Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean i think when something is so widely praised within the industry that birthed it, there's probably more to it than "smears and lines" and instead of being a dismissive and superior rear end in a top hat you could take a moment to consider what merit it might have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if we don't clear the raid everyone's animations become caster orbs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

So is there a simple guide so I know where to farm event currency most efficiently? I can pretty easily do mama 6m with Nobu/Waver/Shiki so it's mostly just farming to buy out the shop.

there's an event guide here that lists drops and whatnot

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AXwqq1bRrt7_1_fK6HpY6KsY6DGmtqVuV9hIxehLuxQ/htmlview?sle=true

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hot springs and tower are good enough nodes for coral and baskets respectively, at least if you've got access to multiple event CEs. brocade farming will suck until the last nodes unlock.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it'd be nice if they at least gave good silvers because jeez some of them are kinda stinkers

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i dunno, i get that the grind to clear out the shop is awful but the event overall was actually really fun for me since i pretty much dropped the grind after clearing the ladder and getting np5 toki. contrasting with go west where the rewards were less exciting and the grind was much worse, i didn't even bother completing it because i was having such a bad time.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

speaking of medb, I hope they eventually sell those cute little servant figures for the upcoming tabletop event thing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the paid 5* was part of JP's anniversary stuff iirc, so it will come after Camelot

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just want saber george

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you persevere when rerolling, you too can be blessed

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want Jeanne or Mordred but not enough to risk any of the others in their pool, so I'm hoping to pull a caster or non-Vlad zerker

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tae posted:

If you're patient enough, the next paid banner is class based, with the exception of Jeanne being slotted into Assassin....which at that point is only Jack. So 50/50 shot on Jack or Jeanne.

yeah I'm waiting on that one and just hoping i don't get Jack both times lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lol this panel is a shitshow already

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

self-deprecation, the pinnacle of humor

kawasumi taking almost entirely food pics is hilariously appropriate

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Thundersword238 posted:

I’m at the panel right now and I was looking at the live reaction on reddit. Holy gently caress it is a garbage fire over there right now.

they are so salty about the mc lol, i love him

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tsuruoka blessed my roll, so i got my wish of a caster

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hmm yes, a normal reaction

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

I mean, when people are posting multiple 5* Servants on their paid rolls, getting two 5* CEs, ones it's debatable I'll ever use at that (can't think of any reason to start MLBing a second Heaven's Feel, and Ideal Holy King is really niche), isn't really what I want to get lucky on.

my post was meant to be under the guy having a fit at endorph's post, but i guess i missed the timing. gomen

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

grailing sanson seems like an easily identifiable feature

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rip Spartacus, gone too soon

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they rotated in jp didn't they?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you've been taken in

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i went to London and all i got was this non-rateup SR (Martha)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

worst case we're still going to get summer like ten days earlier than JP so i'm okay with this

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

ultra mega spoiler-tastic "the story so far" for Lostbelts image gallery.

https://imgur.com/r/grandorder/6a0G21X

This reasonable looking (to me at least) chart someone made on Reddit figured the worst case would be starting when JP got it.

Which wouldn't be terrible, but it'd be nice if it was earlier.

i feel like this chart should just compare anniversary and later, but i guess people really aren't over the AX delay and rearrangement of other stuff. but yeah i didn't expect delays past 8/1 which would put us ahead of JP in terms of dates.

waiting to 8/11 probably would be a bit much even as someone who appreciates this downtime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm not gonna beat Camelot yet and I want that sad guitar boy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rorahusky posted:

Hahaha, I love Tourist Karna with his bag full of souveniers. He probably intends to give them away to all the people who couldn't go vacationing with him, knowing Karna.

they're for jinako duh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rateup is real, but it cross-checks with the desire sensor first

np3 lantoria without a single tristan is, frankly, ridiculous

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

some of the summer characters are more gimmicky than others since they have skills that rely on specific locations or team compositions but it's not like that is unique to summer servants.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sigurd existing isn't gonna burn that guy's np5 max grailed siegfried so idk what the big deal is

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

finally... it's over. i can save for casgil

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he moves incredibly slow and doesn't get his evade/guts afaict from random game footage

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

is there a mordred + squirt rateup?

no they're on different banners

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

J.A.B.C. posted:

My choices have been all over the place, but I've done either Martha or Mordred, when they pop up.

So, watermelons come next!

ALSO, remember to do your Master Missions. Caster today, and Saber on Sunday to clear the last of them.

i'm doing this but dev quest 9 is gonna make me choose and i have no idea who should be the first go-round

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all the stuff i saw not involving Sieg and Jeanne was pretty good, but i have no idea how the second half shakes out in terms of being enjoyable to watch

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anytime Spartacus is on-screen

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sophism posted:

I'll take Ufotable's consistency over Apocrypha's two gorgeously animated fights shining in a pile of forgettable and off-model generic anime battles. And no, I'm not talking about in-between frames.

ya basic

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Space Flower posted:

all of ufo's shows have several fight scenes each with extended choreography and all of apocrypha had booming, theatrical sound effects that dominated a ton of fights, not to mention the several times where the screen was just ~beamspam~
imo the two studios both excel at what they do in their fate shows, they just have different priorities in how they allocate skilled artists. Ufotable prides itself on amazing post-production work and A-1 brings on a ton of talented animators and both of them are super prideful of it and turn everyone's heads with their "hey check this out" moves.

and i think all the bright and crazy effects own especially because they're fulfilling the dreams of a visual novel with a billion CGs for colorful weapon swings and bright lines and clashing steel

it's weird but i think watching their Touken Ranbu did a lot to retroactively sour me on the style the used for it + Fate, because at that point it feels less like their version of Fate and just their version of action shows period. i get that studio specialization and identity is a thing, but personally i prefer a studio that is less stylistically monolithic. and as much as the post-prod process is it's own form of art, i feel like it does as much to enhance some scenes as it does to partially/wholly obscure others.

tho as a sidebar i'm not sure why the earlier discussion of FApo had to be made into this weirdly combative comparison at all

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Plutonis posted:

They got loving Yoshitaka Amano (Vampire Hunter D artist and character designer for a shitload of Final Fantasy games) to do a FGO artbook

i need him to design a new servant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gently caress them being skins imo