Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

So right now I'm just focusing on candles and cupcakes to clear out the shop, what's the ideal efficient CE set up to farm that? I've been looking at some guides, but they aren't real specific. Right now I'm currently doing 2x Halloween Princess and 4x Mais for 30AP/Party, and 3x Little Halloween Devil and 3x Maid for Guerilla. Don't know if that's efficient or not, just what someone listed at another site.

BTW, first time posting here, but been playing since launch if y'all want some friend support: 815,444,398

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Between Carmilla, Orion, Emiya, Medea, Euryale, and Saber Alter I need 23 of the drat things. It's A Problem.

I max ascended Emiya with those hearts because no way my boy isn't getting them first, but now I hit a similar wall too.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

We're getting the Mona Lisa CE now? gently caress have to up my hand farming after this event is over.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Tae posted:

What exactly is the level that lancelot starts getting decent? Level 60? Do you usually blast his NP on wave 1 or 2 and clean on 3?

Once I level up my Arash, going to do Arash nuke on wave 1, then Lancelots on wave 2 and 3.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Space Flower posted:

also if the 50ap is annoying and slow or you die, go to 40ap

I saved a lot of my sanity by doing Waver + 2 Santa Alters (one with MLB Holy Night, the other with Kaleidoscope) for 50 AP. SAlter NP Altera. Waver brave chain Carmilla. SAlter NP brave chain for the last wave and clean up Scathach.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

So is Nasu's genderbent version of King Arthur still the best recent telling? Never watched Excalibur so can't comment on that (nor the recent Transformers movie but I assume it's lovely).

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Managed to get Tesla with 60 quartz (when I really wanted to aim for is LAlter) which certainly beats the dupe Orion I got with my summon ticket earlier.

And definitely will blow my hundreds of quartz to roll for MHX even though she's garbage gameplay-wise.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Burned 300 quartz and got my MHX with 3 Neros, Nursery Rhyme, Anne/Mary as my consolation prizes. RIP Jalter stash :v:

Stallion Cabana posted:

man even a single star of Altria on the backline makes the Shishou node so much easier, it's crazy.

Yup, even with a level 90 support Okita, I was running the risk of my frontlines getting wiped. Now I can half-rear end my farming.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

So which Servant Class is Lowtax?

Saver because deep down, we are all Twice H. Pieceman

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I barely have any drat gems, if they were easier to get maybe they'd be a bit more leveled up on mine. :(
Also if they're going to make me spend ascension materials i usually just hold off since those can always be better used on ascending servants.

I'm sort of glad I overdid the Christmas event because I still have gems left over from that event. Wanted to hit box #50 back then but can only tolerate up to #43. I don't know how many lotto boxes I'll do with this one though.

All the servants I do want to level need so many pages however. (Et tu, Jalter?)

Marogareh posted:

I at least try to get everyone to 4/4/4 but anything past that has to be scrutinized to hell and back.

Except Jeanne's 2nd skill because lol.

halokiller fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 6, 2018

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

HGH posted:

The disappointment of not getting her wore off pretty quick after I borrowed one and used her NP. It's not just the bad grammar, the pronunciation is hilariously bad. Hell, regular Jeanne has no problem saying Luminosité Eternelle correctly. Just another sign she's a poor counterfeit.
Also she's kinda fragile. The bicorn in the Lancer node took down a max level one to death pretty easily in a single turn.

She doesn't reach game-breaking status until like a year from now anyways.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

HGH posted:

Huh, is it really that bad? I'm using Mordred/Nero(lvl. 60)/B.Nero support usually and have yet to have any of them die. Backline is Mash, Jack and Ushi just for more Fake drops.

I have a harder time if my team comp doesn't synergize well. I use Jalter and S.Alter as my frontline and which Saber support has the MLB CE. My runs are much easier with buster supports like Altera and Artoria than with Okita or B.Nero. By much easier I mean bicorn dying in 1-2 turns vs 3 or more.

halokiller fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 8, 2018

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

I'm back to the Caster node after finally clearing out the shop. My servants are hungry for pages.

If we're posting late Jalter pics, this is the best roll I had since launch:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Tae posted:

Get a cheap waver account

This. Or Waver + few of the 5* servants you particularly like. You'll thank us later.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Gologle posted:

I hate Tamamo. I also hate Nero. and Liz. Really, when you think about it, I just hate everything Fate/Extra.

Shame Fate/Extra CCC was never localized because it had best Gil and best Sakura.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

I saved up about 1.6 million and had to stop after about 300k FP because of the hell of constantly clicking 10-roll and inventory management. On the plus side, it finally got me to level up my scrub servants. Mata Hari will finally be happy.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

gen urobuchi is a mediocre writer with a few strengths who people for some reason thought was the best writer ever in 2011 because a bunch of people who werent him took a thing hed written that already played to his strengths and vastly improved it via things like direction, art direction, voice acting, character design, and music, and then he got all the credit for being the best anime writer ever, until he wrote a bad season of kamen rider and people hated him again, and now he writes puppet shows

He wrote fanfiction to the movie Equilibrium so that make's him okay in my eyes. :v:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Suaimhneas posted:

Pair Jalter with MHX, she has decent stargen and also has the dragon trait so she gets double benefit from Jalter's attack buff, it's win/win!

Finally MHX is useful for something!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Argas posted:

The F/Z event in JP had an extra week tacked on due to server troubles. Since NA is trying to follow the JP schedule as closely as possible, we're getting that too.

Glad for that, even with skipping days at a time, I still managed to clear the entire shop with plenty of time to spare.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

I max ascend in order to get rid of the numbers on the quests. PRIORITIES! :v:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Hell I don't see no event called Mikonfest.

Don't worry, we only have 2 of the Tamamo 9. DW's saving that for a rainy day.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

One Uchi + support Uchi does make BP2 into a faceroll. Using Waver/Tamamo/Orion setup at the moment, and only rarely does one of the frontline wipe, and then I have a level 100 Jalter waiting to bat cleanup.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

Noob post: So, I've been loving around idly with this game for a little while and I suspect I'm playing it wrong. I'm still making my way through the story -- I'm probably about halfway through Orleans at the moment, most of my Servants are at about level 20 -- and AFAICT the only way I can get Saint Quartz is by doing story quests (usually requiring between 3 and 5 3-stage battles for one quartz), doing Free Quests on the side (which are pretty much the same), and doing Master Missions (which give me a quartz every once in a while). And daily login bonuses, I guess.

But as far as I can tell the only way to reliably get Servants is by doing Grand Summons, and I am accumulating quartz so slowly that I'm rarely ever able to do one of those. Is there something else I should be doing to pull in some extra quartz on the side? I have literally no Sabers and it's driving me nuts.

Also I recently decided to level up a Caster out of my big pile of unused Servants, to help with all the Assassin enemies I'm seeing all the time, and selected Babbage for robot reasons, and he appears to deal absolute poo poo damage. Am I like using him wrong, or did I just pick the wrong Caster? The ones I have are him, Geronimo, Cu Chulainn (who I've been avoiding using because I do not like his weird goth tubetop), the worst possible demon Mephistopheles, Bill Shakespeare, Hans Christian Andersen, and Mozart.

FGO is one of the stingiest games regarding gacha rate. You get 3* servants for completing the stories and 4* servants for completing certain events (there's a good 4* Rider coming up in a summer event). Also, keep an eye out for the paid lottery that will be coming up soon. Requires spending :20bux: for a 30 quartz roll, but you'll be guaranteed a 5* servant (and believe me you will want to do this if you intend to keep playing).

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Waver/Tamamo/Orion's been carrying me so far in 3BP and by far I mean stalling just long enough for her to pop a single NP by the end of turn 15. So glad it's single target.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Waver/Tamamo/Orion continues to be easy mode. Between constant NP drains, Orion's crit reduction, and Tamamo's party heal and Fox Wedding, I have yet to wipe since the event started and with MLB Ushi on Orion, very rarely don't kill.

I was undecided on what to put for the backline, but decided on another Waver for easy 50% NP gain and Cu for his survivability in case the frontline does fall.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

raid events are so boring!! who's a good saber to deal with this lancer day?

We all know who the answer is.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Rogue 7 posted:

I'm still unsure how to handle the 6M HP Ibaraki. I'm not going to try today, since I'm running the standard Orion/Tamamo/Waver frontline and the hands having advantage on Orion is probably too much, but even without that, Ibaraki will still deal like 4000 HP a hit, and my healing can't really keep up. I'm at the point where 1M HP is a cakewalk- if I fully buff Orion, Tri-Star at the end of the NP chain deals about 1.2 million- but I can't see charging up enough NP to consistently outheal the damage she puts out.

I switched from Orion/Tamamo/Waver to Nero/Tamamo/Waver + plugsuit with Orion in the backline (though any AoE Saber should do). Nero kills the hands then let Orion take care of Ibaraki.

My strategy before was keeping Orion and Tamamo alive (let Waver be the sacrificial lamb), kill the hand with the 3-turn NP charge as soon as possible (for me it's easier to juggle NP charges with just the other hand + Ibaraki), and the usual arts chaining and Fox Wedding shenanigans. I do use Atlas over Plugsuit however. The 2-turn cooldown is usually for when Waver's about to croak and I need his buffs before he dies (or when I need Tamamo's NP drain + Fox Wedding) and the invincibility skill for Tamamo for whenever Ibaraki actually fires her NP.

My CEs are MLB Ushi on Orion, 2x MLB Carps (one from support), and an extra Carp.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

I just largely don't bother grinding EXP except when events are running, since you get a lot more XP for your time that way

this may be related to why I consistently fail to succeed at high-level content

I do the opposite because mat drop rates are pretty bad outside events and usually I'm not hurting with gems or monuments since I tend to clear the shops. Plus I like that feeling of a servant being leveled up. :v:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Personally I shall be rolling for llya as my offensive caster when her event comes later this year. She may not be the best SSR caster, but my Herc needs her.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Tae posted:

She's literally the best farmer

Basically Lancelot but better.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

RanKizama posted:

How the gently caress do you guys get so many mana prisms?

By burning every silver card you see.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

I think this is the most bitter I have felt about getting a 5 star on the banner as opposed to the 4 star on the banner.

I got spooked by Tesla when I was really rolling for Lancer Alter for gameplay reasons. I even had to use my free ticket on Liz because I still don't have an AoE Lancer.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

I'll probably roll in the Knights banner. The only one I really want on the Cavalry banner is Jack or Ozzy and there's too many chances of dupes. Plus I'm missing a 5* Saber even if the ones available are pretty meh. And I wouldn't mind getting NP2 Jeanne (since the defense buff goes from 5% to 15%).

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Have a spot open if anyone wants a NP2 Orion for knight bullying.

FC: 815, 444, 398

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

the_steve posted:

Just did the first Gawain fight. Holy poo poo, that was hard.
I dunno, it really feels like the writing in this one so far is doing a better job of giving you the feeling that your back is up against the wall and you're punching way above your weight class.

They weren't kidding with that fight. I brought Tesla and Raikou and Waver with his bond CE and it was still gently caress-all damage.

For round 2, I went with Orion artsmeme and :getin:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Decided to push my luck when I got NP3 Saberlot and a total of 300 SQ later:

Also during the Saberlot rolls, got Artoria, Ozy, Nitocris, and a MLB Origin Bullet. Well, glad it worked out. :v:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

50% dupe chance for rolling in Cavalry - still got the one servant I wanted out of the entire roll the most, Jack. :toot:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Necromancy CE is a cheaper alternative (as long as you don't completely depend on it since it's essentially a coin flip every time it triggers)

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

I'm still parsing through the Nerofest missions, but which are the essential servants that are worth it to max level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

How long till someone makes the Tabletop Simulator version.