Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Jesus loving Christ I downloaded this on a lark to kill time and now I'm burning through story to feed my newfound quartz addiction. I hate this, give me more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Ol' Diarmud Bastard

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

What the gently caress am I supposed to do with an np4 Saber gilles, nasu

Why did you do this to me

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

speaking of limited servants, whens the next time okita is likely to be available on NA, because holy poo poo

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

There will be no jalter salt for me, for she will come to me without spending a cent. I am certain.

Fully expect to burn like 200 quartz, get nothing but CEs and medea, then get her on like an incidental ticket the next day

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Altria/Saber supposed to have an invisible sword or did my game glitch up

Yes, It was a plot thing on the original fate because since nobody realized King Arthur was a woman, Excalibur was the only identifying trait she had.

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 12, 2018

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Can confirm, my only saberface going in was mordred (has since been joined by nero, lily, and MHX, while salter denies to show her face)

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Come back after 6 months to a new account, got jalter on a ticket pull yesterday and got Vlextra and Cleo at the same time on my first 10-pull of the banner today :wtc:

I'm scared

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

So is there gonna be later opportunities to pick up copies of Liz Brave or is she done after this Halloween? Would like to NP5 her due to a lack of decent sabers, but since I'm less than two weeks into a fresh reroll I simply don't have the roster needed to clear some of these nodes without getting real stupid.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Shiny777 posted:

Also be aware that CE drop rate is every bit as horrible a lie as rateup.

2% my rear end

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Fuckin holy poo poo, finally got the last CE to MLB Elly's adventure, now I just need to grind out some wisdoms to bring brave liz herself up to max level

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Got spooked by beowulf on my post-paycheck 10-roll, but I still got saber lancelot so ir's okay. Kinda hoping I can get one of the lancer Altrias on their banner since right now my only lancer is Vlad, and he don't hit too good

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Fergus' name literally means virile

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I don't know if they cover this in the actual game since I'm only partway through America, but its actually Celtic canon that Fergus is the only man able to give Medb the good dick

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

OG Medusa best snek.

I'm probably going to split my strategic quartz reserves between Ishtar and Merlin banners because Archer and Caster are the two classes where I need some love, and while Gorgon is tempting I already have Jalter for the avenger slot.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Tarasque has a hard life.

I will be slightly disappointed if the Drunk Bachelorette Cave isn't a recurring location in future holiday events, with Martha becoming progressively more of a stick in the mud every year.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

So question about the holiday event, if I want to max out Jalter Lily but don't yet have any max leveled servants of my own and thus can't efficiently farm the best nodes, should I even bother trying to clear out every roulette or should I just roll until I get the ascension dolls and immediately reset them to save time?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Give the horse a 6-gun

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

4 boxes down and enough cards to MLB drunk Jalter, I'm in thankfully good condition compared to how hard I bombed the other Christmas event. Now I just need to max ascend Ishtar before I start Camelot so I have at least one gold Archer and I should be good.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

I'd like to nominate Every Single Marital Arts (Horse) as the best skill name in the game.

Quoting to preserve the greatest of all mistypes

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Jesus, that first node in Camelot is a fuckin wake up call, isn't it

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, Camelot is where the gloves officially come off.

Me: eh, I have multiple gold servants at 60-70, this shouldn't be too hard

DelightWorks: [laughs in sphinx]

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Someone remind me, what's the deadline to finish Babylon for reasons? Furthermore, if I'm halfway through Camelot currently what are my chances of burning my way to the end of Babylon in time?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I mean if we want to talk about servant wishlists, I'm genuinely loving shocked that we haven't got some form of Don Quixote yet since the whole idea is extremely Nasu's poo poo

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Rorahusky posted:

Now I wanna see a Berserker Don Quixote, who (violently) insists that he's not a Berserker servant.

Broke: Berserker Don Quixote
Woke: Saber Don Quixote that everyone just assumes is a berserker

Also: cracked and threw a 10-roll to get yungdusa and got double casgils instead, who's a good servant to pair with him?

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 10, 2018

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

AtheistMantis posted:

Of all the servants that have already been created, I wonder how they'll explain away how Charlemagne looks if they bring him into fgo

He's literally pals with Astolfo

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I think they mean "why is he gudao"

He looks nothing like the quartz-hungry ginger hellspawn you play as, though?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Plutonis posted:

If that's the case then Nero would be a horrible monster instead of a silly idol wannabe

Iirc Nero is just weird in general because she's called out in Extra for actively loving with the mechanics of the summoning system, as nero doesn't even remotely qualify as a Saber but forced it to make her one for aesthetic purposes.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

the_steve posted:

I mentioned it once way back, but, I'm surprised that Morgan from Arthurian legend isn't a Servant.
I mean, wasn't she Merlin's rival in terms of Magecraft? And she's obviously a key figure in the Lore.
Seems like she should be a shoe-in for Caster class.

Aside from what everyone has already said about a Camelot lostbelt: I'd bet actual money that until FGO became the runaway star child of the nasuvetse, Nasu had plans for some kind of sequel to FSN with Morgan as a major character, because her extremely conspicuous absence in literally every Fate work is the kind of thing that only happens when the person in charge specifically orders people not to do a thing.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I may have burned a not insignificant amount of my Merlin Reserves to acquire snek v3.

At least now Jalter has an avenger friend and I got np3 jaguar in the process.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

So I just got to the part of Babylon where you Understand Quetz, about how much more do I have to go? I'm really hoping that I can finish with enough time to grind some servants up to max before Solomon.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Babylonia spoilers: I hope whoever designed the Lahmu mechanics got fired for that horseshit

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I will say that babylonia has made me appreciate Saberlot even more than I did already, pairing him with Mash and either Waver or Story Merlin has basically been a repeating roadshow of him doing 40-110k crit turns while laughing behind a towering wall of defense buffs

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I doubt im gonna make it home in time to hit the barbatos pinata more than once or twice, so it's there a spreadsheet somewhere that breaks down what the other pillars drop?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Gluten Freeman posted:

I've got lancer vlad, stheno and sword Lancelot from this, which is ok since I was lacking a decent lancer and Lancelot also seems good.

Re the guaranteed paid summon, is that only valid if you do a 30-pull? And it has to be 30 paid quartz in total, the bonus quartz from paid packs don't count? I have enough google play credit to buy... 5 quartz lol. Doubt I'll be going for that.

Saberlot is an insanely good single target burst saber that, from what I understand, matches up against multiple 5-star sabers in that regard.

Yes, the guaranteed gacha is only with actual bought quartz, quest quartz and bonus quartz from purchases doesn't count, unfortunately. On that subject - what are the pools for each class again?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Got Foxy Lady on the caster GSSR, was hoping for Waver for versatility but she should be more than excellent for helping Saberlot and friends murder their way though everything. at least it's not sanzang

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

When's the next musashi banner, cause I'm completely tapped out on quartz and tickets at the moment.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Motto posted:

Arcsys and Platinum's licensed games are pretty shaky so be careful what you start wishing for

The quality of a platinum game is pretty much directly tied to how much Kamiya gives a poo poo about the premise, so the trick is figuring out which servant is most laser targeted to his fetishes

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

a kitten posted:

After many minutes of increasingly frenetic tapping i ended up with pretty much the exact results i would have figured.

This was me but medusa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Asimo posted:

Yeah, once they have the tech to do so they try to hide the true names and such of the EoR servants in F/SN style until you clear the scenario rather than keeping them story-locked to singularity completion. It doesn't quite work as well as planned, but that's why you've probably seen a bunch called alternate names like that.

The attempt at this in Babylonia was absolutely hilarious to me, even if it was intentionally obvious.

Aurora posted:

cleo: has a giant snake
ozy: is dio, i guess?
nito: ????

A corollary to this is that the Egypt-adjacent Julius Caesar is more or less literally exactly written like President Funny Valentine from part 7, a goofy, fat, scheming head of state with hidden depths and a freakish amount of charisma and charm with the ladies. a comparison that would only get more obvious if a buffer, younger, more brutal S/SR Rider Caesar ever got released