to save friend points like a FOU FEST or something like that where we get better poo poo out of the FP Gacha? I get like 4k-6k a day right now so idk if I should hoard them

Events always throw out a 3-star CE that gives some sort of benefit in the event, like +1 event drops for the lowest tier of event currency, while the 4/5-star event CEs give the higher tier currencies. One of the standard tips is to get 3-4 3-star event CEs so you can build up a decent bit of currency right from the start of the event.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

MotU posted:

And those come from Friend Points? I assume it won't be an amazing drop rate since these things seem to pour in. I did 4 10 Rolls today and I already have 3600 more points

thx Vlad

Yes. 3-stars aren't exactly common draws from the FP gacha but FP is freeeeee.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

You guys are in the middle of grinding because you've got nothing else to do. Of course it sucks.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

cyxx posted:

Speaking of prisms, is it worth it to get the fous? There's 40 total at 15 prisms so 600 prisms each time it resets. Seems like a pretty heavy investment and a lot of ap.

I don't know in terms of MAXIMUM OPTIMIZATION but you can basically max out a servant's fou stats by purchasing a full stack of both.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Randallteal posted:

Well, that's 120 quartz and about 10 summon tickets dropped on the Gil banner, and only one 5* card (CE Heaven's Feel) out of the bunch. I think I've been spoiled by the drop rates in FIre Emblem Heroes and DBZ Dokkan Battle.

That's too small a sample size.

Alternatively, I took your luck.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Marogareh posted:

All I want from this game in the future is that they update everyone's old attack animations.

The sprite artists are pretty drat good for this game, especially because they have to adapt a ton of different characters with different art styles to have a similar enough one for the gameplay.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Thuryl posted:

Kinda. You can only play on a single device at any one time, but you can use a code to transfer your account between devices. It'd be a bit of a pain to have to do that on a regular basis, though.

It's also possible via multiaccount stuff but not everything works. What's worked for me is multiple profiles on Google Android devices (A Nexus 7 2013 specifically) but apparently not a lot of devices have that enabled anymore for a bunch of reasons. There's also apps that do it but DW's been messing around in the JPN version and not everything works. Android profiles work specifically because you're installing a second instance of the game in the second profile's partition.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

NRVNQSR posted:

As a whole I'd say Karna's looks the best by far. Nero's is a good picture of whatever the heck that outfit is, at least?

Nero and Tamamo are wearing their temp power-up outfits from Extella.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

W.T. Fits posted:

I watched the First Order OVA the other day, and it made me sad that Caster Cu Chulainn's attack animations aren't anywhere near as cool as his attacks in the anime were.

RUNES, MOTHERFUCKER! DON'T EVEN NEED TO CHANT!

It's also the only time he just wins, period. No mutual eliminations, no wins but dies, etc. The only time Cu Chulainn just unequivocally wins is when he's not a lancer.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Altera is pretty cool. Too bad her art wasn't updated to the Extella look in higher def.

She does get a sprite update later but the card art's from the original artist. Extella/Extraverse stuff is all unified under a single artist.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

You hoard it for events with CEs that make the grind slightly easier, with the rank 3 CEs appearing in the FP gacha.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Revolver Bunker posted:

Isn't there a theory that the Mona Lisa was Da'Vinci's self portrait of what he saw as his ideal self? Either way I'm wondering what part of Da'Vinci's legend the giant claw gauntlet came from.

I just started playing this game a couple of weeks ago. Its fun and I've so far been able to avoid spending money on rock candies. A couple of questions. Should I only be leveling up a few servants at a time or is having a diverse team a necessity? And when people are talking about burning their servants is that the burn to make them into QP or just sac'ing them to feed other servants?

There is but FGO goes with Da Vinci just considering the Mona Lisa to be the ultimate beauty and wanting to become that. I don't recall the exact mechanics but that's more or less the justification.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

If you have a job that pays and not a lot of obligations that cost money (Spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend, children, social life), then that's a lot of money to go into your hobby of choice. Especially if you work alllllll day and literally have no time to do anything else when you get home.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Captain Baal posted:

Am I not allowed to want both

Wanting both means you'll get neither.

Wanting one means you'll just have bad luck.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

What's inside of a Medjed's shroud is an acid trip.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

QoL improvements are weird because IIRC NA is based off the Taiwanese client.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

NRVNQSR posted:

I don't think we'll know until the event starts. It seems the original version of the event was very poorly balanced and they made a lot of changes to the drop rates when they repeated it. So strategy will depend entirely on whether we get the original drops, the rerun drops, or something else again.

Well, given that Nerofest was the original event (except for shopkeep Nero), we're probably getting the same deal here.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Alien Rope Burn posted:

When I pull up the Servant > Enhance menu, I don't see them for some reason, but I can see them in my inventory. I presume this is the wrong menu. This is the case with any class I pull up.

Check your filters.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

For a 2-star, he has an attack steroid that beats out a lot of charisma abilities of other servants. And because it's not a skill but a NP, it's cheap to max it out with more copies. Arts chaining can build him up even more. He lacks the versatility of Waver in stalling and shutting down the enemy but he's crit focused.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vengarr posted:

Or Dracula, or Carmilla...It's definitely true that as long as there is belief, there is power.

It is entirely possible that all the little kids that see Batman show up to their birthday parties and think "Holy poo poo, it's Batman!" might give Batman (Avenger) all kinds of power. Similar to Nursery Rhyme.

Well, Fran and Vlad are acknowledged to have existed in the Nasuverse. Carmilla is weirder because strictly speaking Carmilla is a fictional character in our universe with some loose inspiration from the real Elizabeth Bathory, but in the Nasuverse she's basically an Elizabeth who has completely embraced the monster she became? Or something like that, it's complicated.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vengarr posted:

The Vlad who drank peoples' blood is strictly an invention. Rin even says something like "poo poo, they'll let anyone be a Heroic Spirit nowadays."

Yeah but Vladzerker is Vlad who's tapping into the Dracula legend for a power boost and other things. He's still Nasuverse's canonical Vlad Tepes.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vengarr posted:

That's what I'm saying. My point is that you can summon "Dracula" even though he never existed. The Grail will give you the Servant that most matches the legend.

Eh, not really. For whatever reason, they released Vlad III as a zerker tapping into the Dracula legend instead of his proper class of Lancer, which he is in Apocrypha. That's why he's Berserk Lancer in Orleans. And then they went and released Fate/Extra's Vlad III as a Lancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vengarr posted:

It's the other way around. You almost can't summon Vlad as a Lancer naturally outside of Romania, because the legend of Dracula has completely overpowered the man. Berserker is his "natural" class.

Yeah. Elizabeth Bathory is similar, where even the non-murderess version of her still has a tail and other crazy poo poo. Innocent Monster fucks you up like crack cocaine.

Eh, I don't recall anything noting that, just that he'd be a lot weaker outside of Romania for those reasons.