Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Sophism posted:

Took four 10-rolls, but I got my floof! :neckbeard: Only other notable drops were one Another Ending CE, and four Halloween Arrangements. (Which from the looks of it will never be used outside of this event.)

I finished my pulls and went to glance at my friends list, and one of them already had Tamamo too... at NP5 that is. :stare:

If you run a team that uses two zerkers and a support/tank, Halloween Arrangement is really good because taunts are very powerful when 2/3rds of your team is made of paper. It's a good CE for Mash in those kinds of teams too. The real gem is Little Halloween Devil, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

a kitten posted:

Well I didn't get a single new servant which is a bummer, but as I actually start the event i see I get to take Mash on a nice Halloween date so that's something I guess.

a kitten posted:

I get to take Mash on a nice Halloween date

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

My rolls weren't that good but I did get one that had five golds in it, and my third Vlad :toot: His NP murders bosses now.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

The only bronze I've used an appreciably large amount of is George. Hassan and Hans occasionally work their way in too but it's fairly rare. For Hans at least I really want to full ascend him so he can survive longer.

Leonidas is okay on a team with George if you wanna go full single glass cannon gimmick. If you give an NP CE to Leo they can put out seven straight turns of taunt.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
By the way why does the op say this

quote:

It will always require five grails to fully cap the servant from whatever their final ascension cap was to Level 100, the grail cap.
cause I'm pretty sure that's not true

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

InfinityComplex posted:

Anything that hits level 90 will always require 5 grails to reach 100. It only goes up by 2 levels after 90.

So it's technically not wrong.

It is technically wrong because 90 is only "their final ascension cap" if they're a 5* servant. It takes way more than five grails to get a lower rank servant up to level 100.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceDrake posted:

I also once saw a concept for Kiyo Alter that was actually really good; a lot of fan Alters tend to be overdone and wanky, but Kiyo Alter being an out of control yokai that was clearly sealed up and chained up after killing Anchin is a really good take and could make for an interesting antagonist, I think, especially since normal Kiyo would probably be terrified of her.

Fake edit: found it. You'll have to scroll past the artist's kind of fan-wanky take on Mash/Galahad Alter, but the second image in the album is the Kiyo Alter and I think it basically hits the notes you'd want to hit.

I feel like Kiyo alter should be a Kiyohime that genuinely hates Anchin and hates everyone who's love is requited. Kiyo is insane, but she still loves Anchin in her twisted way and seems to idolize love as an ideal. An alter version seems like it should be one who totally gives up on love and is jealous and spiteful to lovers. It could fit in with the out of control yokai thing well enough, too.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Crasical posted:

My god, whoever's Nero I just used as a support was has instilled in me a GREAT DESIRE for a copy of my own. She is a beautiful woman with a beautiful Noble Phantasm.

Stop making me want rare Servants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIyU-lc3icU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Clawtopsy posted:

I think 'umu' is included a lot in her written dialogue, too

It is.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Jesus is a 5 star" would be a good name for a country song

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I managed to get the HP drop with only like half a dozen shots at Lunatic Party. :toot: Now I basically have everything, just need to clean up any more parties that show up and do the 20AP ones to try and grab as many of the remaining lancer monuments and pieces as I can.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Coulda taken a couple turns off if I hadn't forgotten to put dodge on Kiyo when she had her second NP up, oops.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

He is an incredibly easy servant to work into a team, since he does one thing that is universally appreciated: eat damage to the face instead of other folks. His only limiting factor is how much HP he has which basically means your only bottleneck is his current level; once I got him to 45 (so two ascensions) he basically stopped dying in most runs.

His only problem is doing damage outside of his NP, which means someone else has to be the dedicated damage dealer on the squad.

Once he gets his bond CE you basically WANT him to die, tbh.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RanKizama posted:

That doesn't sound bad. I think I'll run Iron-Willed Training until I can ascend him again and give him more health to play with, then experiment with some NP gain CEs. loving feathers are gonna hold me up though.

I like Halloween Arrangement on him to give him an extra turn of taunt.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Which one?

Also yes Kiyohime was honestly the worst of these loving missions outside of that goddamn dragon in Tamamo's stages. Her tendency to either spam Morph or continuously harass one person continuously (usually support drake) really got on my nerves.

Medea was the easiest though, I was always able to bomb her to oblivion with tons of NPs.

I found Tamamo the hardest, assassin dragon is pretty scary against my team because of the three turn limit until NP (four of vampirism's drain procs) and the fact that it hits everyone so even a taunt can't stop it spamming damage onto my glass cannons means that Tamamo gets set up to oneshot my zerkers.

I think Kiyohime got to attack me a grand total of once outside of the refight mission because waver np + vlad np + kiyo np has a high stun chance, does a million damage, and throws out a ton of crit stars to finish off anything that survived. :v:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did everyone just forget that Nightless Rose required two drops to LB or do people just not even consider it because Nightless Rose is that much worse than HP?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I haven't bought quartz either because seriously the price is insane for an impulse buy thing.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Someone was asking about a translation for the halloween shop earlier- I just found that halloween Elizabeth's voice section has all those clips. Also, Nero has the Nero Fest ones.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Freak Futanari posted:

This. If you don't appreciate all your servants then you are a bad master

Did they ever explain why fgo protag gets to have 300 servants when you're supposed to have one or is that just one of those things you're supposed to ignore?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

Technically there's no rule saying that you can't have multiple servants. Kotomine has both Lancer and Gilgamesh in F/SN. The only issue is supplying them with mana, and the chaldea system takes care of that. The original plan was for about 48 masters to have one or two servants each, but the other masters chaldea had around all kind of died.

How is it that Fate's premise is "seven magus use the holy grail to summon one each of the seven categories of servant and fight each other for the grail" and yet the more I find out about the series the more every single part of that statement turns out to be a lie?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

because a franchise can have spinoffs with different premises? every single spinoff being the same setup would be boring.

I'm not like saying "how dare they" it's just funny to me that the original rules are broken in every way possible by the time it gets to FGO.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RanKizama posted:

Nah, d'Eon is just a very effeminate male in both instances.

d'Eon is pretty openly genderfluid in FGO, especially their interlude where they ask what gender you seem them as and then goes "yeah that's fine whatever" to either. They don't have any gender tags for things like Smile of the Stheno and Phantom Maiden, either. Historically they lived as both male and female at different times so that's not really a gender bend in either direction.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Oh Snapple! posted:

gilles will never be my friend

Caster or Saber? Cause Saber is very bad but bless him he tries.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Monster Mash posted:

My body is ready

is this a gatcha simulator

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So was Neptunia just like really popular when they designed nobunaga or?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

what's neptunia about nobunaga's design?

Like I know Neptunia didn't invent breaking the fourth wall or catchphrases or anything but all the "Nobu!" stuff combined with Nobunaga talking about how she should be a five star gave me a real Neptune vibe.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kyte posted:

Skills count as actions, yes. Sometimes enemies will use 3 skills in a row and do nothing else. Conversely, skill seal can be dangerous because it'll pretty much guarantee you'll get attacked three times. On the other hand, sometimes their skills are more dangerous than their attacks.

Also them using an action for a skill also comes with them having no cooldowns, so they can spam invincible/dodge...

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
???

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

You really shouldn't be worrying about point maximization in the 40APs anyway.

oh thank god. The assassin one was driving me insane trying to do it with my underlevelled event servants

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

e:

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 15, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Clawtopsy posted:

marie is pretty much immortal in this level it's beautiful

St George is also amazing.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is it 5k for one or to LB it?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Motto posted:

Their name is uh *checks friend requests*
Hoeslayer_XX

Of the Sheffield Hoeslayers?

Now that I'm over 1 million points and well on track to 1.5 I've just been using my real team frontline for the 40ap and so archers are getting appropriately toasted by level 90 vlad/kiyo. Funny how much easier the game is when I'm not stuck using underleveled servants I don't have synergy set up with :v:

Also, some reddit dude posted some grind math if you wanna try to prioritise.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Halloween was a really good event for my team. Wish I'd managed to get a poster girl though.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 21, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Got it down to ten turns for the boss rush :toot:

E: Does Kiyo have updated animations in the Japanese one? She has terrible animations on NA.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 21, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

Hello, fellow non-NP1 Artoria friend.

At least it wasn't Altera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48
I mean if I ever need two sabers for some reason there's worse ones, I guess. Can't imagine ever using her over Nero, though.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Nero is a survival saber with an arts NP, Altera is a damage saber with a buster NP. They fill different niches, and it's worth having both around.

Altera's great, enjoy.

it's a waifu game and I like Nero more :colbert:

Clawtopsy posted:

all servants are good, even the ones you think are bad

ESPECIALLY the ones you think are bad

Hey I'd rather have Altera than not, she just wasn't high on my list of what I hoped for from the 5* roll.

E:

Dessel posted:

Can this game actually sate Type/Moon VN itch story/presentation-wise?

Been playing the partial translation of Witch on the Holy Night and the combat "cinematics" in that thing are incredible. Whatever those arcane bullets/explosions are, they're extremely my poo poo.

From what incredibly short amount I've played - since I'm not really into mobage stuff, I don't see how the story could get "personal" and the audiovisuals are kinda bland in cutscenes.

Almost sorry for not asking stuff about actual gameplay mechanics so: Do I have to grind/put money into the game to actually experience said story? I'm okay with reasonable amount but could care less about micromanaging a waifu collection for w/e meta stats. Probably means the game isn't for me.

I was actually considering looking at Shadowverse too. Need anime mages.

You absolutely don't need to invest a cent in the game to see the story. You can probably walk through the entire storymode without playing anything else, too, given that you can bring in a friend's support to carry you.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What percentage gain on CE XP do you get from the XP bomb thing, assuming no GS/SS? It seems like a hassle but it's gonna end up being like double XP it's not that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

W.T. Fits posted:

with Primate Murder being the best at killing humans

That's some loving nominative determinism right there.