Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Don't get baited by the endless Servant releases, post here first so people can tell you what new Servants are worth it and what arn't.

As the difficulty of each singularity increases, for example, single target Servants become more and more useful (for quickly killing bosses).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't want Gil so I'm not going to waste quartz and tickets on him.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
As long as I can get both Jeannes back, I'm good.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'll post my US ID when I finish rerolling a million times.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I strongly suggest grabbing Herc as your freebie if you don't get him as part of your initial pull. He is by far the best of the launch 4 stars and is useful all the way up to the most recent content if you have his bond CE (which causes him to get a 3-use guts).

Other than that EMIYA and Elizabeth Bathory are the ones that stand the test of time the best, probably followed by Carmilla. Stheno has some situational utility as well.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
EMIYA and Herc for me, and I want to pull Waver. Jeanne would be nice, especially if she starts with her strengthening quest available.

Man, the early game's going to be a lot different now that I can't spam the master XP quests.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You use the duplicate to power up the original. This increases their Noble Phantasm's power and also adds an overcharge effect for if you get the gauge over 100%.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
At launch you could roll Jeanne on your free roll. That was the only 5 star you could get for free back then.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raenir Salazar posted:

I just want it on the emulator to make rerolling easier and to avoid accidenting my JP account data. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsa0XqFP-M

Install all the crap in the video desc and then use multi-MEMU to import the .ova file. Congrats, it works.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I look forward to making Freak Futanari angry about my rolls in two games instead of one :laugh:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:getin:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I want Jeanne, I'll be happy as long as I get her.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Pulled a Vlad/Stheno/Marie account.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
YES. This lets one of your Servants start with 80% of their NP gauge already filled, letting you get it out there that much faster.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:toot: After a couple of hours of rerolling I got Jeanne (also Siegfried, ironically, who was my first 4-star in Japan too).

Vlad account, if anyone wants it:

Bind Code: 9TcehF2bEC
Password: 1111

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Haha as soon as I put Jeanne up my friend requests loving exploded.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You can also give no fucks and just do single rolls and get tons of 5-stars and make people mad.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gologle posted:

For some reason it won't let me buy Saint Quartz. My google account shows up, with my payment info there, but it always returns an error. Is it because I'm emulating? Has anyone else had this issue?

Yup. You can't buy quartz on an emu.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm willing to trade my Jeanne/Siegfried/Divine Banquet/Heaven's Feel account for a Jeanne/Herc account if anyone has one.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rolled a Waver/Siegfried/Marie account. I'm gonna sit on it as I'm hoping to swap for a Jeanne/Herc account. Waver/Herc would also probably be acceptable in a pinch.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:toot: After some more time rerolling, I managed to get an account that has Jeanne, Hercules, Tamamo Cat, and Carmilla. Gonna stick with this one, even if it's a little light on CEs.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im permabanned master waifucollector58. i first started playing fgo when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "pulls" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "loving aniplex" and "i love making GBS threads inside nasu's rear end in a top hat" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically quartz-induced schizophrenia. im now on a diet of paypal. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of servant raising was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fgo to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to spending too much money. peace

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The reason Herc is generally considered great is how surviveable he is for a Berserker. He has an evade, a Guts skill, and his bond CE also gives him 3 more uses of Guts for free. So he can stay swinging after most Berserkers would be down for the count. His three turn attack boost is just icing on the cake.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tae posted:

What would you recommend for the 4 star with emiya and herc already owned?

I'd honestly say Carmilla. She does extra damage against female enemies with her NP (which most bosses are) and brings some useful utility to the table with her def down, NP drain, and star gen/crit down skill. Her attack's kind of poo, but that's true of most assassins.

An alternate option would be Elizabeth Bathory, simply because we won't get any other 4 or even 5 star Lancers for quite a while, and she also brings some pretty nice utility to the table (at least, once you shovel her through her enhancement quest). She has the same def down ability as Carmilla, but also has a team attack buff that, once she upgrades it, also double buffs your female party members. The Guts on her is a little less useful, but hey, surviveability is never flat out -bad- to have. Her NP, sadly, is pretty crappy.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Never not have a transfer code. The version of the game we got has most of the nasty bugs fixed, but you never know when it will eat your loving account and you'll have to reinstall. I am incredibly paranoid about keeping mine updated and change it on a weekly basis.

That reminds me. Make sure you buy at least one quartz; that way if there's a horrible fuckup, you can use the purchase info to help recover your account if for some reason your bind code goes horribly wrong.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have just been slapping everything in Orleans to death with Herc/Tamamo Cat/support L70 Vlad

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tae posted:

Bias, but Jeanne feels like a good generic 5 star to have since Rulers basically take no damage from anything not Zerker and she effectively nullifies NP's.

She either has, or will get, an enhancement quest that removes the stun and adds a debuff clear to her NP, too! (it should show up after you get her level maxed to 90).

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn why are statues so annoying to farm.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Twib posted:

EMIYA has the twin bonuses of being strong lategame thanks to buffing quests they give him, and for being one of, if not the, most common starring Servant in an event, which means they give him a power boost or increased drop rates whenever he's in your party. In addition, most people stop using Carmilla once RyougiShiki comes out, while Liz just doesn't bring much to the table besides a buffed up Charisma for girls and isn't exactly the best pick for a support character.

Liz isn't the hottest lancer, but she's one of the only ones we get that's worth using, basically forever. I don't think we even got a 5 star lancer for months and months after launch, much less a second four star.

Hell, I still use Liz on my JP account, and even limit broke her to 90 there.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nate RFB posted:

This story is as old as time for FGO vets I'm certain, but this Gil experience has been real disheartening. 4 rolls, two 5* CEs (one of which was a Kaleidoscope so...yay), no 4* servants, and a shitload of Jing Kes and Lu Bus. Also I haven't seen a 3* Servant in the FP gacha in a week. Like I don't even feel that gambling addict itch to try again because thus far it's been all risk and no reward.
I definitely wish there was a "if I get this servant/ce/xp/fou card, burn it immediately" to save me the time.

The gacha giveth, the gacha taketh :itwaspoo:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Get Liz. She's the only 4-star lancer that's going to be available for a long, long time. We don't get another until London. We won't even get a 5-star Lancer for a while.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The supply frustrations will clear up eventually. Down the road you'll have more statues than you'll ever need.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gologle posted:

I just spotted a male King Arthur on the wiki. Is he any good, or does he suffer from the same average rating as Artoria?

He's not great, but it's more than made up for by his cool NP activation and his pretty good voicing. He's very much waifu tier.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
THIS IS A BATTLE TO SAVE THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD *blows up some skeletons*

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Filthy lies. Fate/Accel Zero Order is Waver reading his 4th Holy Grail War fanfic to you :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The mona lisa CE might have been important once but you can get like 3 million QP running a QP daily now. Save your cubes.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

New Leaf posted:

Are we going to get giant awesome Alexander the Great from Fate Zero at some point?

Yes, but not for a while.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Septem is generally considered to have the weakest writing, it really tightens up after that.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Of course, if you're using two support casters, it'll take you all day to kill anything not an assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
FF, I think the giant boars are vulnerable to instant death. Try Shiki-ing them to death.