Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.

cheetah7071 posted:

Is this game friendly to emulator rerolling or am I gonna have to do it the slow way on my phone?

Unless for some bizarre reason, the stateside release decides to be super easy-going, F/GO is pretty hardcore anti-emulation. Didn't used to be, but that's (as far as I know) the current situation on the moonrune side of things, which doesn't suggest much difference for stateside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

With the 25th approaching and more veteran mobagers I know getting ready for reroll hell season, I figured I'd offer up a form for people to use during hell season instead of having to just roll endless madness all alone.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bVMl7cDqoJVoNpYv7bJtC_tWOX9EIztSENM0G7O8CWA/edit?usp=sharing

If anybody wants to use it, just post your name, a way to contact you, and what sort of Servants/CEs you're looking for. This way the SA community can just work together and nobody has to shell out $5-25 that could be better spent on terrible F/GO avatars on SA instead.

edit: hosed up permissions. should be good now.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

What's the benefit of setting it up? Can servants/cards be gifted to people? Do we have a list on what's available to roll, at any rate? I figured some of that was gated by story events.

Also pertinent, probably: how long is the prologue, exactly? For those that feel like going through it a couple of times to reroll.

The way GO works is each account exists on your device and is reloaded when you open/close as necessary. However, you can choose to bind your account, which is like creating a snapshot of it at the time and assigning that snapshot an ID so you could, hypothetically in case of phone exploding or just new phone, redownload GO and enter your bind code on the new device to get your old account back.

Seen here: http://grand-fate.tumblr.com/post/125427320164/binding-accounts-restoring-data

The Fuyuki prologue is maybe...20 battles, 8 nodes? Barring Alter being mean to you, probably little more than 20-30min w/ scene skipping. Probably faster once people get their Jeannes and Herks and Emiyas leveled a bit for Support Servants.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

So basically something of use for the initial prologue roll, but not much else (unless someone wants to trade/sell their account later on for whatever reason)? Presumably other things like MC gender would get carried over too, right?

Also what was the story with the "free?" Saber Lily people are apparently going to have access to? Would that come out of the prologue too?

Barring weirdness, we're already slated to start with ~36 quartz for rolling right off the bat, due to events and promotions. Beating through Fuyuki -should- result in at least another 17 quartz, I think, with another 5 being fairly likely through another event / doing some of the next chapter. With the new QoL changes that we should start with, you can do a 10-roll (get 10 results) for 30 quartz (used to be 40). At the very least, that's each account right off the bat getting their prologue roll (for their 4*) along with one 10-roll and some singles. Dedicating more time or us being lucky with another event for more free quartz would mean 2 10-rolls, which is decent for a gacha game's odds.

In the Japanese case, Saber Lily was a card game event Servant or some such promo. Limited means of obtaining her. For stateside, it seems they're just gonna either give her away or give out her code (same way the free 4* Servant of choice event would work if we get that) for people to use early on.

Also, MC's gender is constantly fluid, as you can with no limit change your gender from rugged shonen Gudao to red-headed gacha-freak Gudako on whim in My Room. Though yeah, all your preset things like gender, name, etc would be carried over.

Velyoukai fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 14, 2017

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Schubalts posted:

Saber Lily was a Japanese pre-reg bonus, but because it was only possible to get 1 copy of her, she became a reward for an in-game event later on.

Thanks.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I just hope everymongrel is ready to throw real-life $20 bills at your screens* when Gilgamesh's rate-up is happening.

*may have been how I got 3 Gils on my moonrunes account

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

The list-maker's Suikoden bias is evident. How else could they ignore the noble old man allure of Moriarty?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

InfinityComplex posted:

We should make a google list of everyone's friend ids here. I can't even remember who half the people on my list are.

Seconded. I distinctly remember the last time I looked at my f-list and wondered who or why I'd even added so many moonrunes with Arash or Elizabeth at the time.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Not to worry, friends. I'm sure there are plenty of no-lifers willing to roll at least 70 accounts, if not 100+.

I'm sure plenty of them will be part of this thread, too.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

All else fails, everybody can agree that "Seiba" is an acceptable term instead of a proper name, right?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

People are upset now, but down the line, when Nasu unveils Takeuchi's ultimate wet dreamwork, the Grand Dominion Seiba, Artoria/uria, I'm sure there will be nothing but sagely nods and understanding as to why this Seiba was named Altria.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

you caught me. the truth is im just as bad as them, clearly.

Don't worry, Endorph. You're still worth Grailing.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Sinistral posted:

So how much do I have to hate myself to get Gilgamesh.

No lie, I got 3 Gils on my old JP account by searching deep inside myself in order to accept my limitations as a person and as a human being, coming to terms with said limitations and loving myself anyway, and then throwing about 3 or 4 $20 bills at the screen as I 10-rolled, and that's how you get 3 Gils in 3 subsequent 10-rolls.

You throw the power of money at it just like Tokiomi did.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

whos cooler elizabeth or marie

Elizabeth's cooler because she pseudo-eventually becomes Carmilla who is sick. And Liz is a good little dragon when she's not being led astray by math nerds.

Bakanogami posted:

The US servers won't be connected to the JP ones will they? So JP accounts can't be friends with US ones?

Correct.

Bakanogami posted:

Also, have they announced the micro transaction pricing in the US release? Is it going to be ridiculous like the JP one where it costs like 25 bucks for one roll of the gacha?

No clue, but don't think they've announced it yet. Might be one of those things you don't know until you open it up on midnight 1 and check it out in the game.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

The initial APK download is up on google play right now, which doesn't install a playable game, but gets the first data packets in. No harm in getting those first bits in.

Also the quartz prices are listed and they're still about equal, which is to say, probably some of the better gacha rates in the current season, with $.99 through $89.99 from lowest to highest in-game purchases.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

how are the husbandos in this game

Very fine. Some lose clothes with power, others gain more. It's a fine balance.

Stairmaster posted:

How do you access it?

Google play app on whatever your device is, search "Grand order," find the Fate/Grand Order by Aniplex (free), choose Install. It'll say "Open" after installing, but will just bring up a "We're not ready yet!" screen.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

Would you be able to post a link (i.e. by getting to Google Play page via a browser)? I need to sideload it since it's not available in my region, and it's not in QooApp yet.

e: Nevermind, someone on Reddit uploaded it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzTIg8Q0DK4cRi1yM19qcjFnQU0/view

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6jcmp5/i_uploaded_the_us_apk_to_google_drive_for_anyone/

The thread in case the link updates/fails.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Gologle posted:

I don't like Mobage, I'll be the first to say that, but once upon a time I liked Fate/stay night, and I'm always up for a good RPG, so this sounds like my poo poo. Can I run it on an emulator? If so, which ones and how? My phone is very basic and I flat out don't think it has the capability of running many games on it.

Extremely tentatively, it seems like FGO -should- run on MEmu, as per the following reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6akkkq/emu_wars_episode_x_return_of_the_emu/

Absolutely no promises, however, and FGO has had a recent history of 0% emulation. So be aware.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Level 100 Hans I promise I'll let you reach glory.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I saw a thread discussing this, this isn't very good use of grails if you're doing it for stats. If its for because he's your friend then that's different.

It's because Hans is my favorite. His stats bedamned.

Down the line, when you look to your friend list for support servants, you will see that level 100 Hans and will know, "That's that dumbass, Vel."

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't believe that in just eleven hours I'll be hoarding quartz

Yorokobe, shounen.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

god I hate it even more now

Saltria fuels you.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

The fact that people would rather argue name purity over the quality of puns that Altria brings is the real tragedy.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Everyone with Vel Sumanai on their friend list may now look at the All Support and not think "What a filthy liar."

i.e. ticketed for Sieg.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

Also that France is teeming with dragons, and samurai are the natural enemy of dragons.

Meanwhile dumb Siegfried is off in the saber class when there are hardly any lancer dragons.

As far as I recall, his literally-only lancer dragon was the one we had in the finals 30 AP for nerofest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

The most important aspect of these precious, heartfelt gifts from your various Servants is that each of them counts as an 80/80 CE's worth of 30k exp to fuel your other CE's.