Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
You shouldn't burn a 5* out of respect for people who can't get them yet. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think it was implied in FSN that summoning Servants without a Grail providing mana is just really hard but doable.

But I think it makes sense that maybe there were hundreds of wars for Lesser Grails not just Fuyuki. It's said in the original VN that the Fuyuki grail is something like the 989's grail candidate.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Paid Gacha on JP is almost the worst money I've ever spent on this game as it got me Tesla; but then I also got another copy of Frankenstein, and it was saved.

I don't know if Tesla is good or not but even if he is I doubt he's better than Rin or Kuro.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Nero I take it is somewhat of a shut in and thus finds everything we consider to be mundane to be incredibly fascinating and awe inspiring and quaint.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I felt that Orleans was the much better story; it retread Shirou vs. Archer but I feel like that helps ground it and makes it familiar.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I grailed Jeanne on NA because she's my friend.

On JP I've gotten around to grailing some Servants (80-90) to give them a little boost. Ibaraki, Kuro, Shiki, and then probs Mary/Bonne or Gorgon, Ruler Martha next.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

SpaceDrake posted:

Granted, those were somewhat unusual circumstances and even Nasu noted it on his blog. They wanted to get the end of the first arc out before the new year and to not overburden people with the massive Babylon chapter and the JDASL event at the same time, so JDASL got bumped forward. And then they wanted Salomon Temple to land on the last week of the year, and got even better than bargained for with the world getting saved literally on Christmas Day.

Unless there are story shenanigans this year, I would expect Christmas 2017 to land much closer to the actual date.

Literally a Doctor Who episode.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm lucky that for the most part most of the mats are meh, having 90+ atm means that I likely don't need them for anything soon, though I should investigate what Rider Rin needs.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Dr Pepper posted:

If you mean the Swimsuit Ishtar, as a Free Servant given out for an event her ascension materials are unique and handed out with the event you get her in.

I meant for skills. :)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I feel like with average ish gacha luck I only had issues in Camelot; up until then the game isn't hard to worry.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Asimo posted:

His alignment is Neutral Evil. :v:

I feel like that skill should apply to anyone in the Reconqaquista.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm getting close to 300 quartz for NA, I just don't impulse roll, nothing I want until Scathach/Mordred/Okita.

I do kinda want Tamamo but I figure I'll get more chances at her later.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I mat grind when it's 50% off, grab the 40 AP's for the prisms, and then 30 AP for more prisms.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Is it kidnapping if you spend so much Quartz that you basically *force* a Servant to come to your call or is it that Servant being a tsundere?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Must feel weird for serial rerollers. I did my fair share but I saw Artoria the most and ended up sticking with her. Then got Gil on a single ticket, I am a king magnet

Pretty sure rolling Gil requires having Artoria. :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
were you guys just grinding today's 4 Horsemen duels on NA?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I need 12 dragon fangs for Medea :(

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I want a Dark Souls crossover event.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
poo poo.

My choices:
-NP 2 Ibaraki for that sweet damage boost.
-Penthesilea because she's awesome.
-Medusa Lily because I like her animations.
-Suzuka Gozen because she looks rad.

I'm thinking Penthesilea.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Randomzx posted:

September 19 is also the International Talk Like a Pirate Day, would we have been better off with lame pirate jokes and lingo?

Type-Moon's ability to land their stuff on the appropriate date strikes again. Like the Mother's Day thing with FZ.

I'm annoyed with old Drake animations though.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
A big concern is, does their NP deal damage? If so is it AoE, or is it ST?

A Gold Unit of each class with a ST NP is useful for many challenge quests and for bosses in general; AoE NP's a less useful but can still work. I've gotten good results with Rinshtar and Mordred for example partly because their Buster cards can crit for ungodly amounts of damage.

Luckily we get good welfares, like Shiki, who is still my main ST Assassin.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Honestly trying to reconcile all of Archer!Gilgamesh's personality as a same dude across his multiple appearances is a bit of a lost cause at this point.

Nah.

When Gilgamesh died he had a huge amount of hope and optimism for humanity, they were going to accomplish amazing things with all the stuff he left for them but fast forward 5000 years and they've decayed and become stagnant and this angers him. The worth of any individual human is only a tiny invisible sliver of what it once was.

Extra is a world of chaos and desperation, a struggle where the best shine against the darkness, so he's happy.

FGO is similar; there's a desperate struggle and tonnes of worthy people surrounding him and he likes the protagonist, so he's happy.

Fate route and to an extent Heaven's Feel Gilgamesh foreshadow this.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This is a very unkind thing to do to poor Medusa.

They make fun of her I think?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My Jeanne is also level 98 now. Took a little to complete Okeanos as I prefer to do 40 AP dailies during my workout to be time efficient with my AP.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Oh drat, I hadn't read the translation O_O

This kind of stuff bums me out and I wish those people didn't do that (Unless they're reasonably wealthy professionals); and makes me nervous whenever I throw 100$ or so at it (not for a long time thankfully, last time I spent was on the paid summon gacha).

I mean, I'll probably throw 100$ at NA soon whenever one of the SSRs I'm waiting for happen, but not until then, and I'm making more money now than then.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I grailed Jeanne, she's my hero.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I got 10 golden apples stocked up for whenever the more economical dailies appear.

I am *so* getting Caster Liz, I badly need an SR Caster.

It's really hard avoiding rolling for Tamamo since she + friend's Waver and Mashu makes stall a viable early game strategy and it's doubly difficult when I have been withholding rolling on my JP account for the past however many months I have been, almost at 900 free quartz.

I get paid this week, so I might just spend some money and roll with that, because aaargh.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

20 tickets. :3:

Also got some CE's and a Euryale.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nate RFB posted:

They are required to get a skill to level 10, and they are only ever available in events and I think the rare prism shop. In other words it's like the grails; a mat that you can not grind for.

E: Obviously not useful right now, but there ostensibly will come a time when your starting servants finally start to get their skills near the top and you'll find yourself short on lores.

To be fair on JP the QP+Mat bottleneck is such that I have over 20 of the things that I've gotten compulsively from every event and challenge quest left over.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
:sigh:

:3:

Spent about a third of my quartz stockpile and all my tickets.

It got quite meme-y; dumb Gyra on discord cursed me to NP 5 yagyu; got Sherezade and Shanzang before I finally got Shuten.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kyte posted:

Wow how much quartz didja stockpile.

101 tickets and slightly over 900 quartz.

Sadly I now have 0 tickets and only 600ish quartz.

Something like the 5th Yagyu which showed up with the "3* to 4*" animation made me felt like FGO was taunting me and I kept at it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Motto posted:

http://fate-go.us/gudao/

Official gudaguda page.

I'm sad they didn't make a special chapter for the NA release and break the 4th wall wherein.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Finally got Tamamonomae to level 90!!

Now onto Kiyohime so she is less paper than the fan she is holding.

I think Mornings -> XP Card farming, Afternoons -> Event farming on either account.

Once I get to predictable 40 AP quests on JP this changes but for now this is time efficient while letting my advance some Servants; I have Penthelisa to 72 and she'd be nice at 80 for the event; fem!Kratos is rad.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I imagine Jesus would be very similar to Enkidu; much of his arc is similar in the broad strokes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

the_steve posted:

I only add goons from the Friendlist and people I know.

Same though I keep an eye open for American Whales.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

the_steve posted:

I'm not up to date on like 95% of Fate lore, so, what's the big deal with Nobu that makes them so great?

Oda? She's from a gag manga and is funny along side Okita.

Oda is also a decent AOE archer and our first welfare Archer until Kuro.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Kuro's design at least looks like something out of Pathfinder.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Approximately 250$ + saved stockpile but no Okita. :(

I have turned into a pile a salt and secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Life is suffering.

But it is absolutely not a tale of death and separation.