Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm interested in how the English version is going to look GUI wise and how they're gonna handle the voiced dialogue in game. It's pretty cool how big FGO has gotten, I actually was in the camp of thought, thinking that this would never be released state side. I really hope people enjoy the story, this is the only mobile game I'm invested in and I don't know any other games that integrate a ton of game play and lore, unless it's a straight up VN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nate RFB posted:

I mean if you can throw money at the game (which is obviously in their best interest) to force yourself past an obstacle, then that's "OK" as an alternative. I was thinking of a situation where, yeah I could eventually roll for some 4* or 5*, but they'd start at a low level and would really need some battles to get to where they need to be, but welp there are no means to buff/grind them up because you have to do the story right then and there.

Like everyone mentioned, you can do the story at your own pace for the most part and the EXP missions are a separate thing you can do multiple times. Every battle you do, story or not, will also add to your Master EXP which means your AP increases which is really important in the long run.

And in all honesty, it doesn't take super long to level up your Servants. I might just be speaking from a comfortable and experienced position here, but I also say this as someone who's played the game in its vanilla JP state, when getting gold EXP cards was like pulling teeth. You'll be able to get the EXP you need for your Servants quite easily.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Other tips from an overinvested player:

1) Bind your account, always.
2) Hoard all the QP you can or at least enough so that you don't have to worry about spending any when you level up your Servants or their skills (skills are the biggest drain)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Can't wait to reroll for Heracles and get 12 camillas in a row instead.

Don't be silly.

You'll just get a slew of worthless 3* CEs.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm picking EMIYA again because there's no way I'd roll for him any other time unless I get spooked by him when I try to go for other Archers.

Marie is cool though, Viva la France and all that

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nope.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Maybe more additions from the Apocrypha cast, like Semiramis. I'd really like Semiramis.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's spawned a bunch of inferior copycats but it's a dynamic that feels uniquely Nasu's style and I like it a lot. :)

Related, one thing I also felt was very "Type-Moon" in terms of art style is "Casually conservatively dressed heroines": Shiki, Saber, Arcuid, kinda sooorta Tohsoka, her red shirt covers a decent amount compared to a lot of anime today. It's something I *like* and find refreshing from TM and why some of the FGO Servant designs are just blergh and are disappointing, they abandon what I considered to be TM's signature 'style'.

Yeah as Takeuchi's style evolved and improved, the female characters looked very appealing without having to cater to anyone's preferences and they dressed and are drawn with consideration to how clothes work most of the time. Shiki has my favorite design because it's so striking without having to resort to fanservice which is a problem in FGO and in other anime related media.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

MotU posted:

is 5* Vlad worth investing those stat boosting thingies into, im a complete dunce @ this

Yes, but you don't have to do so immediately.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So, something I don't get about the Prologue chapter.

So, it's a bad end of Heaven's Feel, except for one thing. Cu is the Caster instead of Medea. ...So who the hell is Lancer in that grail war? Anyone recognize that silhouette?

That's Benkei, he's a 2* Lancer you can get from the FP gacha

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Bakanogami posted:

I can get over Anderson being a little boy, but no matter how hard I try to accept it the voice just doesn't fit.

It's not supposed to. But you get used to it anyways because Andersen is cool

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

MotU posted:

now a single ticket gave me Altria (Alter) so you are forgiven for Siegfried, game

for general pairing with a Vlad and usually a Jeanne support buddy, would d'Eon or Altria Alter be better?

Depends on what you want. If you want to have more Arts cards during your team's phase, d'Eon would work well, if you want two hard hitters that a Jeanne support can protect, then have Saber Alter.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

MotU posted:

don't d'Eon and Saber Alter both have QAABB? Do they have different appearance weights or anything?

Eh, can't remember off the top of my head, but if that's the case, then think about whose NP you'd prefer to use. D'eon will weaken opponents, Saber will AOE everything to hell

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, Caster Gilles is weirdly scarce for a 3* even in JP version. I've only gotten him recently up to NP 2, while I have burned enough Saber Gilles to last a lifetime.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Bakanogami posted:

And she's a Ruler

Might wanna change that.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You'll probably get spooked by her when you do other gem rolls, don't worry. That and she's in the FP gacha too.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I truly forget how many people don't know CCC until they react to Andersen.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Tried rolling for Gil three times, only notable pulls were Lancelot and FSN Cu. Back to my weird luck where I only get 4* Berserkers...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Septem/Rome is a badly written chapter, but I think the boss battles are the only saving grace.

MotU posted:

is there any reason to save friend points like a FOU FEST or something like that where we get better poo poo out of the FP Gacha? I get like 4k-6k a day right now so idk if I should hoard them

You can sometimes get 3*s, but otherwise, it's usually just trash 1* cards, but there will be a 0* Avenger that's notoriously hard to get that's only in the FP gacha.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Exactly.

Since I already put so much into my JP account, I'm not doing a lot of dailies grinding, so I'm kind of intrigued to see how I play differently for this version. I might invest more in my lower tier Servants, although when I first started out in JP FGO, my only gold was Emiya until I got Saber Alter and Nero. For NA, I already have Emiya, Herc, and Martha, no five stars.

Let's see how this excellent adventure takes me...

Compendium fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 9, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Bad Seafood posted:

I am beginning to suspect the gacha life is not for me. Still, I like this one.

I only spent money once, and it was when Proto Arthur was released. That means it took me 2 years to actually give up.

I didn't get him, so this game is not getting any goddamn money from me anymore.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Eric's NP is AOE so he can take on mobs, but if you have Kiyohime, Darius, or Lancelot, he's kind of useless, BUT after rechecking his skills, he has some useful ones, mainly Battle Continuation and a HP increase/debuff remover for his third skill. He might be an interesting Berserker to utilize in early game? (I'll try him out on my JP account since he's fully ascended).

Keep him anyways, for the sweet interlude quartz

Compendium fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 10, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I mean, they kind of expect people to have eyes and explore the menus at the very least.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Metaphorically, Bond points 1-5 is the Getting to Know you phase, Bonds 6-10 is about your friendship tempered through endless grinds and unforgiving boss battles :getin:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kiyohime is completely sane compared to a Berserker like Raikou

Appreciate your stalker wife

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nate RFB posted:

Huh, unless my eyes are deceiving me I think I got my last gold assassin monument from a bronze servant (Hassan). Though I'll probably have to wait for that 3,000,000 QP bonus in a few days before I do the final Jeanne ascension.

It's been mentioned frequently that there will be better ascension material quests down the road; do said future quests also result in monuments? Because I honestly don't know if I can do this sort of thing again for say Herc's 10 monument requirement.

You can get 3 million QP easy from the dailies by running the 40 AP quest with some maxed out Riders/Berserkers and a strong Rider support. Since all the doors are Caster class, it's way easier to get through than the EXP hands.

As for ascension materials, I only have one word: Events. Events will have the monuments and ascension materials you need plus drops you get from running event quests when you grind for the currency.

VVVV dude make a spoiler tag at least VVVV

Compendium fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 12, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Early game grind is annoying, but if you're willing to get those last bits despite the awful drop rate, you'll be rewarded when it comes to events bc, hey at least that means you'll have a high level Servant to get through them faster and that way you can buy mats easily.

I'm a lazy rear end in a top hat since I put all my effort into JP FGO, so I'm just putting in the bare minimum because I know I'd rather grind during events than a normal day where I have most content cleared.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You'll scream at some events that have bad drop rates on event currency instead.

I mean, the one good reason you'd wanna do all the dailies is to get all the mana prisms at the very least. Oh yeah, and w/ monuments, they won't have all the classes in the shop, just putting that out there, it changes depending on what event it is. But in any case, you'll need whatever they offer at some point anyways.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 12, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'll only do a Shinji route if it's face punching or kicking him off a cliff

I wanna date Cu, I know with his luck he'd die at the end of his route, but still

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
My favorite events was Christmas with Santa Alter , Kara no Kyoukai, Summer, and CCC. Fate/Zero wasn't too bad except for the last third of the event which felt slapped on, and Prisma Illya was fun in its own way because all the female servants got a boost and that meant Mash's Buster move was pretty devastating.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

New Leaf posted:

Oh the little [...] bubble you hit where your "favorite" spouts random nonsense? That's all its opening? Great.. So worth it.

With each bond point you reach, you get a new line because you're learning more about the Servant and how they react towards the protagonist. Not every Servant is gonna fall in love with you, but you can tell with each new line, they're becoming more loyal to you. And depending on who you have in your immediate party, some Servants will comment on each other. It's fluff, but character fluff interaction is arguably what helped FGO endure it's period when it was a bad game because people love the Servants.

They'll even wish a happy birthday when you set your birth date and log in on your birthday and when there's an event going on, they'll be like, "YO, SOMETHING'S HAPPENING" or some variation of it. They put a lot of effort into that kind of poo poo.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 15, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

EzEight posted:

Is there special dialogue if you put Iskander and Waver together?

Waver seems set on only working for Iskander. With you being his side master.

Yup. Iskander makes a comment on Waver, Darius, Gilgamesh, Arturia, or Lancer Arturia if they're in your party.

I have Iskander, but the only Servant of those bunch that I have that he can comment on is Darius on my JPN account. :negative:

Compendium fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 15, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

NRVNQSR posted:

What if she's your waifu, though.

As someone who has NP2 Da Vinci on JPN, ehhhhhhh could be better.

NRVNQSR posted:

It does say recommended level 80 right there on the quest description.

Or cheese it even more by just waiting for Shiki to be released for that insta killing :V

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Her insta-kill rate is better than those two and is super effective on undead or ghost enemies which makes fighting those high HP types way easier.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A good Rider should fix any squishy Caster problems.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

OddObserver posted:

I hope Iskandar has the stats and skills to match his stature and character.

Iskander's specialty is being a bruiser type Rider. He hits and hits hard and he'll help your party hit hard. First two skills boost ATK and NP power for the whole party and his third skill boosts his own Buster ATK. His NP gain isn't bad, but it isn't the best and he can absorb stars to do heavy crit damage.

So it kinda matches, but he's not the most flexible Rider to use in a party unless you're steam rolling Casters and Berserkers.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Neopie posted:

Someone pleasend tell me there's a better way to get silver statues than playing the 30 a daily over and over

Event shop

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I have burned so many Saber Gilles, Lu Bus, Dariuses, and Jing Kes in the two years I played JPN version.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nightingale has a great suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
rolling for holmes right the gently caress now

edit: I GOT HIM, this kind of poo poo almost never happens, but I got the world's best detective on my JPN team :getin:

Compendium fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 30, 2017