Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If I can get Altera and Nitocris at some point, I'll be happy. Gotta wait forever to get Melt anyways. Oh and Atalanta.

Oh and of course it is my life's mission to collect all the Cus. Just a full squad of Cus. Old Cu, New Cu, Girl Cu, Not-Cu, Cu With A Stick...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dammit, and I'm still having trouble adapting to Artoria.

(It's Arturia goddammit)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I won't because Altera now exists.

Though I suppose an interesting pre-launch discussion would be favorites of each class.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's me, I'm the guy aiming for Stheno. Because I am the world's only fan of the two older Gorgon sisters.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

1*
Mozart (Caster)
Kojirou (Assassin)
Mata Hari (Assassin)

2*
Hans Christian Andersen (Caster)
Shakespeare (Caster)
Cursed Arm Hassan (Assaassin)

3*
Caesar (Saber)
Euryale (Archer)
Cu Chulainn (Lancer)
Cu Chulainn [Prototype] (Lancer)
Boudica (Rider) **
Alexander (Rider)
Cu Chulainn (Caster) **

4*
Atalanta (Archer)
Stheno (Assassin)

5*
Atilla (Saber)
Vlad III (Berserker)
Artoria Lily (Saber)

poo poo, thanks. Well, I know my goals now, I can't wait to not get any of them.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Inverse posted:

dont invest too much into lily, she is worse then most 3*, re roll for waver/herc for muh efficiency.

If my favorite servants are anything to go by, efficiency is the last thing on my mind.

(That said, I'm totally rocking El Melloi II because he's great. With kid Iskandar if I can.)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Where's the Tsukihime crossover, I need PCiel as a Berserker. And Kouma. And Aoko. And regular Ciel.

Also, on Lily, I'd dig an Altera Lily. But she exists and the screen can't handle Titan Altera.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

big titties are cool and badass

Maybe.

But the real question is when can I get a five star Astolfo?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Still gonna use MHX Alter, idgaf

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't believe that in just eleven hours I'll be hoarding quartz

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

drat, all these guys posting Altera codes, and I'm a half day of rerolls in and still none.

I need my end of civilization.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, mass rerolling got me a Water, but still no Altera. Anyone Waver hunting manage to roll her who wants to swap? Stheno a plus, but I can always get her on the free 4 star thing.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If anyone wants this with a Tamamo, I'll PM you the code.

Edit: actually gently caress it mFcd7ZXZrP PW:1111

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 26, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I hope the first event lets me get my goddamn Altera.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/sky765mk/status/880866387756896256

Fate buses in the US. What universe is this?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Got a Kaleidoscope in a 10 pull today. :dance:

I got Atalanta and Arturia :neckbeard:

...Unfortunately it wasn't the A-named saber I was looking for, but that's what rate up events and quartz hoarding are for.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sakura CE was a mistake.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 2, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I know I said I'd save up for Altera but with all the free quartz we've been getting I decided to do just a 10 roll to see what I got, and no more.

This gets me up to NP3 Lancezerker too. And I wasn't even that hyped about Gil either. I guess the desire sensor is a real thing after all. Still gonna use him though because hell yes.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 6, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I got Stheno because she's great and I need a non-Kojiro assassin.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Money spent - one buck.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

:toot:

I can't wait to have to wait for months to get pages and gears. And of course there's the suffering of grinding serpent orbs too.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

So long Artoria, I hope I never have to fight you ever again.

That QP requirement though :eyepop:

Once you start chainrunning Doors, that amount of QP will seem like nothing.

Of course, the suffering really starts when you're sitting on almost 100m QP but have no materials to ascend anyone. :negative:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Can someone explain to me if there's any logic behind the Cavalry triangle? Because just intuitively it makes more sense to me that Casters can fire big fuckoff nuke spells that destroy Riders' mounts but would get wrecked by an Assassin sneaking up and sticking a knife in their backs before they can prepare a spell.

Riders can close the gap during the cast time windup, Assassins can sneak up on and dodge the fast but not nimble Riders, and Casters have alert spells and tracking attacks that tear through the squishy Assassins is the official explanation I believe.

For knight classes, I believe the logic is Lancers are nimble and fast enough to deal with arrows but don't have the physical strength to fight a strong swordsman hand to hand, and Archers just can fire from way further than sabers can reach.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

When do I get enough team space to actually get to use both gold guys and gold items? I'm climbing from these half AP dailies but man, still cramped at 66 cap space.

With max level in the US game atm, you can field at most either 5 five stars with 2 five star CEs and have seven AP left or 5 five star CEs and 3 five star servants and have 3 AP left.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I just chain run 40APs with my NP3 lancelot with Imaginary Element and someone on my friends list's NP4 lancelot with limit broken Kaleido.

Waver gets mine to 100NP and the first two waves disappear, and the third wave goes down in one turn with two lancelots with 100% crit rate attacking. Doesn't even matter what the class is.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Finally, I can stop the 40AP chainrunning, I hit my half AP event goal. I can actually play the story now.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

oh god no that's not maxed, not even close, only about 10%

I just really wanted to hit 100 before half AP ended, because otherwise doing things that weren't dailies just felt like a waste of AP. Now I'm satisfied at least and can jump on other stuff.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

>Gilgamesh
>Waver

May I suggest backing up your account?

I know I'm well beyond complaining about luck considering that I haven't whaled and by any metric what I've got is astounding, but still, I'm still missing the one five star I really want. Might just have to burn cash for Altera once Nerofest rolls around because obviously my impatience with rolling the second I get any quartz hasn't gotten me her yet.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

My 30AP strategy is Waver(Formalcraft), Support(Any AOE NP with an imaginary element or kaleido), and Lancelot. First two waves take one or two turns each (one turn if I get good cards, two if I get a lot of Arts on someone who isn't Waver or Arts cards), and the last phase is just dump Waver's skills into the other two to max out and NP chain the wave to death.

A couple dozen runs in and the last phase has yet to survive it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Isn't there supposed to be a 40 ap availabile once you clear the other missions?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I got an Altera during it so nothing else matters.

Now I just need 11 monuments to max her out

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bakanogami posted:

I'm curious if any of these will wind up just being alternate outfits using the new costume system instead of actual new servants.

I'd definitely be down for a large scale wave of alternate outfits, rather than painful 5 star servants to roll for. Though I guess it matters less for me, being US-only.

Also,

:toot:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Edit: ^ :argh:

Well, grail growth is always linear, so you don't need to worry about the stat curve.

Personally, I'm just putting one grail on Altera for now, but the rest I'm saving to get Serenity and Astolfo to 90 when they drop. Definitely want to get all three to max eventually though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

uggo twintails maybe

good thing they go away later.

The twintails are the best part though.

Speaking of references
https://twitter.com/33rd_monitor/status/895276187458691073

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It'll be okay, just give it time. In three months you'll have forgotten all about your troubles with your bad rolls and unlucky draws.

Because by that time they'll have shut down the US server, fired the three interns who got the game to this point, and ended support.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gologle posted:

God I loving hope not. The only way I can justify splurging 400 of my moneys on this game is that I'm helping it stay alive. If it dies despite that then saying the egg is on my face is a massive understatement.

Well I mean, it could be worse. But the home office not even realizing the things we haven't gotten and a handful of vague statements about questionable rights to future content isn't exactly confidence inspiring.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't want back to back events or rate ups every week or such, I just want communication that they are working on stuff and like a few weeks of advance notice on either events or story content. Or at least allay fears of no support.

Just anything but this radio silence.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Personally I'd rather get some updates fixing the TL.

The TL is at least understandable, which is good enough for now. Spending a ton of time on it with no communication is a bad way to go about things.

Like, the last time they were talking about stuff, they didn't even know if they had the right to a bunch of content. Getting that sorted out and more importantly telling people that you have it sorted is like priority zero.

If the game has a confirmed lifespan, then they'll have all the time in the world to work on the TL.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

I think you're mistaking the things that enthusiasts like us care about for things that their wider paying audience care about. If the game's going to be financially successful then it'll be off the back of people whose only experience of Fate - if any - is Zero or the UBW anime. "Will NA get this one collaboration event with characters I've never heard of" is not going to be something they care about, if they're even aware it's a question at all. It doesn't make a lot of sense for Aniplex to prioritise it.

No joke, if they said they would not be able do events for things we never got in the US and not release all the servants, I'd probably drop it. There'd be like nothing to look forward to but sparce story chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I got my weekly login ticket today, was just gonna sit on it and save it until a rate up for someone I really liked came up. But then I had a good chain of drops in a row, between getting some zerker monuments and chaos claws, so hey, why not burn the ticket while I'm on a hot luck streak. Surely this can't fail me like it has every other time I fell into this trap.

oh poo poo wait what

I think I've got a gold archer problem. Even moreso since the only reason I'm excited to get her is because her interlude has a guaranteed seven serpent jewels and I need them for Atalante. And maybe Gil idk.